These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Pulling the Plug on WiS

First post First post First post
Author
Nick Rich
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#381 - 2012-11-29 09:06:42 UTC
CCP, please! There is a question, not only for me, because people are just guessing. So tell us at least something about the WIS, you can follow any responses to at least some encouraging information realties? The fact that no information is already heavily fed up.

Sorry for my english, but I do not use a translator, because I want to talk to you in the same language.

Borascus
#382 - 2012-11-29 09:33:01 UTC


KrakizBad wrote:

I'm sorry you're so confused. But keep talking about how everyone wants Space Barbie, I'm sure that will work.


Unlike Space Butlins/Pontins which we already have.... and shiny barbie disco-ball ships.
Buck Futz
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#383 - 2012-11-29 09:54:40 UTC
WiS is dead, gone, and good riddance. The same people that would enjoy WiS are the annoying types that turned "Likes and get Likes" and all the Avatar threads into a GD eyesore for over a year. Screw wasting resources on that lot.

Of course, I'd be happier about it, but the CCP Devs who thought Space Barbies was a "brilliant" idea are the same ones who are currently pushing their highsec carebear wet dream version of EVE on the rest of us.

If I had to choose between Crimewatch 2.0 and idiotic barge buffs or space barbies and NEX, I'd say let the girls have their dolls.

Also, is it just me or do Brits WAY overuse the term 'brilliant'?
Brutus King
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#384 - 2012-11-29 10:22:15 UTC
Killing CQ and NEX is a BRILLIANT idea.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#385 - 2012-11-29 10:22:48 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
The problem isn't that CCP doesn't have the resources to make it happen, they do, but as Snow Axe has pointed out, they can't do one without taking from the other.


Kill WoD. Watch more resources become available without affecting FiS development. Point nullified.


Good riddance, we can have neo vampires in space, a division of blood raiders. Cool
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#386 - 2012-11-29 10:26:47 UTC
Buck Futz wrote:
WiS is dead, gone, and good riddance. The same people that would enjoy WiS are the annoying types that turned "Likes and get Likes" and all the Avatar threads into a GD eyesore for over a year. Screw wasting resources on that lot.

Of course, I'd be happier about it, but the CCP Devs who thought Space Barbies was a "brilliant" idea are the same ones who are currently pushing their highsec carebear wet dream version of EVE on the rest of us.

If I had to choose between Crimewatch 2.0 and idiotic barge buffs or space barbies and NEX, I'd say let the girls have their dolls.

Also, is it just me or do Brits WAY overuse the term 'brilliant'?


It's just you.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Nyla Skin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#387 - 2012-11-29 10:53:08 UTC
CCP Bayesian wrote:

  • WoD is definitely still in development and development is split off from EVE so that they can concentrate on their game and making it awesome.
  • [/list]


    I appreciate very much you saying this. ^^

    In after the lock :P   - CCP Falcon www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies

    Verlaine Glariant
    The Kudur Cult
    #388 - 2012-11-29 11:46:30 UTC
    20 pages and counting. Maybe we can have another threadnaught in the matter.

    www.amphysvena.org

    Jawas
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #389 - 2012-11-29 12:41:23 UTC
    Personally, I'd like to see CQ removed too. It was so much better when we had the old system, not so many resources to load every time you docked. I normally stick to the hangar anyway, it has all the links I want with none of the bells and whistles. Most of us just want to get in, switch ships or dump/pickup the cargo and get out again.
    Nick Rich
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #390 - 2012-11-29 12:42:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Nick Rich
    If someone thinks that WIS died and must be removed from the game, then let the nerd on the ships in his old hangar, and let not forget about spin

    Personaly Buck Futz, go to spinning, ok? Brutus King u to.

    Switching speed of space - dock, such as space - CQ

    Sorry for my english, but I do not use a translator, because I want to talk to you in the same language.

