These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Bounty Hunting loophole?

Author
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-12-04 18:25:32 UTC
Lascivit Mercator wrote:
so if someone put a 1b isk bounty on you, could you lose unfit insured battleships and come out ahead?


Uninsured hulls get 40% overage, but that is 40% of the base value of minerals, which is below market value. The bounty pay out is based on 20% of the value lost. So you'll only get back at most 60% if you don't get insurance and ignoring market value.

Now if you pay for insurance and get platinum, you get 100% coverage of the base mineral value, but you have to pay a 30% premium, so you only get back 70%, plus 20% is only 90%. Of course your ship probably costs much more on the market than just CCP's assigned fixed mineral values, so you'll be losing out even more, much more.

Anything short of reducing market minerals prices below the fixed rate set by CCP, you will always be losing out of money. BTW, CCP's base value for trit is 2isk/unit, just to give you an idea how low these base values are.
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-12-04 18:26:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Barakach
Xylorn Hasher wrote:
Devon Sidious wrote:
Back in the day (and perhaps now), if you had a bounty, all you did was change your ship and have a friend kill the ship. Then they share the bounty (sometimes).

Under the new system, will this still happen?


New bounty system will pay only 20% of total ship (POD) lost value from Bounty pool. So if you get killed in 100m ISK worth ship, killer will be paid 20m ISK from your Bounty pool, that means killing yourself with alt to claim bounties is no longer profitable.

However, CCP did not give any info how much % of bounty will be payed when you are killed by fleet. I see 2 options here:

a) 20% of ship (POD) value from Bounty pool is payed to the fleet and its split equally to them ( Example 4 man fleet, every member is
payed 5% only in that case )
b) 20% of ship (POD) value from Bounty pool is payed to every member of the fleet ( Each member will get 20% ) - this option is
exploitable ( 5 alts will claim 100% ship loss value, 6 alts will claim 120% ship value ). But i dont think CCP is so stupid to be
hornest.


The pay out is split evenly among the fleet.

In non-fleet blog situations, the pay out goes to the last ship to hit the target

In the case CONCORD is involved, the ship that has caused the most damage gets the pay out.

No matter what, the pay out is always the same, based on the value lost.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#23 - 2012-12-04 19:57:39 UTC
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:
The bounty pay is now a percentage based off of what you are flying at the time. From my understanding, this makes it so that at best you come out even if you try to exploit the system.

Oh wait did I provide an intelligent answer that was helpful instead of jerking myself off in front of everyone? D:




You won't win at EvE like that. If you win, the gov will come to your house and make you a paid torturer.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Xylorn Hasher
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-12-04 22:51:53 UTC
Barakach wrote:

The pay out is split evenly among the fleet.

In non-fleet blog situations, the pay out goes to the last ship to hit the target

In the case CONCORD is involved, the ship that has caused the most damage gets the pay out.

No matter what, the pay out is always the same, based on the value lost.


Yeah evenly but did every fleet member recieve 20% or just that 20% is spiltted evenly?

Thats a big diffrence because if every member of the fleet recieve 20% you will need only 6 alts to actually make a profit from bounty someone put on you.

You go to save spot. You shoot yourself with alt1, logoff, log alt2 shoot, logoff and so on 6th alt kills you, bounty claimed. Profit made.

I hope im wrong and bounty system is no exploitable now.

All my posts are made shortly after Marihuana consumption.

Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
#25 - 2012-12-05 01:52:56 UTC
Get corp level bounty. Be in the same corp. Aggress each other. Gank things. Get bounty when concord kills you.

Subsidized ganking is back. Now it's just bounties instead of insurance.
Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
#26 - 2012-12-05 20:14:26 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P


No there weren't. The Theben contingent was much smaller than that.
Smodab Ongalot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-12-05 22:15:25 UTC
Barakach wrote:

Uninsured hulls get 40% overage, but that is 40% of the base value of minerals, which is below market value. The bounty pay out is based on 20% of the value lost. So you'll only get back at most 60% if you don't get insurance and ignoring market value.

