These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

zKillboard.com

First post
Author
NickyYo
StarHug
#101 - 2013-01-10 11:28:24 UTC
Karbowiak wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Karbowiak wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Hire me for a week (4hour days) for 10 billion isk and i will transform the front end design of your site into something more beautifull than my face.


really? ****.. YOU'RE HIRED!


Your loss bro.


I love how you make these grandiose statements and offers - yet, i see nothing of value that makes me, or anyone else for that matter - take you seriously

So yeah, there is that Nicky..


All you need to know is this, when it comes to the web, i'm a magician!

..

Karbowiak
The League Of Unwanted Capsuleers
#102 - 2013-01-10 12:44:38 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Karbowiak wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Karbowiak wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Hire me for a week (4hour days) for 10 billion isk and i will transform the front end design of your site into something more beautifull than my face.


really? ****.. YOU'RE HIRED!


Your loss bro.


I love how you make these grandiose statements and offers - yet, i see nothing of value that makes me, or anyone else for that matter - take you seriously

So yeah, there is that Nicky..


All you need to know is this, when it comes to the web, i'm a magician!


You're not really helping your credibility there bud..
NickyYo
StarHug
#103 - 2013-01-10 13:30:31 UTC
This is eve m8. Joking a side, good luck with the site.

..

Peter Powers
Terrorists of Dimensions
#104 - 2013-01-10 14:03:59 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
All you need to know is this, when it comes to the web, i'm a magician!

a claim you haven't proven yet

3rdPartyEve.net - your catalogue for 3rd party applications

Gungnir Winder
Galactic Deep Space Industries
Warped Intentions
#105 - 2013-01-10 14:50:51 UTC
Love zKB so far, much more cool than eve-kill imho.
One thing you could add is a "Low-Sec" kills tab!

My Youtube channelĀ  Gungnir Winder

NickyYo
StarHug
#106 - 2013-01-10 15:20:47 UTC
I'm tempted to develop an awesome site built of the zkillboard api, what is the maximum amount of calls per an hour?
Or is there none?

..

Squizz Caphinator
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#107 - 2013-01-10 17:33:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Squizz Caphinator
Recent ranks will now display on all overview pages. These work the same as alltime ranks except only cover the last 90 days.

Gungnir Winder wrote:
Love zKB so far, much more cool than eve-kill imho.
One thing you could add is a "Low-Sec" kills tab!


Not really an easy thing to do without joining a couple of tables together. Joining tables is a design aspect that we are trying to avoid in designing the site unless A) the data set is small, or B) we absolutely have to. The alternative is to add the security level to the kills table itself which is both redundant and a waste of space when millions of rows are involved.

NickyYo wrote:
I'm tempted to develop an awesome site built of the zkillboard api, what is the maximum amount of calls per an hour?
Or is there none?


Go for it, if you do something the API doesn't like it'll let you know.

Various projects I enjoy putting my free time into:

https://zkillboard.com | https://evewho.com

NickyYo
StarHug
#108 - 2013-01-10 23:45:59 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
Cheers Squizz,

Could you add a search feature to search for kills that contain multiple character search terms? for example search for kills that only contain NickyYo and chucknorris as the killers?

Also found a bug, your killboard doesn't support the old killboard formats for displaying fits.
example here: http://zkillboard.com/detail/16840414/

Also if you change the URL so its like this you will get a BIGGER SEO hit.

http://zkillboard.com/detail/NickyYo/

AND

http://zkillboard.com/kill/NickyYo-kill_ID_here/

..

Squizz Caphinator
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#109 - 2013-01-11 02:31:12 UTC
That's not a bug, it's a feature. Anyhow we know about it.

The URLs aren't going to change. We're designing a killboard not something for max SEO hits.

Various projects I enjoy putting my free time into:

https://zkillboard.com | https://evewho.com

Squizz Caphinator
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#110 - 2013-01-22 05:14:06 UTC
Just an update on some recent changes:


  • "Teams" on the related pages got smarter.
  • Some minor layout tweaks. More coming.
  • Admin tools received some loving.
  • Various bits and pieces I can't remember atm

Various projects I enjoy putting my free time into:

https://zkillboard.com | https://evewho.com

NickyYo
StarHug
#111 - 2013-01-22 11:07:35 UTC  |  Edited by: NickyYo
Squizz Caphinator wrote:
Just an update on some recent changes:


  • "Teams" on the related pages got smarter.
  • Some minor layout tweaks. More coming.
  • Admin tools received some loving.
  • Various bits and pieces I can't remember atm


Remove the links to the ship type and the character name, no one is going to click them they are just in the way.
Make the link to the killmail a block. As on the main page i tend to click the ship name thinking its going to go to the mail but it goes to the ship type..

..

Motilda42
Perkone
Caldari State
#112 - 2013-01-22 15:26:11 UTC
You can sent me your script to [email protected] ?
I create KB for www.eve-ua.com
Karbowiak
The League Of Unwanted Capsuleers
#113 - 2013-01-22 16:57:06 UTC
Motilda42 wrote:
You can sent me your script to [email protected] ?
I create KB for www.eve-ua.com


Uh, yeah..

