These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dont change the 2/10 plexes!

First post First post
Author
Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#581 - 2013-05-02 12:55:50 UTC
We will not forget.
Malfyrion
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#582 - 2013-05-18 17:58:42 UTC
Angelus Ryan wrote:
We will not forget.


We will not forgive.
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#583 - 2013-05-18 18:00:52 UTC
For we like frigates and lowsec.
Sylvous
Bigger than Jesus
#584 - 2013-05-22 19:51:19 UTC
So are the NPC's in belts that drop tags that can be traded for sec status the replacement to what was one of the best features in EVE? Or is it just an addition?

I am hoping it is the latter of the two, because I fail to see how this will create the same kind of elite frigate game play.
Toterra
Parental Control
Didn't want that Sov anyway.
#585 - 2013-06-19 18:33:42 UTC
Bump
McF33
ChuangShi
Fraternity.
#586 - 2013-06-24 15:14:31 UTC
Bump Bump
Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#587 - 2013-06-25 06:48:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Angelus Ryan
Sylvous wrote:
So are the NPC's in belts that drop tags that can be traded for sec status the replacement to what was one of the best features in EVE? Or is it just an addition?

I am hoping it is the latter of the two, because I fail to see how this will create the same kind of elite frigate game play.


No, the replacement is our ability to farm lowsec explorers while they are busy with the hacking minigame.

Glorious, glorious battle, indeed.

But hey, at least sister probe launchers pay the bills!
Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#588 - 2013-07-11 13:48:01 UTC
Bump for Justice!

"This Used to Be My Playground" / Madonna

This used to be my playground (used to be)
This used to be my childhood dream
This used to be the place I ran to
Whenever I was in need
Of a friend
Why did it have to end
And why do they always say

Don't look back
Keep your head held high
Don't ask them why
Because life is short
And before you know
You're feeling old
And your heart is breaking
Don't hold on to the past
Well that's too much to ask

[Long and movie versions only:]

[chorus]
Live and learn
Well the years they flew
And we never knew
We were foolish then
We would never tire
And that little fire
Is still alive in me
It will never go away
Can't say goodbye to yesterday (can't say goodbye)

[chorus]

No regrets
But I wish that you
Were here with me
Well then there's hope yet
I can see your face
In our secret place
You're not just a memory
Say goodbye to yesterday (the dream)
Those are words I'll never say (I'll never say)

This used to be my playground (used to be)
This used to be our pride and joy
This used to be the place we ran to
That no one in the world could dare destroy

[Short and movie versions only:]

This used to be our playground (used to be)
This used to be our childhood dream
This used to be the place we ran to
I wish you were standing here with me

[Movie version only:]

This used to be our playground (used to be)
This used to be our great escape
This used to be the place we ran to
This used to be our secret hiding place

This used to be our playground (used to be)
This used to be our childhood dream
This used to be the place we ran to
The best things in life are always free
Wishing you were here with me
Sylvous
Bigger than Jesus
#589 - 2013-07-11 19:14:00 UTC
We should just get the low sec static complexes added to the "small things" list for the CSM.
Cassius Clayy
Dred Nots
#590 - 2013-07-12 08:31:16 UTC
For great justice!

Angelus Ryan wrote:
Bump for Justice!

"This Used to Be My Playground" / Madonna

This used to be my playground (used to be)
This used to be my childhood dream
This used to be the place I ran to
Whenever I was in need
Of a friend
Why did it have to end
And why do they always say

Don't look back
Keep your head held high
Don't ask them why
Because life is short
And before you know
You're feeling old
And your heart is breaking
Don't hold on to the past
Well that's too much to ask

[Long and movie versions only:]

[chorus]
Live and learn
Well the years they flew
And we never knew
We were foolish then
We would never tire
And that little fire
Is still alive in me
It will never go away
Can't say goodbye to yesterday (can't say goodbye)

[chorus]

No regrets
But I wish that you
Were here with me
Well then there's hope yet
I can see your face
In our secret place
You're not just a memory
Say goodbye to yesterday (the dream)
Those are words I'll never say (I'll never say)

This used to be my playground (used to be)
This used to be our pride and joy
This used to be the place we ran to
That no one in the world could dare destroy

[Short and movie versions only:]

This used to be our playground (used to be)
This used to be our childhood dream
This used to be the place we ran to
I wish you were standing here with me

[Movie version only:]

This used to be our playground (used to be)
This used to be our great escape
This used to be the place we ran to
This used to be our secret hiding place

This used to be our playground (used to be)
This used to be our childhood dream
This used to be the place we ran to
The best things in life are always free
Wishing you were here with me

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#591 - 2013-08-11 18:31:44 UTC
...Not forgetting...

