These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Miner Bumping: Discussion & Questions Thread

First post First post
Author
Anslo
Scope Works
#61 - 2012-11-29 19:34:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Dervinus wrote:
[quote=87102-6]:words:

Edit: Rule 24 Off topic posting is prohibited - ISD Tyrozan

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#62 - 2012-11-29 19:34:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Mallak Azaria
Make ship collisions cause damage based on real world physics. That way I can slam an inexpensive frigate in to a freighter, releasing enough energy to rival the largest nuclear warhead, punching a hole through the freighter & destroying it!

PLEASE DO THIS CCP!

Edit: Rule 7 - Trolling is prohibited - ISD Tyrozan
Actually Mister ISD, that was not trolling.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

87102-6
Doomheim
#63 - 2012-11-29 19:36:48 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Dervinus wrote:
87102-6 wrote:
:words:

Not sure what having Chron's disease has to do with not being able to respond in local chat or pay 10m isk.

Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#64 - 2012-11-29 19:39:46 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Tubrug1 wrote:
Minerbumping is emergent gameplay, miners already have all the counters they need but are too scared to spend their hard earned isk on ganking, wardeccing or hiring mercs.

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Dervinus
Rusted and Rejuvenated
Sigma Grindset
#65 - 2012-11-29 19:40:52 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
87102-6 wrote:
[quote=Dervinus][quote=87102-6]:words:

Edit: Off-topic quote deleted - ISD Tyrozan

o7 toonies

Llort
A Space Odyssey
#66 - 2012-11-29 19:41:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan

Capt Lynch
Deep Stellar Coalition Enterprises
Silent Company
#67 - 2012-11-29 19:43:29 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan

87102-6
Doomheim
#68 - 2012-11-29 19:43:42 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Kayla Miromme wrote:
This thread seems to be changing from a discussion on bumping to a discussion on The New Order of HIghsec, which I doubt is what was intended.

Capt Lynch
Silent Company
#69 - 2012-11-29 19:46:18 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan

Dervinus
Rusted and Rejuvenated
Sigma Grindset
#70 - 2012-11-29 19:47:09 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Edit - Off-topic quote deleted - ISD Tyrozan

o7 toonies

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#71 - 2012-11-29 19:47:42 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Capt Lynch wrote:
While I think James claim that it is to get rid of bot miners is admirable, he does not do that...his blog itself in many articles confirms itd all about the grief...and always was.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Ahvram
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#72 - 2012-11-29 19:49:04 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan

Edit: Deleted Off topic post - ISD Tyrozan

MTB BR
Unique Corp BR
#73 - 2012-11-29 19:49:26 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Kayla Miromme wrote:
This thread seems to be changing from a discussion on bumping to a discussion on The New Order of HIghsec, which I doubt is what was intended.

I am a miner. When it comes to the actual mechanic of bumping, I see no reason to change it. The system works fine as it is, and I disagree with anyone who whines or complains about needing an anchor mod or some other gameplay change.

Capt Lynch
Silent Company
#74 - 2012-11-29 19:50:19 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Dervinus wrote:
[quote=Capt Lynch][quote=Anslo][quote=Dervinus][quote=87102-6]:words:

Edit: Deleted off-topic quote - ISD Tyrozan

Bing Bangboom
DAMAG Safety Commission
#75 - 2012-11-29 19:51:43 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
87102-6 wrote:
For folks not quite familiar with the situation that's been going on and why I deem it harassment .

Highsec is worth fighting for.

By choosing to mine in New Order systems, highsec miners have agreed to follow the New Halaima Code of Conduct.  www.minerbumping.com

Auric Megastryke
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-11-29 19:52:06 UTC
First off, I AM a miner, and I have to agree that miner bumping is a valid tactic.

That said, I have to say that the bumping mechanics in Eve need a good dose of work with an eye towards the physics. Why is it that if I shoot a slug of lead at your shields they will take damage, but if I ram my interceptor into your 940,000,000 kg freighter at a couple of miles per second that we just bounce off harmlessly? Ships should take shield / armor / hull damage from ramming on some formula based on their mass and speed at impact.

Further - until the shields are down, NO alteration of speed or course should occur - that is why we have SHIELDS. They take the damage so that the kinetic energy of impact is not transferred to your armor / hull.

For the mathematically inclined - an XL lead charge, shot by a POS battery - is 0.125 m3 of lead, with a mass of 1,417 Kg (lead is 11,340 kg / m3) accelerated to huge velocity (at a minimum, it is 300Km range divided by firing time of 15s = at least 20Km/sec). Kinetic energy is related to the square of the velocity (E = 1/2m V^2) - so that XL lead charge is carrying a load of kinetic energy and doesn't change my course or speed one bit on impact with my shields. A little time with a web calculator shows this impact is the equivalent of an explosion of 67 TONS of TNT on my shields - no course or speed change at all, but one hell of a lot of shield damage.

Meanwhile, my stiletto (mass 1,100,000 kg) traveling at 1,500 M/Sec rams into you (kinetic energy equivalent 295 tons of TNT), does no shield damage whatsoever, but sends you off into oblivion by transferring a few hundred M/Sec over to you.

Ramming is a valid tactic, but it makes no sense to have the rammer and victim take no damage from the impact.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2012-11-29 19:52:52 UTC
Ahvram wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
In addition to my previous post if you remove ways of affecting highsec players without adding others you make the game itself less interesting. Look at the forum threads and the two opposing websites, something as simple as bumping has spawned as examples of this. Without this simple mechanic, bumping, none of that would have happened and highsec would be that much more dull. Ask yourself this CCP, "do I really want to remove a key tool in creating content for my game just to appease a minority of loud whiners?"

I read "Dont take away our easy completely no risk way of exploiting High sec players as we lack the ability to do so in a legitimate way"

Thats the real issue here and no other. So many long winded aurguments when this is the only real reason.

You read wrong, try actually making a counter argument instead of being insulting.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Capt Lynch
Silent Company
#78 - 2012-11-29 19:53:35 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan

Johnny Aideron
Order of Rouvenor
#79 - 2012-11-29 19:55:39 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan

87102-6
Doomheim
#80 - 2012-11-29 20:02:06 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan