These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Honor in an agreed 1v1

First post
Author
Ashterothi
The Order of Thelemic Ascension
The Invited
#21 - 2012-11-27 17:30:07 UTC
I have learned to be weary of anything that "Mystical Might" is near.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-11-27 18:03:03 UTC
Honour is what you have when you play to lose. Ask Band of Brothers all about it sometime.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-11-27 20:17:51 UTC
Last time I did an honor 1v1 I had a wolf in strucutre with my celestis when a vindi and guardian appeared.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

Gangname Style
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-11-27 23:17:41 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Honour is what you have when you play to lose. Ask Band of Brothers all about it sometime.

What do you even know about 1v1s? All you've ever done is gank miners and fight in 100 man fleet battles.

Please don't meddle in the big boy discussions.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-11-28 04:18:28 UTC
Gangname Style wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:

What do you even know about 1v1s? All you've ever done is gank miners and fight in 100 man fleet battles.

1v1= When a person fights another person who has people ready to jump in. See, was that so hard?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Shamus O'Reilly
Candy Cabal
#26 - 2012-11-28 05:31:28 UTC
Flurk Hellbron wrote:
I laughed...
A 1 v 1 in Eve?

Even in a wardec i had been able to 1 v 1 a veteran player while one of my corpies and one of his war allies watched alongside.

But by all means go ahead and say they don't happen Smile

"I swear there are more people complaining over "nullsecers complaining" then actual nullsec people complaining."

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-11-28 09:37:31 UTC
It's no matter what people say. There are people in Eve who respect themself enough to honor 1v1 fights. You just try it and ban (for yourself) person who is too low for it. You won't loose much.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Mystical Might
Eclipse Pulsar
Fraternity.
#28 - 2012-11-28 12:06:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Mystical Might
Ashterothi wrote:
I have learned to be weary of anything that "Mystical Might" is near.

I'm simply a believer in honor. I solo pvp a lot, and know what it's like when someone dishonors a 1vs1. My views and ideals aren't blurred by sides; I'd happily kill gunny any day, but not in that way. You could be someone i really dislike, and still get to see this nice side of me.

In other news, that duder is on my KOS list.
Shootblueseveryday.

~HonoR~

Edit; phone typing is **** rawr.
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-11-28 14:18:08 UTC
In my old corp we left a corpy to die in a 1v1 even tho we were on grid and he was screaming for us to help. We honored 1v1 's even not our own. We were there tho because we knew not everyone does... we just didnt realize it would be our own member who chickened out.... he rage quit the corp afterwards :p

No Worries

Lockheed19
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-11-28 14:19:54 UTC
For crying out loud......it's 'honour', NOT 'honor'.

Sheesh. Twisted
Lockheed19
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-11-28 14:23:11 UTC
Chrome Striker...! Separated at birth? Big smile
Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#32 - 2012-11-28 15:39:51 UTC
Fleet

Warp fleet to safe spot

Don't give the other guy the rank to invite

Duel in medium or small ships that are somewhat difficult to scan down.

There, that'll save you from 99% of folks that try to back out. If you want further paranoia, pack a bit of ECM, activate it and bail if you see someone in his corp (which you've obviously marked unfriendly, because you don't suck, right?) pop in local.
Abyssum Invocat
Yet Another Tax Haven
#33 - 2012-11-28 16:07:45 UTC
If you're going to 1v1 someone, invite them to fleet. If it auto-declines saying that they are already in a fleet, don't 1v1 them. It's not exactly complicated and weeds out most gank attempts.
Karig'Ano Keikira
Tax Cheaters
#34 - 2012-11-29 22:16:12 UTC
One of things I find kinda strange about EVE is amount of trouble people seem to put themselves through to 'get kill'. I saw myself hunted by dozens of people and saw people block both sides of system with 3 gates, pulling more then 20 people to kill single pve equipped raven (not like I expected to see it come home, but still... :) ). As result, I guess honoring 1v1 is kinda rare :(. Same problem with pirates and ransoms - I saw more pirates just eager to kill you no matter if you pay up or not
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#35 - 2012-11-30 21:28:55 UTC
I used to ask/for take allot of 1v1s in low sec. I don't think any of them were dishonored purposefully - yes a few times we took them at somewhat busy places and others joined. I no longer ask because I am a bit tired of them.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#36 - 2012-12-01 01:54:29 UTC
I flew in on one of your fights once. Didn't know it was a 1v1. Corpie shoulda told me. I've never asked or accepted one from you as of yet, but that damn plexing hookbill of yours will go down by my guns one day. You always get a fight with Gunny.
Arianne Stone
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#37 - 2012-12-02 14:26:05 UTC
In a busy system I'd always 1v1 at a safe, fleeted. It just prevents any funny business, loud just because 2 people agree to 1v1 doesn't mean anyone else can't try to intervene, other then friends of the participants trying to sway the fight.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#38 - 2012-12-02 16:33:32 UTC
I like when the asshats post "It's Eve, You don't need Honour." And they act like that makes them credible or something.

Since the beginning of time, games are exactly where you are supposed to have honour.
Darvaleth Sigma
Imperial Security Hegemony
#39 - 2012-12-02 18:51:05 UTC
The Brit inside me is shivering at the sheer volume of "honor" in this thread.

What ever happened to honour?

Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Gorn Arming
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-12-02 21:07:16 UTC
Darvaleth Sigma wrote:
The Brit inside me is shivering at the sheer volume of "honor" in this thread.

What ever happened to honour?

What happened? Your empire fell and we co-opted your language.

Better learn to deal with it.
Previous page123Next page