These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Making missions more challenging and reducing the isk faucet

First post
Author
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#81 - 2012-11-12 00:59:25 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
In any case nullsec doesn't need a cut in bounties. That would do little to help the EVE economy compared to the amount of harm it would do.

and

Tippia wrote:

Zoe Issier wrote:
all the carriers running noms in 0.0 av nothing to do with it am i right?
There's too few of them.

CCP Soundwave implied it is a real problem ( supers in anoms ) from what he said in the CSM minutes...
But w/o CCP Diagoras or any tweeting replacement for him we arein the dark about howbig an ISKfaucet itis
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#82 - 2012-11-12 01:01:19 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Quote:
all the carriers running noms in 0.0 av nothing to do with it am i right?
There's too few of them.

CCP Soundwave implied it is a real problem from what he said in the CSM minutes...
But w/o CCP Diagoras or any tweeting replacement for him we arein the dark about howbig an ISKfaucet itis

How did you manage to quote that?
fukier
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2012-11-12 01:03:20 UTC  |  Edited by: fukier
Tippia wrote:
fukier wrote:
but i have personal irks about the LP store... i just hate stuff coming from nothing in EVE (salvaging a wrek and finding mods is one thing)... if you ask me everything in the LP store should be BPC only...
Doesn't pretty much every last piece of equipment also require its T1 counterpart as part of the bargain (obviously barring the ones that have none, such as implants and chips and charters)?

None of those come from nothing: they are value-add processes of existing goods. The BPCs just let you get by using other materials and a production slot instead of throwing more tags at the item.

You are correct most/ if not all the items you get from LP store have to have their t1 version to get them but it skips the manufacturing process...

The the consumption of the TI item should happen in the manufacturing process and not a button on the LP store.

IMO all items that are not found in wrecks should be player manufactured... and that includes nex store items.
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
Zoe Issier
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2012-11-12 01:11:26 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Zoe Issier wrote:
Why should i wast my time searching
Because you asked for it. Just because you can't be arsed to look up the reference doesn't mean the numbers don't exist.

Oh, and they're not random, and they are pulled from the game. If that happens to displease you, you can always go and perform your own study. As it is, 150bn ISK/day (rewards + bonuses) × 3–4 → 450–600bn ISK/day in bounties compared to the 900bn total.

Were did you get the x 3-4 number?

All iv seen is some dude 75 missions 33hours 1.5b
a old feb post from ccp rewards 74b bonuses 71b and incursions 301b no mention of 0.0 rat isk and out of date

so how did you get 450b-600b day unless you mean missions AND incursion income but still no mention of 0.0
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#85 - 2012-11-12 01:14:16 UTC
Zoe Issier wrote:

so how did you get 450b-600b day unless you mean missions AND incursion income but still no mention of 0.0

baltec1 wrote:

Dr Eyjolfur Gudmundsson's work.

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#86 - 2012-11-12 01:31:36 UTC
Sisohiv wrote:
It will not happen but I would like to see them add Corelli tags, remove all bounties and give bounties from tags.
All mission rats named corelli or corpelli drop corelli or corpelli bounty tags. Belt rats drop standard Serpentis, Sansha etc. Each has a value. The reason I know this won't get done is because most tags are not a productive part of the EVE game and most are in the game from 9 years ago. The millions of tags in the game would mean hyper inflation if only in the short term but it would have devastating effects.
Further to that, I'd also like to see security increases for killing the rats removed. Then you'd have the option to trade the tags to CONCORD for either ISK or sec status.
That way you'd have the option of selling the tags to other players, and get more ISK than you would from bounties, without injecting any into the economy.
Some might complain that pirates would just be able to buy their sec status back, but others might see it as poetic justice that they'd have to pay the missioners and ratters to get it.
... but as you say, the millions of tags already laying about kills that idea.

Who put the goat in there?