Now if you pay for insurance and get platinum, you get 100% coverage of the base mineral value, but you have to pay a 30% premium, so you only get back 70%, plus 20% is only 90%. Of course your ship probably costs much more on the market than just CCP's assigned fixed mineral values, so you'll be losing out even more, much more.

Anything short of reducing market minerals prices below the fixed rate set by CCP, you will always be losing out of money. BTW, CCP's base value for trit is 2isk/unit, just to give you an idea how low these base values are.


Actually, as I understand it now, the value for insurance is based off the same averaging system as the ship value calculations. The insurance value is based upon some regional average value calculated at the time and place you purchased the insurance.

The big difference between loss value and insurance value is that insurance only covers the base hull, while bounty payout is 20% of ship + mods + cargo.

And you can't insure pods.
Bridgette d'Iberville
Better Killing Through Chemistry
#28 - 2012-12-05 22:44:58 UTC
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:
The bounty pay is now a percentage based off of what you are flying at the time. From my understanding, this makes it so that at best you come out even if you try to exploit the system.

Oh wait did I provide an intelligent answer that was helpful instead of jerking myself off in front of everyone? D:


Unless you're a corp thief who stole lots of blingy ships and had a bounty placed on them for that thievery. Then you can grab a pal and just destroy all the stuff you stole. You don't even need to get podded. Probably make out better selling them on the market, but less expolosions.

"I considered a career in griefing, but then realized that I would never achieve the level of tear generation that CCP manages to do each and every expansion."

Ginger Barbarella
#29 - 2012-12-06 00:11:25 UTC
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
ancient scriptures un-earthed do indeed document witness accounts of the magnitude and the duration of these mating rituals that took place ShockedCool



Get a room, ya pervs!!!! P

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Mikeh24
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-12-28 13:58:00 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I concur with the short guy


Better late then never,

As once explained to Boom while I was getting my pilot licence in Duripant VII Federal Navy Academy the camera was in the process of falling while taking my photograph. The tripod setup used by said photographer was not optimal resulting in major straining of the tripod legs and when the photographer sneezed and knocked out one of the legs. As the camera was falling backwards and to my right I attempted to grab it though during those fateful seconds the camera captured an image and it was instantly, forever, my photo ID.
Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#31 - 2012-12-28 16:17:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Boom Boom Longtime
Mikeh24 wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I concur with the short guy


Better late then never,

As once explained to Boom while I was getting my pilot licence in Duripant VII Federal Navy Academy the camera was in the process of falling while taking my photograph. The tripod setup used by said photographer was not optimal resulting in major straining of the tripod legs and when the photographer sneezed and knocked out one of the legs. As the camera was falling backwards and to my right I attempted to grab it though during those fateful seconds the camera captured an image and it was instantly, forever, my photo ID.

Thankfully your GDN-9 "Nightstalker" Combat Goggles negated any red-eye effect from the flash photography during the commotion. Not sure if you have noticed but if you enlarge the picture and look inward a bit from the bottom right you can even see a white speck of the photographer's nasal mucus as it flies through the air after being projected by the sneeze.

Congratulations on obtaining your pilot licence caspuleer, may your future be a prosperous one.

Concord Approved Trader

SB Rico
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-12-29 00:03:32 UTC  |  Edited by: SB Rico
Doddy wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P


Interested as to where you get that figure, never seen an estimate over 12k. Still the defeat at thermopylaehas rather obscured the far more important victories at marathon, platea and slamis, kinda weird. Everyone loves a loser i guess.


Marathon pre-dated Thermopylae, the invasion of the Persians at this point was in part to avenge Marathon.

The Greeks at Thermopylae were far better equipped by their Persian enemies and in terrain that gave them a significant advantage despite their small numbers (around 300 Spartans and 1-2000 others according to Herodotus/other historic sources). The Greeks were heavily armored and as such unaffected by the Persian archery, while the Persian infantry was poorly armored (silk tunic and wicker shields) meaning they were unable to press home against the Greeks and cavalry was of no use due to the tight packed Phalanx and long spears of the Greeks (think pikemen in full plate wedged between 2 cliffs). The final defeat was brought about due to the Phoenician contingent withdrawing to protect their homes and the Persians being shown a way round the Greeks, this meant not only was the Greek position unsustainable but also irrelevant (The Persians could actually have just marched round and ignored them).

