These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So, what are you all up to?

First post First post
Author
Hast Semah
Doomheim
#81 - 2012-12-04 14:53:56 UTC
(2/4): Creating EVE_Online_...._win.patch: 71.1% - Downloading 676 MB / 1.54 GB
Singira
Heffalumps and Woozles.
#82 - 2012-12-04 15:05:48 UTC
I logged on when server went up..
Tested how the AI would work..
Warped my drake to a anomaly in lowsec, once I had agro from everything I warped in my Taranis alt and warpscrambled my Drake..
Instantly caught agro from all cruisers with the Taranis..

Thougth about the new safety system..

This expansion effectively killed: Canflipping, missionflipping, awoxing, 0.0 ratterhunting, and to some extend suicideganking, 1v1 can fights in empire.
Beeing a lowsec badguy more or less means you can't go to high-sec because of the new killright system.

Came to the conclusion that non-consensual PvP has basically been killed off..
Solomar Espersei
Quality Assurance
#83 - 2012-12-04 15:06:27 UTC
Downloaded patch before off to work where I sit at present, wishing I could be shooting some reds. Le sigh. I see a 2 hour lunch break in my future though.

Quality Assurance Recruiting intrepid explorers and BlOps/Cov Ops combat enthusiasts

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#84 - 2012-12-04 15:08:53 UTC
Singira wrote:
Warped my drake to a anomaly in lowsec, once I had agro from everything I warped in my Taranis alt and warpscrambled my Drake..

This expansion effectively killed: Canflipping, missionflipping, awoxing, 0.0 ratterhunting, and to some extend suicideganking, 1v1 can fights in empire.
Beeing a lowsec badguy more or less means you can't go to high-sec because of the new killright system.

You only generate killrights in lowsec if you pop a pod. If you pop a ship, you do not generate a sellable killright.

Even better, no more 15 minute waits between fights in lowsec!
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#85 - 2012-12-04 15:11:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Warde Guildencrantz
Singira wrote:

um...you could never go to high sec safely as a low sec badguy? you get shot by faction police.

don't give me "i am only semi bad and my sec status isnt below -2" cause then you aren't bad.

also:

missionflipping: better off just suicide ganking expensive mission ships
canflipping: lame
awoxing: lame
nullsec ratter killing: easily possible

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#86 - 2012-12-04 15:14:00 UTC
Trying to figure out how to activate killrights Oops
Ginger Barbarella
#87 - 2012-12-04 15:16:01 UTC
Vic had a cigar???

That's just naughty... Twisted

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Singira
Heffalumps and Woozles.
#88 - 2012-12-04 15:19:33 UTC
Warde Guildencrantz wrote:
Singira wrote:

um...you could never go to high sec safely as a low sec badguy? you get shot by faction police.

don't give me "i am only semi bad and my sec status isnt below -2" cause then you aren't bad.

also:

missionflipping: better off just suicide ganking expensive mission ships
canflipping: lame
awoxing: lame
nullsec ratter killing: easily possible

Thanks for your oppinionated but clueless input, now go back to camping a gate only now without an Orca..
Rahmiro
Rockets on the Battlefield
#89 - 2012-12-04 15:29:01 UTC
At work wishing that I used a vacation day.

I never seen these people in my life. I don't recognize them Your Honor

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2012-12-04 16:24:06 UTC
1 hour till working day is over... +1.5 hours to get home...

client is already patching. Wife for the win! Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#91 - 2012-12-04 16:36:21 UTC
Singira wrote:

I logged in, started to update my market orders, and set manufacturing runs. Got to about order 20 gave up, tried to set a couple of manufacturing runs; minimized EVE incredibly annoyed.

And I'm apparently not allowed to instigate a discussion about the UI in the general discussion forums.

Kind of a crappy Tuesday morning CCP.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#92 - 2012-12-04 16:46:31 UTC
I up for yet another day in buggy, glitchy yet so fun Planetside 2 + sad EVE forums posting while dreaming about WiS.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#93 - 2012-12-04 16:55:15 UTC
Singira wrote:

I think you'll soon find that you are, for the most part, completely incorrect. Blink

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#94 - 2012-12-04 16:56:13 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Singira wrote:

I logged in, started to update my market orders, and set manufacturing runs. Got to about order 20 gave up, tried to set a couple of manufacturing runs; minimized EVE incredibly annoyed.

And I'm apparently not allowed to instigate a discussion about the UI in the general discussion forums.

Kind of a crappy Tuesday morning CCP.

What's holding you up on market orders and manufacturing runs? I'm stuck at work for several more hours and it's something I didn't mess with on the test server.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Josef Djugashvilis
#95 - 2012-12-04 17:12:14 UTC
Trying to work out how to use a Navy Domi without drones for mission running.

This is not a signature.

Singira
Heffalumps and Woozles.
#96 - 2012-12-04 17:17:26 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Singira wrote:

I think you'll soon find that you are, for the most part, completely incorrect. Blink

I like how you clarify that statement by disproving my points one by one..
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#97 - 2012-12-04 17:22:07 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

What's holding you up on market orders and manufacturing runs? I'm stuck at work for several more hours and it's something I didn't mess with on the test server.

The mouse wheel has to be over the input fields to change things like order price and number of runs.

I can't really move the mouse and work at the same time anymore, and have to postiion the mouse over tiny elements in order to use them, or have the cursor in places I don't want it just to scroll through information I need.

Misanth
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
#98 - 2012-12-05 11:26:36 UTC
Singira wrote:

Funny. I had the same dialogue with a pal on Skype while waiting to log in. It started off with the cruiser-changes talk tho. I asked him what he thought the game hold for us who used to, in the older days, just do a little bit of random shooting here and there. Lowsec, nullsec, players, NPC's, bit of everything. Just casually pick a ship up and shoot whoever popped up. Like we used to. Or just take a random ship, and roam literally anywhere, and shoot whoever lived there.. and they'd shoot back. Like things used to be. We both thought about it for a little bit and realised no, nothing remotely like that exists in EVE anymore.

If you look at it from CCP's point of view: subs are not going down? Nothing is wrong. Promoting PvP blobs and highsec PvE has created more revenue for them than the original content did. So let's just kill EVE as we know it and profit from this new brain-deprived new version instead. It makes sense. They make more money. Sure it's not nearly as fun, or having any kind of skill involvement, or is true to the original statements about how 'dangerous' EVE is, and how it's home to 'pirates, scammers', 'people can make their own future' etc. Now highsec is safe, and you're forced into blobs in low- or null. That's it.

There'll be the occational exception of people spending X hours for a 1-3 vs 1-3man fight, and chances are, they won't be using t1 hulls with t1/t2 fits. Like we used to. And it most certainly won't be people hunting for escalation-PvP fights in the belts, now that noone belt- or anomaly PvE's, and even if they do, they can just safely run away from you. And even if you do get a tackle, the NPCs will swap to you, and even if that doesn't happen, the PvEr will either be in a 50+ ppl sov-upgraded fortress, or alone.. so no escalation and stable PvP source.

Maybe it's time to rename this game to Hello Kitty in Space.

AFK-cloaking in a system near you.