These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Surviving the goons

First post
Author
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#181 - 2011-10-04 22:37:44 UTC
Trusty Jutspezic wrote:
I disagree that you can't heavily tank a mack. We blew up a pair of macks yesterday that were rolling around fit like this.

[Mackinaw, funicro's Mackinaw]
Co-Processor II
Damage Control II

Invulnerability Field II
Magnetic Scattering Amplifier II
Medium Subordinate Screen Stabilizer I
Supplemental Thermal Barrier Emitter

Ice Harvester II
Ice Harvester II

Medium Core Defence Field Extender I
Medium Core Defence Field Extender I

Gets you 20k EHP with all fives, only takes a %3 powergrid implant to fit.

Clearly the only way to defeat us is to fit officer/deadspace shield mods.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#182 - 2011-10-04 22:40:07 UTC
I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen battleship mining make a comeback.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#183 - 2011-10-04 22:41:49 UTC
battleships can't mine ice :smug:

~hi~

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#184 - 2011-10-04 22:46:03 UTC
Well that explains it. It's rough being a pubbie these days

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#185 - 2011-10-04 23:12:47 UTC
trip report:

brape has a shitload of these fearsome pubbie battleships, and a pair of very bold mining barges

one mining barge down, and someone managed to neut my pod. and jam it. the pod. things they didn't do: scram it, or shoot it.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#186 - 2011-10-04 23:16:31 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
trip report:

brape has a shitload of these fearsome pubbie battleships, and a pair of very bold mining barges

one mining barge down, and someone managed to neut my pod. and jam it. the pod. things they didn't do: scram it, or shoot it.

this is totally unfair i'm having to csm and write a ceo update to like, run the alliance

and you're off trying to catch up to me in atrocity

UGH

~hi~

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#187 - 2011-10-04 23:27:34 UTC
The woes of an internet spaceship CEO
Jovan Geldon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#188 - 2011-10-04 23:38:30 UTC
Oh god this thread

There's literally thousands of things to do in EVE; the world will not end if you have to stop mining ice in Gallente highsec for a while
Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#189 - 2011-10-04 23:39:31 UTC
first world problems itt

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#190 - 2011-10-04 23:43:34 UTC
But I enjoy making 5mil isk/hr ((
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#191 - 2011-10-04 23:47:22 UTC
ITT:

Goons trying to make themselves relevant and credible again.

How...adorable.

Ni.

Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#192 - 2011-10-04 23:51:47 UTC
Atrum Veneficus wrote:
[quote=Ptraci]
SUPER-TANK
Super-tanked hulks and mackinaws (and their pods) are eligible for double payout due to the coordination & teamwork required to take out those who resist. Resistance must be crushed. State SUPERTANK in your reimbursement request. Determination of "supertank" is made by the reimbursement team, but a good rule of thumb is tank rigs, Damage Control II and more than one person on the killmail.

Mackinaw 40mil
Hulk 80mil
Supertank pod 20mil

What, no supertank Orca bonus? I figure a max tank Orca is worth 10 max tanked hulks.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#193 - 2011-10-04 23:52:34 UTC
OH MAN I JUST LOVE HEARING THOSE ICE MINERS ACTIVATE AND GET FOUR MILLION ISK EVERY HOUR, GODDAMN. IF I KEEP THIS UP FOR FOUR FULL DAYS NOT ACCOUNTING FOR DOWNTIME I MIGHT HAVE ENOUGH ISK TO BUY A PLEX. **** YEAH.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#194 - 2011-10-04 23:53:26 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:
ITT:

Goons trying to make themselves relevant and credible again.

How...adorable.

Tell us all about the conquests of the notorious Crushed Ambitions corporation

Duncan Kennedy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#195 - 2011-10-04 23:54:17 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
Atrum Veneficus wrote:
[quote=Ptraci]
SUPER-TANK
Super-tanked hulks and mackinaws (and their pods) are eligible for double payout due to the coordination & teamwork required to take out those who resist. Resistance must be crushed. State SUPERTANK in your reimbursement request. Determination of "supertank" is made by the reimbursement team, but a good rule of thumb is tank rigs, Damage Control II and more than one person on the killmail.

Mackinaw 40mil
Hulk 80mil
Supertank pod 20mil

What, no supertank Orca bonus? I figure a max tank Orca is worth 10 max tanked hulks.

Presumably a supertank Orca would get double the Orca payout (so, what, like 460m? I can't be bothered to memorize these numbers, they are not the point, this thread right here is the point.)

Of course, then you have to fight with Atrum about what constitutes an Orca supertank.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#196 - 2011-10-04 23:55:30 UTC
I mean damn we took Fountain from IT Alliance, defended Deklein against a coalition of four superalliances and are currently taking Delve, but that pales in comparison to what Crushed Ambitions has done, a corporation too awesome to be in an alliance

Duncan Kennedy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#197 - 2011-10-05 00:06:57 UTC
Andski wrote:
I mean damn we took Fountain from IT Alliance, defended Deklein against a coalition of four superalliances and are currently taking Delve, but that pales in comparison to what Crushed Ambitions has done, a corporation too awesome to be in an alliance

You know what they've done?

They have crushed ambitions, man. They took your ambitions and just, boom, crushed them. Just like that. Your ambitions? Crushed. They put them into a car crusher and treated them like the shitbox Dodges they drive around ought to be.

Oh, wait, the name refers to THEIR corp ambitions, not other people's? Boy is my face red.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#198 - 2011-10-05 00:09:14 UTC
brape is dead i don't wanna move someone mine

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Woo Glin
State War Academy
Caldari State
#199 - 2011-10-05 00:48:13 UTC
Crushed Ambitions
Woo Glin
State War Academy
Caldari State
#200 - 2011-10-05 00:48:29 UTC
i have goosebumps