Zoe Issier
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2012-11-12 01:31:36 UTC
Zoe Issier wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Zoe Issier wrote:
Why should i wast my time searching
Because you asked for it. Just because you can't be arsed to look up the reference doesn't mean the numbers don't exist.

Oh, and they're not random, and they are pulled from the game. If that happens to displease you, you can always go and perform your own study. As it is, 150bn ISK/day (rewards + bonuses) × 3–4 → 450–600bn ISK/day in bounties compared to the 900bn total.

I thought your numbers were bull as you offerd no proff

and now i defo think your number are bs

can you awnser the below?

All iv seen is some dude 75 missions 33hours 1.5b
a old feb post from ccp rewards 74b bonuses 71b and incursions 301b no mention of 0.0 rat isk and out of date

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#88 - 2012-11-12 01:36:11 UTC
Zoe Issier wrote:
Why is that, since you have already proven that you have nothing to dispute them with?

Quote:
Read the threads. Look at the numbers. Now see if you can understand the numbers as well.

Quote:
900bn ISK/day in bounties paid out — known.
1:3–1:4 ratio between rewards and bounties — empirically tested.
150bn ISK/day in rewards — known.

Thus: 450–600bn ISK/day in mission-specific bounties.

While on your reading spree, you should probably read up on the reward structure in incursions as well. Roll
Zoe Issier
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2012-11-12 01:46:33 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Zoe Issier wrote:
Why is that, since you have already proven that you have nothing to dispute them with?

Quote:
Read the threads. Look at the numbers. Now see if you can understand the numbers as well.

Quote:

While on your reading spree, you should probably read up on the reward structure in incursions as well. Roll

Ooo evasive awnsers ay?

Feb ccp tweet 150ishb missions 301b incusrions so 450b big jump to 600b

were is the 900b isk day fact? any link to official sorce?

Why so evaseive were u get the x3-4 its ok you can tell us is it a random number?
Zoe Issier
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2012-11-12 01:55:07 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Zoe Issier wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The lp in incursions is isk sink only the bounty atbend of site is isk foucet so why read up reward structure of incusions?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#91 - 2012-11-12 01:56:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Zoe Issier wrote:
Ooo evasive awnsers ay?
No. Just direct ones.

Quote:
So in other words, you have not read a single word; you are completely unfamiliar with concepts such as “mission rewards”, “bounties”, “incursions”, and ”multiplication”; you do not understand how ratios work, how they can be used, or how to calculate them.

Quote:
were is the 900b isk day fact?
Already answered: same place as all official facts.

Quote:
were u get the x3-4
Already answered. In fact, you have already read missed it and not understood a word of it. I am not qualified to teach on such a low educational level so I can only refer you to your primary-school teacher.

Quote:
why read up reward structure of incusions?
Because you think they are in any way relevant to the question of bounties.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#92 - 2012-11-12 01:58:25 UTC
Zoe Issier wrote:

Why so evaseive were u get the x3-4 its ok you can tell us is it a random number?

baltec1 wrote:

Dr Eyjolfur Gudmundsson's work.
Zoe Issier
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2012-11-12 02:09:13 UTC

Quote:
So in other words, you have not read a single word; you are completely unfamiliar with concepts such as “mission rewards”, “bounties”, “incursions”, and ”multiplication”; you do not understand how ratios work, how they can be used, or how to calculate them.

Quote:
were is the 900b isk day fact?
Already answered: same place as all official facts.

Quote:
were u get the x3-4
Already answered. In fact, you have already read missed it and not understood a word of it. I am not qualified to teach on such alow educational level so I can only refer you to your primary-school teacher.

Quote:
why read up reward structure of incusions?
Because you think they are in any way relevant to the question of bounties.[/quote]

I read mission rewards 74b mission bonuses 71b incusions 301b so what ratio we talking? Thats 450ishb day weres the multyplycation come into it you mean the x3-4 you typed if so link of sorce if not explain the multyplycation when ccp tweet already state facts about isk in a day in feb no mention of 600b 900b or any multyplycation

and what yiu on about incusions you asked me to read up tje reward structure thought this was mission faucet thread?