We will open source the killboard eventually, and also make it so it can be translated into various languages.
But you might have to read the license we attach to it.

It will probably make some people mad Shocked
Squizz Caphinator
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#114 - 2013-01-22 17:00:52 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Remove the links to the ship type and the character name, no one is going to click them they are just in the way.
Make the link to the killmail a block. As on the main page i tend to click the ship name thinking its going to go to the mail but it goes to the ship type..


I'm assuming you're talking about the ship type link on the front page? That ship type link does go to the killmail and it has been that way for a couple of weeks. Also, "no one" is only you, stop trying to speak for the public.

Various projects I enjoy putting my free time into:

https://zkillboard.com | https://evewho.com

NickyYo
StarHug
#115 - 2013-01-22 18:38:48 UTC
Karbowiak wrote:
Motilda42 wrote:
You can sent me your script to [email protected] ?
I create KB for www.eve-ua.com


Uh, yeah..

We will open source the killboard eventually, and also make it so it can be translated into various languages.
But you might have to read the license we attach to it.

It will probably make some people mad Shocked

Will the license say we must have your ads on it? Big smile

..

Karbowiak
The League Of Unwanted Capsuleers
#116 - 2013-01-22 18:57:45 UTC
NickyYo wrote:
Karbowiak wrote:
Motilda42 wrote:
You can sent me your script to [email protected] ?
I create KB for www.eve-ua.com


Uh, yeah..

We will open source the killboard eventually, and also make it so it can be translated into various languages.
But you might have to read the license we attach to it.

It will probably make some people mad Shocked

Will the license say we must have your ads on it? Big smile


Well, seeing as the license will be custom, and wont allow anyone to monetize it in any way, then no.. no ads 4u! Cool
aSacHorYu
Ministry of War
#117 - 2013-01-23 13:35:20 UTC
Karbowiak wrote:
NickyYo wrote:
Karbowiak wrote:
Motilda42 wrote:
You can sent me your script to [email protected] ?
I create KB for www.eve-ua.com


Uh, yeah..

We will open source the killboard eventually, and also make it so it can be translated into various languages.
But you might have to read the license we attach to it.

It will probably make some people mad Shocked

Will the license say we must have your ads on it? Big smile


Well, seeing as the license will be custom, and wont allow anyone to monetize it in any way, then no.. no ads 4u! Cool



Well do it :D , atleast so that we can install it and help you test the killboard.
Squizz Caphinator
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#118 - 2013-01-25 22:12:28 UTC
A quick update:

A couple of bugs fixed, including team lists on the Related page possibly linking to the wrong killmail in some rare cases.

zKillboard is now the home for everything KillLog API related. Eve-Kill now redirects all API key submissions to zKB.

WARNING!!!!

Karbowiak stated he's going to work on the templates this weekend to make them more tablet friendly. He will a) (95% chance) do a decent job but break something significant and leave it for me to fix, or b) (4% chance) Do a kickass job! or c) (1% chance) rage hardcore about bootstrap and give up on the whole idea.

You've been warned Big smile

Various projects I enjoy putting my free time into:

https://zkillboard.com | https://evewho.com

Karbowiak
The League Of Unwanted Capsuleers
#119 - 2013-01-26 21:42:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Karbowiak
Squizz Caphinator wrote:
A quick update:

A couple of bugs fixed, including team lists on the Related page possibly linking to the wrong killmail in some rare cases.

zKillboard is now the home for everything KillLog API related. Eve-Kill now redirects all API key submissions to zKB.

WARNING!!!!

Karbowiak stated he's going to work on the templates this weekend to make them more tablet friendly. He will a) (95% chance) do a decent job but break something significant and leave it for me to fix, or b) (4% chance) Do a kickass job! or c) (1% chance) rage hardcore about bootstrap and give up on the whole idea.

You've been warned Big smile


wah wah wah..

So far i've gotten the detail page looking good on phone, tablet and desktop.
Sadly, my effort on making the entire thing smaller as a whole have failed, but whatever - it looks great regardless :)

Now onto all the other pages /o\

edit://
That should be it, life for tablet and phone users will be much better with zKB than it has ever been with EVE-KILL.

Some information are removed from phone and tablet (portrait) mode, but if you go into landscape with an iPad, it's the same experience as on the desktop.
Anywho, enjoy it! - i'll be making some tweaks to it every now and then, as i find issues with the layout on a certain device.

And feel free to suggest changes, and report errors! ;)
Karbowiak
The League Of Unwanted Capsuleers
#120 - 2013-01-29 23:14:50 UTC
So, a tiny update to the progress of zKB.

We are pretty much almost nearly done with the manual mail parser Cool

I wrote it, then Squizz rewrote it, and now we're just squashing any bugs we can find with it.
Once we're happy it's complete, we'll start moving mails over from EVE-KILL.

Then the real fun begins. Lol