    Ghazu
    #391 - 2012-11-29 13:41:45 UTC
    Please v3 the hangers for the time being, wis can be put on hold a little while longer, as far as we know there is no gameplay anyways.

    http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

    Nick Bete
    Highsec Haulers Inc.
    #392 - 2012-11-29 16:27:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Nick Bete
    So have any of you business geniuses who keep telling CCP to forget WiS, Dust and WOD ever heard of the word "diversification"? You really expect CCP to continue to grow and make profits based on a single, 10 year old product that's stagnant in terms of subscribers? You expect CCP to ignore the current trends in gaming?

    Avatar gameplay could have breathed some much-needed life into this game, despite what you haters opine. There's absolutely no reason that avatars and spaceship models can't co-exist in Eve.

    You haters hold onto your narrow views and watch as this game continues its slow decline to irrelevance. You can only have so many new ships and fixing bugs doesn't bring in new subscribers.
    Arduemont
    The State of War.
    #393 - 2012-11-29 16:50:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
    Snow Axe wrote:

    What are you even saying? CCP Unifex is wrong? Remember, not only does he have the benefit of actually knowing what the production would entail (unlike any of us), he's making the decision with considerations we don't have to make, what with this being his job and all. They're the ones with money and livelihoods on the line, so to look their decision in the eye and say "NUH-UH YOU TOTALLY COULD" is as ridiculous as it gets.


    So, yesterday I couldn't think of a good way to refute this. I looked at it and instinctively felt like there was something wrong with it. As a strong supporter and (usually) non-whiner, it felt wrong to just come out and say, maybe they are wrong. Because your right, lets face it, they are the experts. I am not a game designer, I know little to nothing about how games are developed, why do I have any right to tell them how to do it?

    At work today, we had our quarterly meeting and someone was asking the director how he makes the decisions of how much funding each department gets for expansion. He said, "our customers decide how we invest our money within the company, if they want better data security more funding goes to the data protection guys. I just move the funding about to make it fit what I think our customers want".

    If CCP decided that

    CCP Unifex wrote:
    The result of that planning highlighted that right now, we do not have the time or people to build this without impacting what we can deliver for our players who are flying in space. To create this will mean a considerable investment which will take time to put together and also a new focus for us just at a time when we as a company have another new game coming into the EVE Universe (yes DUST 514, I’m looking at you).


    By "impacting what we can deliver" to FiS content, he means that he doesn't think the player base would want any WiS content over what could be achieved for FiS with those resources. He makes that decision based on what he thinks the player base wants. So, it really does come down to what the player base wants. And lets face it, no company can perfectly predict what their customers want. If CCP could do that, they would literally be the most influential and powerful games company on the planet. The only way this argument will ever really be finished, is in the event of an extensive poll, detailing how much they think it would affect FiS content and what we would be getting from WiS for that impact.

    You can't say we shouldn't ask for it, because his decisions and the popularity of the game are ultimately decided by what we as players, and potential players want or ask for. To tell the players not to ask for what they want, it to say that CCP should fail, because believe it or not, these forums are a source of market research.

    Arduemont wrote:
    I am not a game designer, I know little to nothing about how games are developed, why do I have any right to tell them how to do it?


    Because it's you who decides the future of CPP and Eve.

    "In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

    Nick Rich
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #394 - 2012-11-29 17:12:46 UTC
    I agree completely with Arduemont!

    Sorry for my english, but I do not use a translator, because I want to talk to you in the same language.

    Jame Jarl Retief
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #395 - 2012-11-29 18:02:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jame Jarl Retief
    Arduemont wrote:
    The only way this argument will ever really be finished, is in the event of an extensive poll, detailing how much they think it would affect FiS content and what we would be getting from WiS for that impact.


    True, but such a poll is impossible in EVE. Too many dummy accounts paid for with PLEX that would get a vote.

    In other words, a single guy with 10 dummy accounts doing FiS would "outvote" 9 real people with their 1 account per person. In other words, such a vote would literally be "pay 2 vote", you'd be able to buy as many votes as you like. And final result would be completely inaccurate.

