These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dont change the 2/10 plexes!

First post First post
Author
Kane Rizzel
NovaKane Incorporated
You've got RED on you
#141 - 2012-12-05 16:36:11 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:
Thanks CCP for listening to our concerns, explaining the reason behind this change, and letting us what you intend to give us as a losec replacement and source of fun/isk for frigate pilots. Thank you for understanding that the miniscule amounts of isk generated by static 1/10 and 2/10 plexes is a drop in the bucket compared to that generated by alt FW isk farmers in weaponless stabbed merlins, and that entire communities have evolved around them.

Oh, wait, never mind. You didnt.



For great justice...

I'm struggling to write a blog obituary for the death of frigate PvP in Gusandall on an official CCP fan site

[URL=http://novakaneinc.blogspot.co.uk]A Pirate's Perspective[/URL] [URL=http://community.eveonline.com/community/fansites.asp]Official EVE Online Fan Site[/URL]

Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#142 - 2012-12-05 18:37:23 UTC
Kane Rizzel
NovaKane Incorporated
You've got RED on you
#143 - 2012-12-05 19:07:35 UTC
Never Forgive, Never Forget.

[URL=http://novakaneinc.blogspot.co.uk]A Pirate's Perspective[/URL] [URL=http://community.eveonline.com/community/fansites.asp]Official EVE Online Fan Site[/URL]

Sylvous
Bigger than Jesus
#144 - 2012-12-05 19:16:25 UTC
Michael Harari wrote:

They are highsec only now....


Really? Wow, nice move there CCP. How about we make the 4/10 low sec only then to help balance this out?

However that really doesn't help a heck of a lot since we're not missing the plex for its money making properties, we're missing it for the MEANINGFUL pvp it provides us with.

Oh and the communities that spawned around them.
Teo Deo
T and D Enterprises
#145 - 2012-12-05 20:44:40 UTC
Here's another vote for bringing the static 2/10 back to low sec. The 2/10 in Heild provided a focus for some great frigate pvp fun.
Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
Neo-Bushido Movement
#146 - 2012-12-06 09:49:24 UTC
We're trying to think of a good way to come up with a 'temporary' solution in Heild.

Anchoring secure cans a couple of hundred k off top belt maybe? :D

Name them '2/10 Plex' ofc Pirate

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#147 - 2012-12-06 11:54:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Michael Harari
Given that ccp has yet to respond to this thead (and its not like they havent seen it), its quite possible it will need to be more than temporary.

They have enough time to decide the blackbird needs more speed and sensor strength, but cant even respond to this
Borascus
#148 - 2012-12-06 12:06:44 UTC
The previous system allowed people to camp until someone else came along - then a fight would occur.

during the 23.5 hrs the server is up this would result in overseers all day and killmails once / twice a day at prime time. IMO

Bearing in mind that another critical holding point for CQ's expansive WiS strategy revolves around groups of people trapped in a room all day talking; Is it really worthwhile having one PvP room where people can be, essentially isolated away from the main playerbase, waiting for a fight?

I vote for static landmarks without faction spawns but bounties are available.
Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
Neo-Bushido Movement
#149 - 2012-12-06 12:22:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent R'lyeh
Borascus wrote:
The previous system allowed people to camp until someone else came along - then a fight would occur.

during the 23.5 hrs the server is up this would result in overseers all day and killmails once / twice a day at prime time. IMO

Bearing in mind that another critical holding point for CQ's expansive WiS strategy revolves around groups of people trapped in a room all day talking; Is it really worthwhile having one PvP room where people can be, essentially isolated away from the main playerbase, waiting for a fight?

I vote for static landmarks without faction spawns but bounties are available.



I think you've entirely missed the point of this entire thread there............Certainly in Hield the plex was used mostly as a permanently on overview easily scannable place to go for a fight with the mechanics allowing people to have a little more control over who fought what & where.

Usually the fights take place on the acceleration gate rather than inside the plex itself and certainly if someone was 'camping' it all day farming the spawns they would get interrupted WAY more than once or twice a day and so wouldn't have much luck in their farming.....

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Malfyrion
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#150 - 2012-12-06 14:01:55 UTC
I am really getting a little bit itchy about ccp not responding to this, ive seen lesser and far more trivial threads with one or two pages getting one to three dev resonponses :/ ....so....WTH >:(
Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#151 - 2012-12-06 18:38:45 UTC
It is frustrating that we have not even received a 'to bad so sad, deal' response.

I'm going to dredge the depths of my naive hopefulness and put some weight on hearing something from the CSM members with their meeting.

I'm happy to be a member of a community that can bring this issue forward, in a restrained and professional manner waiting for CCPs response instead of a thousand threads of tears as the patch has spawned elsewhere. But hope begins to fray after time.

Sigh.

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

DR BiCarbonate
Doomriders.
#152 - 2012-12-06 19:11:44 UTC
+ 1 supported. There are many lowsec systems that are now next to worthless without the static frigate plexes.

Buffs t1 frigates and new destroyers.

Removes static plexes.

Really?

Whoever thought of that should be fired.
Borascus
#153 - 2012-12-06 19:45:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Borascus
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:
Borascus wrote:
The previous system allowed people to camp until someone else came along - then a fight would occur.

during the 23.5 hrs the server is up this would result in overseers all day and killmails once / twice a day at prime time. IMO

Bearing in mind that another critical holding point for CQ's expansive WiS strategy revolves around groups of people trapped in a room all day talking; Is it really worthwhile having one PvP room where people can be, essentially isolated away from the main playerbase, waiting for a fight?

I vote for static landmarks without faction spawns but bounties are available.



I think you've entirely missed the point of this entire thread there............Certainly in Hield the plex was used mostly as a permanently on overview easily scannable place to go for a fight with the mechanics allowing people to have a little more control over who fought what & where.

Usually the fights take place on the acceleration gate rather than inside the plex itself and certainly if someone was 'camping' it all day farming the spawns they would get interrupted WAY more than once or twice a day and so wouldn't have much luck in their farming.....



Well no.

Static Landmarks where bounties are available would be much more susbstantial than "let low-sec have hundreds of chances for faction mods because we could fight someone."

Killboards can paint a clear picture on this. For example ships destroyed / npc ships destroyed is a strong argument against.

3 fights a month is a strong argument against.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a silver plate for predatory, but if it had a fancy name people would still fly to it. If you scan for combat plexes you'll find stuff near the centre of systems to sit next to. You'll find other people warp to it regularly, like the Ebony Tower in Barmalie.


Nice killboard but you've more kills in Eugales on the first page than Heild.

The statics are still as profitable and are now scannable and no longer static. You'll find the odd 400-800mil plex scanning in low-sec all day.
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#154 - 2012-12-06 20:14:59 UTC
Borascus wrote:


The statics are still as profitable and are now scannable and no longer static. You'll find the odd 400-800mil plex scanning in low-sec all day.


And none of us care about this, because we used it as a pvp area. Camping a probeable plex just gets bears warping to you. We want combat ships
Sol Malorion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#155 - 2012-12-06 21:17:06 UTC
Removing the static plex from lowsec is a poor game design decision
Waiting too long to acknowledge your customer's concerns is a poor business decision.
CCP, the appropriate move at this point is to chime in with "we hear your issues and are considering options"
Sylvous
Bigger than Jesus
#156 - 2012-12-06 21:26:54 UTC
Borascus wrote:


The statics are still as profitable and are now scannable and no longer static. You'll find the odd 400-800mil plex scanning in low-sec all day.


Have you even taken a read over this thread?

Our concern has nothing to do with isk. We want combat, not PVE, and we want to fight other ships fit for combat. The static plexes were ideal because the reward for running them was high enough to attract attention, while the PVE side of it was easy enough that dedicated PVP ships could be used to run them. This together meant that these complexes were a chokepoint at which vast amounts of PVP could be found in any system in low sec that bore these valuable PVP resources.

If I was concerned about the isk I would have learned to cope with the new system since the fix CCP has come up with DOES in fact fix the camping problem that was so prevalent in high sec. However this fix has crippled some of the most vibrant small gang and solo PVP communities in the game.

Sol Malorion wrote:
Removing the static plex from lowsec is a poor game design decision
Waiting too long to acknowledge your customer's concerns is a poor business decision.
CCP, the appropriate move at this point is to chime in with "we hear your issues and are considering options"


Yeah this.
Some acknowledgement of our concerns would be appreciated.
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#157 - 2012-12-06 23:19:45 UTC
An inexplicable and dull move from CCP. Lowsec needs more places like these plexes, not fewer. It gets people out in space doing stuff, and it moves fights away from repetitive gate/station nonsense.
Bondage Faery
The Guardian Knights
#158 - 2012-12-07 10:00:32 UTC
Dong Orson wrote:
Sounds awesome now people will have even less reason to visit low sec, and I can ship spin without being bothered by those pesky kids on my lawn.

Good job ccp, continue on your quest to make low sec pvp a one dimensional sandbox.

May I suggest for your next move be to limit all low sec pvp to faction warfare and then have that only be able to occur inside FW plexes and only then if both partys agree to it.

Can't wait to see your next bit of changes

Sincerely
Dong Orson.


The sarcasm is strong with this one. Hope the peeps at CCP also got it right: STOP MESSING WITH LOWSEC AND BRING BACK THE STATIC PLEXES. IF YOU HAVE A SPECIAL QUOTA FOR MANDATORY CHANGES THEN ADD 3/10 PLEXES, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND FFS! *SPANK*
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#159 - 2012-12-07 16:08:27 UTC
bumping again
Kane Rizzel
NovaKane Incorporated
You've got RED on you
#160 - 2012-12-07 21:02:01 UTC
Are we there yet?

[URL=http://novakaneinc.blogspot.co.uk]A Pirate's Perspective[/URL] [URL=http://community.eveonline.com/community/fansites.asp]Official EVE Online Fan Site[/URL]