These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Miner bumpers and suicide gankers...

First post
Author
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#81 - 2012-11-16 19:26:36 UTC
Jeremy Soikutsu wrote:
Sun Tzu boss. And he was a war strategist not a petty thug, so I don't see what he would be upset about. To be clear though, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a low-grade thug, in Eve anyway, but call a spade a spade and all that.

Bumpers are not thugs. Thuggery involves violence or the perceived threat of violence.

They are social servants and deserve our gratitude.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#82 - 2012-11-16 19:27:25 UTC
Shederov Blood wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
What has EVE come to when we are outsourcing our griefing to other players?
What is EVE coming to when even the Devs are throwing around the word "griefing" when referring to legitimate gameplay?


Seems accurate to me. Think he nailed it for what it is.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#83 - 2012-11-16 19:29:18 UTC
HollyShocker 2inthestink wrote:
Shederov Blood wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
What has EVE come to when we are outsourcing our griefing to other players?
What is EVE coming to when even the Devs are throwing around the word "griefing" when referring to legitimate gameplay?


Seems accurate to me. Think he nailed it for what it is.


Yep:

CCP Eterne wrote:
It's not a petitionable action.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#84 - 2012-11-16 19:31:07 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
What has EVE come to when we are outsourcing our griefing to other players?


Funny that you use the term greifing ....


Tal



Firmly informally. It's not a petitionable action.

You should be much more careful, or post such informal stuff with a non-CCP alt.

Starting rumors is not allowed on this forum.

I all but guarantee you'll be quoted now as calling bumping "griefing."

Thanks a lot.

sounds like to me your getting some insight to private convo going on in ccp on the topic.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#85 - 2012-11-16 19:32:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
HollyShocker 2inthestink wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
What has EVE come to when we are outsourcing our griefing to other players?


Funny that you use the term greifing ....


Tal



Firmly informally. It's not a petitionable action.

You should be much more careful, or post such informal stuff with a non-CCP alt.

Starting rumors is not allowed on this forum.

I all but guarantee you'll be quoted now as calling bumping "griefing."

Thanks a lot.

sounds like to me your getting some insight to private convo going on in ccp on the topic.

Sounds to me like you're pretty mad that he said it's not a petitionable action. Cool

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#86 - 2012-11-16 19:39:40 UTC
LOL is that what your crystal ball tells you? I would like to know how to aquire this skill you have of reading tone from text. Would be most handy to have indeed.

Yes he did say it was not bannable yet, just as they said afk minning also in not banable. I like the fact that he called it for for exactly what it is regardless of the rules.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#87 - 2012-11-16 19:40:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
HollyShocker 2inthestink wrote:
LOL is that what your crystal ball tells you? I would like to know how to aquire this skill you have of reading tone from text. Would be most handy to have indeed.

Yes he did say it was not bannable yet, just as they said afk minning also in not banable. I like the fact that he called it for for exactly what it is regardless of the rules.

I like how you put an imaginary "YET" into the quote, myself.

Looks like you've got a crystal ball, too...What?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#88 - 2012-11-16 20:01:27 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
HollyShocker 2inthestink wrote:
LOL is that what your crystal ball tells you? I would like to know how to aquire this skill you have of reading tone from text. Would be most handy to have indeed.

Yes he did say it was not bannable yet, just as they said afk minning also in not banable. I like the fact that he called it for for exactly what it is regardless of the rules.

I like how you put an imaginary "YET" into the quote, myself.

Looks like you've got a crystal ball, too...What?

From the depths of his feverish imagination.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#89 - 2012-11-16 21:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Falcon
Removed personal attack - CCP Falcon
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#90 - 2012-11-16 21:46:24 UTC
Just FYI I mine in null. The only bumping that happens there is from alliance mates.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#91 - 2012-11-16 21:48:06 UTC
HollyShocker 2inthestink wrote:
Just FYI I mine in null. The only bumping that happens there is from alliance mates.

This makes you the foremost mature and wise expert then on ganking / bumping high-sec miners.

Thanks for the heads-up.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

CCP Falcon
#92 - 2012-11-16 21:50:25 UTC
Locking this as a duplicate thread.

We don't need a hundred threads all about bumping. If you want to talk about it, stick to one thread, here.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3