    And before you say it, email address or IP address wouldn't be enough. Email addresses are too easy to create. And IP addresses are very often dynamic, my old internet provider had that, and I had a slightly different IP every other day, which I shared with a large pool of other people.
    KrakizBad
    Section 8.
    #396 - 2012-11-29 18:10:34 UTC
    Jame Jarl Retief wrote:
    Arduemont wrote:
    The only way this argument will ever really be finished, is in the event of an extensive poll, detailing how much they think it would affect FiS content and what we would be getting from WiS for that impact.


    True, but such a poll is impossible in EVE. Too many dummy accounts paid for with PLEX that would get a vote.

    In other words, a single guy with 10 dummy accounts doing FiS would "outvote" 9 real people with their 1 account per person. In other words, such a vote would literally be "pay 2 vote", you'd be able to buy as many votes as you like. And final result would be completely inaccurate.

    And before you say it, email address or IP address wouldn't be enough. Email addresses are too easy to create. And IP addresses are very often dynamic, my old internet provider had that, and I had a slightly different IP every other day, which I shared with a large pool of other people.

    So people paying for accounts shouldn't get a vote. Makes perfect sense.
    Borascus
    #397 - 2012-11-29 18:13:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Borascus
    Some Rando wrote:
    DeMichael Crimson wrote:
    due to the vocal minority

    Actually a very scary amount of unsubs.

    DMC
    Issler


    Big question: If the same heads always unsub / interact with accounts that unsub | Will those accounts then look like a risky investment to count on?


    What I mean is, if to block announced content the same people click cancel then erupt in a forum war, wouldn't the sensible business model adapt to those accounts being classed as redundant and excluded from projections? that way the trend of "threatened unsubs" becomes the written-off portion of the playerbase.

    Even if it rotates.
    Not Amused Responsible
    Royal Amarr Institute
    Amarr Empire
    #398 - 2012-11-29 18:19:12 UTC
    Nick Bete wrote:
    So have any of you business geniuses who keep telling CCP to forget WiS, Dust and WOD ever heard of the word "diversification"? You really expect CCP to continue to grow and make profits based on a single, 10 year old product that's stagnant in terms of subscribers? You expect CCP to ignore the current trends in gaming?

    Avatar gameplay could have breathed some much-needed life into this game, despite what you haters opine. There's absolutely no reason that avatars and spaceship models can't co-exist in Eve.

    You haters hold onto your narrow views and watch as this game continues its slow decline to irrelevance. You can only have so many new ships and fixing bugs doesn't bring in new subscribers.



    I have to agree with you and Wis would be a great addition to Eve, after finding this link for the pve side of Eve, CCP needs help and Wis could bring a great deal of content.

    Eve High sec
    Bane Necran
    Appono Astos
    #399 - 2012-11-29 18:22:12 UTC
    Nick Rich wrote:
    I agree completely with Arduemont!


    He's doing a great job.

    I don't have the energy for these threads like i used to. Sad

    Now i just duck in now and then to be snarky. WHAT HAVE I BECOME

    "In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

    Ghazu
    #400 - 2012-11-29 18:30:29 UTC
    Not Amused Responsible wrote:
    Nick Bete wrote:
    So have any of you business geniuses who keep telling CCP to forget WiS, Dust and WOD ever heard of the word "diversification"? You really expect CCP to continue to grow and make profits based on a single, 10 year old product that's stagnant in terms of subscribers? You expect CCP to ignore the current trends in gaming?

    Avatar gameplay could have breathed some much-needed life into this game, despite what you haters opine. There's absolutely no reason that avatars and spaceship models can't co-exist in Eve.

    You haters hold onto your narrow views and watch as this game continues its slow decline to irrelevance. You can only have so many new ships and fixing bugs doesn't bring in new subscribers.



    I have to agree with you and Wis would be a great addition to Eve, after finding this link for the pve side of Eve, CCP needs help and Wis could bring a great deal of content.

    Eve High sec

    Did you make that video? You should feel bad.

    http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984