Artemisium a naval battle lead by the Athenians at the same time as Thermopylae saw the Greeks succeed in the destruction of the Persian navy effectively cutting their supply lines and retreat. Platea was a great victory to rival that of Marathon where this second Persian invasion was finally defeated.

Incidental points:

1. Leonidas at Therompylae is the first man in history to be credited with the line "come and get them" when asked to hand over his weapons
2. The Leonidas line "Then we shall have our battle in the shade" in response to the Persian suggestion their arrows would block out the sun was not actually his despite the portrayal in the 300. It was said by one of his Lieutenants.
3. Despite their military prowess, the Spartans at Thermopylae were poorly equipped in comparison to the other Greeks. Spartan troops were still using bronze armor while their allies were equipped with laminated armor.
4. (mainly cos this pisses me off in films) The primary weapon of the Greeks was a 7-9 foot long spear, while a wealthy Greek may have possessed a sword it was rarely used due to the tendency of bronze swords to bend. (So Leonidas would not have run forward with his shirt off swinging a sword.)

I love these historical topics :)

Scammers are currently selling killrights on this toon for up to 5mil, if you have paid for this service demand your money back at once.

Killing me should be for free.

Singeabooty Raj
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-12-29 04:00:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Singeabooty Raj
SB Rico wrote:
Doddy wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Boom Boom Longtime wrote:
the 300 held strong at the impasse did they not ?


Thermopylae pass... that is the most romantasized battle ever.

It's true there were 300 Spartans... but there were also about 50,000 greeks P


Interested as to where you get that figure, never seen an estimate over 12k. Still the defeat at thermopylaehas rather obscured the far more important victories at marathon, platea and slamis, kinda weird. Everyone loves a loser i guess.


Marathon pre-dated Thermopylae, the invasion of the Persians at this point was in part to avenge Marathon.

The Greeks at Thermopylae were far better equipped by their Persian enemies and in terrain that gave them a significant advantage despite their small numbers (around 300 Spartans and 1-2000 others according to Herodotus/other historic sources). The Greeks were heavily armored and as such unaffected by the Persian archery, while the Persian infantry was poorly armored (silk tunic and wicker shields) meaning they were unable to press home against the Greeks and cavalry was of no use due to the tight packed Phalanx and long spears of the Greeks (think pikemen in full plate wedged between 2 cliffs). The final defeat was brought about due to the Phoenician contingent withdrawing to protect their homes and the Persians being shown a way round the Greeks, this meant not only was the Greek position unsustainable but also irrelevant (The Persians could actually have just marched round and ignored them).

Artemisium a naval battle lead by the Athenians at the same time as Thermopylae saw the Greeks succeed in the destruction of the Persian navy effectively cutting their supply lines and retreat. Platea was a great victory to rival that of Marathon where this second Persian invasion was finally defeated.

Incidental points:

1. Leonidas at Therompylae is the first man in history to be credited with the line "come and get them" when asked to hand over his weapons
2. The Leonidas line "Then we shall have our battle in the shade" in response to the Persian suggestion their arrows would block out the sun was not actually his despite the portrayal in the 300. It was said by one of his Lieutenants.
3. Despite their military prowess, the Spartans at Thermopylae were poorly equipped in comparison to the other Greeks. Spartan troops were still using bronze armor while their allies were equipped with laminated armor.
4. (mainly cos this pisses me off in films) The primary weapon of the Greeks was a 7-9 foot long spear, while a wealthy Greek may have possessed a sword it was rarely used due to the tendency of bronze swords to bend. (So Leonidas would not have run forward with his shirt off swinging a sword.)

I love these historical topics :)

If your beard extended to cover the whole neck i would have sworn given that battle account you were the modern day re-incarnation of king Leonidas appearing in this bounty thread Big smile

Black Man with Goggles

Previous page12