Clone rats are a nice lil thingy (and better iskies to be honest) but no replacement and FW still sucks compared to the fights in these.
Toterra
Parental Control
Didn't want that Sov anyway.
#592 - 2013-09-10 14:37:22 UTC
I was just listening to crossing zebra's episode 28. Perfect example of what was wrong with this change. The lowsec lifestyle and community is continuously gutted by CCP. This was one largish community that was destroyed, and I still don't know why.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#593 - 2013-09-23 20:57:45 UTC
I say that ccp should bring back all of the static plexes, even if they are empty of rats and rewards. Landmarks are important in a game like eve and where you get landmarks like the plexes it makes the universe seem more alive and worth exploring. Not all exploration should be done with a probe scanner. There is great enjoyment to be had just flying around and randomly finding things which is why I really liked the Algintal constellation when I first joined the game. Now if you just happen to bump into someone else at those landmarks and pvp ensues that's a bonus.

Ships meet at points of interest and conflict often occurs at the same points of interest, if you remove the points of interest/landmarks then I think collectively the game is poorer.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Ueberlisk
The Hatchery
#594 - 2013-09-23 21:17:05 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
I say that ccp should bring back all of the static plexes, even if they are empty of rats and rewards. Landmarks are important in a game like eve and where you get landmarks like the plexes it makes the universe seem more alive and worth exploring. Not all exploration should be done with a probe scanner. There is great enjoyment to be had just flying around and randomly finding things which is why I really liked the Algintal constellation when I first joined the game. Now if you just happen to bump into someone else at those landmarks and pvp ensues that's a bonus.

Ships meet at points of interest and conflict often occurs at the same points of interest, if you remove the points of interest/landmarks then I think collectively the game is poorer.


There's plenty of landmarks that noone goes to. There has to be some incentive to go and do those sites so they bring people in.
But there is FW now. It's easier to abuse for isk and you don't even need to fit your ship to do so. Who cares about pvp.
Jaison Savrin
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#595 - 2013-09-23 22:58:53 UTC
So, I avoid low sec like the plague. You know, only use cloaky ships and JF services to get through it. However, after reading this thread I feel like I missed something pretty interesting in these 1/10 and 2/10 sites. Too bad they are gone. Oh well, guess I'll just keep moving on to null. I have some anoms to run for actual profit.
Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#596 - 2013-11-01 10:00:38 UTC
Aaand, they're back. Just not as statics.

Man, CCP can't decide on ~METRICS~ it seems.

And its being trumpeted up as a "feature" of Rubicon. Roll
Randy Wray
Warcrows
Shattered Foundations
#597 - 2013-11-01 12:15:16 UTC
http://themittani.com/features/sovereign-gaming-league-eve-tournaments-incoming

In the article frigate only pvp tournaments were mentioned, will we possibly see the static pvp complexes introduced as a way to support this?

Solo Pvper in all areas of space including wormhole space. Check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6M3xV43Af-3E1ds0tTyew/feed for mostly small scale pvp in lowsec/nullsec

twitch.tv/randywray

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#598 - 2013-11-01 13:10:09 UTC
Angelus Ryan wrote:
Aaand, they're back. Just not as statics.

Man, CCP can't decide on ~METRICS~ it seems.

And its being trumpeted up as a "feature" of Rubicon. Roll


Please explain.

I did hear the baby faced guy say something about dropping one of those station things at the landmark beacons so "you can have a secret pirate base" or something along those lines....can they be upgraded to have a chance to spawn a faction drop? If not we can just call them space junk?
Angelus Ryan
One Ronin
#599 - 2013-11-01 14:11:02 UTC
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:
Angelus Ryan wrote:
Aaand, they're back. Just not as statics.

Man, CCP can't decide on ~METRICS~ it seems.

And its being trumpeted up as a "feature" of Rubicon. Roll


Please explain.

I did hear the baby faced guy say something about dropping one of those station things at the landmark beacons so "you can have a secret pirate base" or something along those lines....can they be upgraded to have a chance to spawn a faction drop? If not we can just call them space junk?


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=291758
Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#600 - 2013-11-01 21:03:02 UTC
Angelus Ryan wrote:
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:
Angelus Ryan wrote:
Aaand, they're back. Just not as statics.

Man, CCP can't decide on ~METRICS~ it seems.

And its being trumpeted up as a "feature" of Rubicon. Roll


Please explain.

I did hear the baby faced guy say something about dropping one of those station things at the landmark beacons so "you can have a secret pirate base" or something along those lines....can they be upgraded to have a chance to spawn a faction drop? If not we can just call them space junk?


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=291758


I guess it will be another year until they realize they're handing us more faction drops on a silver platter with far less risk than the statics. I wonder if they'll have the same fun gate key mechanics so I can hold 1/10s hostage waiting for gimped prober fits to try it. Lovely pve content right there baby! Roll

I like the part about new players getting locked out of high sec. What a load of bullshit...