These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

pirate bs for vanguard sites...

Author
Cambarus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-10-04 17:25:28 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
The only objective measure of effectiveness is how many rat wrecks carry your corp tag, as opposed to someone else's. It's indication who did the most applied dps to it.

Wrong. Wreck ownership is determined by who gets the last shot, incursion payouts go to the fleet with the most applied damage. I know this since from experience I've been in sites where I've won with fewer wrecks/lost with more.
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2011-10-04 17:37:14 UTC
Cambarus wrote:
sabre906 wrote:
The only objective measure of effectiveness is how many rat wrecks carry your corp tag, as opposed to someone else's. It's indication who did the most applied dps to it.

Wrong. Wreck ownership is determined by who gets the last shot, incursion payouts go to the fleet with the most applied damage. I know this since from experience I've been in sites where I've won with fewer wrecks/lost with more.

Both wreck ownership and incursion site payout is determined by dmg dealt, rat regen included. We've tested it on esters in mining site when our ore dropper forgot to burn to refinery. It's definitely not by last shot.
Cambarus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-10-04 17:46:27 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
Cambarus wrote:
sabre906 wrote:

Both wreck ownership and incursion site payout is determined by dmg dealt, rat regen included. We've tested it on esters in mining site when our ore dropper forgot to burn to refinery. It's definitely not by last shot.
I've not only tested this myself but been in far too many competitions not to be able to say with absolute certainty that you're wrong. Were you right, it would be impossible for, say, someone with less than half the wrecks in an NCO with 2 fleets in it to get the payout, and yet I've seen this happen quite a few times. I actually assumed, the first few weeks incursions were out, that payouts were based on wreck ownership, so I would lock a bunch of things, and try to make sure I always got the last shot in, thereby getting the wreck (and I ALWAYS got the wreck when I was the last one to shoot, even if the rat was halfway through structure). It wasn't until I lost a few sites that I realized wreck colour and site payouts weren't actually tied together.
Maureen Biologist
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2011-10-04 18:15:37 UTC
ignoring the wreck ownership debate, can anyone give me a decent armour machariel fit?

and how (im)practical is it using ac's in terms of ammo usage/supply?

also... what ammo would you carry with you as a mach pilot? barrage and RF phased plasma? or is the RF stuff too expensive? just use t1 phased plasma?
Songbird
#25 - 2011-10-04 18:31:01 UTC
I'd guess your fit will consist of :

2 trimarks 1 kinetic rig

1 DC
2 navy EANM
1 explosive hardener
3 gyros

3 tracking computers
a sebo and a web in the mids

7 800mm AC's
1x energy transfer

you'll be using t1 ammo emp, phased plasma or fusion and you'll be spending 7 rounds every 3.25 seconds.

Might not be expensive but it's bulky :)

sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2011-10-04 18:55:40 UTC
[Machariel, New Setup 1]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

Shadow Serpentis Tracking Computer, Tracking Speed
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet Fusion L
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Projectile Burst Aerator I
Large Trimark Armor Pump I
Large Anti-Thermic Pump I

Hammerhead II x5

The fit I use. It's overtanked. This usually pulls permanent aggro over other boats in fleet, including ones with high paper dps such as Vindis. I don't use sebos, as locking time is close to cs/hac, which seemed good enough. Use RF ammo, sites more than pays for it.
Maureen Biologist
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-10-05 13:11:09 UTC
cheers for the fit.

how do you find the logistics of keeping a healthy supply of ammo in your current area? i kinda feel like im gonna have to invest in an orca pilot just to follow me around with ammo if i go the mach route.

with 3 tc it must do a decent job of hitting the smaller targets.
JackStraw56
Run Like an Antelope
#28 - 2011-10-05 13:39:20 UTC  |  Edited by: JackStraw56
The webs are the real key to hitting small targets. Any BSs for vanguards should have 2+ faction webs. The tracking computers help of course, but the key is getting the target moving slow enough for them to make a difference.

I like to cram 3 damage mods onto my incursion ships, this is the fit I use for a Mach:

[Machariel, Incursion Armor Vans]
Core A-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Core B-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Corpum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II

800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L
Auto Targeting System II

Large Anti-Thermic Pump I
Large Anti-EM Pump I
Large Projectile Ambit Extension II

When I have slaves in, I drop the plate for a tracking enhancer to beef up the falloff even more. Sebo is mainly for when I expect to be competing for sites. If I don't expect competition, I fit a 3rd tracking computer.
Previous page12