Becouse you type somthing and say fact or know doesnt make it so please provide sorce of said fact

like i said me personaly i couldnt care less all i do in eve is kill sh1t this seemed intresting as i wad browseing but i dnt take facts just becouse someone says fact need relyable sorce
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2012-11-12 02:21:33 UTC
I've cleaned some personal attack and troll posts from this thread. Please remember that such things are a breach of the forum rules and can lead to warnings and eventually a ban.

Forum Rules wrote:

6. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another. Text of this nature is not beneficial to the community spirit and will not be tolerated. Corporation, faction and alliance members and other players are cautioned to avoid allowing “in character” disputes from becoming "out of character" personal attacks. The game is designed for role-playing and/or portraying a role and it is sometimes easy for tempers to flare when the lines between the virtual world and the real world are crossed. Please keep in-game disputes in the game and off the forum unless it is clearly a mutual, in-character exchange.

7. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the players. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not contribute to the sense of community we want for our forums.

Please stay on topic and respectful of other forum users, thank you - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Ai Shun
#95 - 2012-11-12 02:22:21 UTC
Zoe Issier wrote:
I read mission rewards 74b mission bonuses 71b incusions 301b so what ratio we talking? Thats 450ishb day weres the multyplycation come into it you mean the x3-4 you typed if so link of sorce if not explain the multyplycation when ccp tweet already state facts about isk in a day in feb no mention of 600b 900b or any multyplycation

and what yiu on about incusions you asked me to read up tje reward structure thought this was mission faucet thread?

Becouse you type somthing and say fact or know doesnt make it so please provide sorce of said fact

like i said me personaly i couldnt care less all i do in eve is kill **** this seemed intresting as i wad browseing but i dnt take facts just becouse someone says fact need relyable sorce

Can I recommend that you take a step back?
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#96 - 2012-11-12 02:39:34 UTC
For many players missions are the only familiar activity and source of income in the game. Hi-sec missions won't make anyone space rich and the only reason they pour substantial amount of ISK into EVE economy is their popularity. Nerf missions and monoclegeddon will be dwarfed by new players exodus.

So I guess "nerf missions" themes will be ignored by CCP developers who don't want to lose their jobs due to possible financial troubles in case of shrinking player base.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#97 - 2012-11-12 04:26:01 UTC
Some people need to do two things.

A: Read Dev Blogs, where CCP have stated their intent to do basically what the Op asks for over a long period of time, starting with the introduction of the 'new' (I.e. Incursion) AI onto 'all' (Except the totally OP Plex towers/fortresses that currently exist) NPC's. And proceed to make them behave smarter.

And...
B: learn standards of citation, that require the person quoting the figures to provide the direct link to the reference they are using. Telling someone 'Go search the library/internet/university for this persons work' is not a correct citation, and would get you laughed at in any academic circle. You all like to claim Eve isn't for idiots, prove it by following more correct academic procedure, because the 'citations' I've seen in this thread are worthy of WoW.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2012-11-12 04:37:00 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Huh? The 10% across the board cut in bounties proposed by CCP Soundwave in his Ten Ton Hammer interview has yet to be implemented anywhere except on incursion Vanguards

I could have swore there was an overall bounty reduction in there somewhere, individual rat bounties look much different than when I started playing (pre-Incarna). But you appear to be right, I can't find any record in the patch notes. vOv

CCP has no sense of humour.

Kara Vix
Perkone
Caldari State
#99 - 2012-11-12 05:31:16 UTC
Just another day in Eve, lets nerf the activity the other guy does, lets nerf the ships the other guy flies until you are left wondering where the other guy went. I don't know why I read this forum, like a moth to a flame I guess, because I cannot remember reading anything else in my adult life I have hated more than this thing.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2012-11-12 05:36:03 UTC
Kara Vix wrote:
I don't know why I read this forum

If you can't figure that out you should probably just abstain from posting.

CCP has no sense of humour.