These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Making missions more challenging and reducing the isk faucet

First post
Author
Zoe Issier
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2012-11-11 23:48:22 UTC
Serena Serene wrote:
Zoe Issier wrote:
Why should i

i didnt make the claim why should i search to validate someone els argument

But hey i ear random typed numbrrs are all the rage when validating a debate

Because you said you thought the discussion is interesting.
If you are interested in something, I'd expect you to put that little small effort in to inform yourself when others already point you to information sources.
You don't want to? I guess you are just a troll, trying to get some attention.. which sadly I am even providing *sighs*

You could of course search out the information you were shown the way to and then explain the reasons it is not valid, if you find something to complain.
But that'd require you to have a point, to think, and to do something, so I guess that won't happen.

Edit: ... too heavy usage of the word "point". Changed that a bit xD

Now what would be the point of me searching id like to the data he/she was spewing as fact
not some random dudes interpatation of numbers slaped together but rather a link to a official up to date study afta all there are a number of studys right?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#62 - 2012-11-11 23:50:52 UTC
Zoe Issier wrote:

Ppl care about global warming wow i dnt tbh

Neither did New Yorkers.
Quote:

bck on topic what data you want from me i didnt make any claims of punch random numbers just asked for a link to you meny number of studys

And you got told where to find them.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#63 - 2012-11-11 23:50:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Zoe Issier wrote:
Now what would be the point of me searching
Because you asked for it.

Quote:
not some random dudes interpatation of numbers slaped together
As luck would have it, it's neither of those. Had you actually been interested in the topic, you would know this by now.

So do you have any data to dispute what we know from empirical research and published statistics? Last chance — further evasions will be interpreted as a “no”.
Silk daShocka
Greasy Hair Club
#64 - 2012-11-11 23:53:59 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Zoe Issier wrote:
Why should i wast my time searching
Because you asked for it. Just because you can't be arsed to look up the reference doesn't mean the numbers don't exist.

Oh, and they're not random, and they are pulled from the game. If that happens to displease you, you can always go and perform your own study. As it is, 150bn ISK/day (rewards + bonuses) × 3–4 → 450–600bn ISK/day in bounties compared to the 900bn total.

I'm curious, not arguing the figure, but would like to know how you obtain the amount of mission rewards that are collected in eve daily.

Also Kefira is spelt Kerfira, was a little tricky to search with his name spelled wrong.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#65 - 2012-11-11 23:55:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Silk daShocka wrote:
I'm curious, not arguing the figure, but would like to know how you obtain the amount of mission rewards that are collected in eve daily.
From the stats CCP so kindly provided during the spring.
e: Like this one.

Quote:
Also Kefira is spelt Kerfira, was a little tricky to search with his name spelled wrong.
Ha! Of all the mistakes to make. Google knew who I was talking about so I didn't even notice. Lol
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#66 - 2012-11-11 23:58:02 UTC
Sisohiv wrote:
Shederov Blood wrote:
Fed Navy magstabs.
Caldari Navy Invuls.
Imperial Navy EANMs.
Republic Fleet warp disruptors.
... and many more. Roll

Show me the thousands of Kill Mails with all these faction fits.
Or is EVE not all about the PvP today? Are we on the tails side of the flip flop coin?

Even if someone is buying 2 Navy Invulns, they are going on his L4 mission ship and won't be replaced for 2 years.
But yes, lets build the econ around over night billionaires that never risk their pimp fits because every now and then a goon will rush to the forums with a one off kill mail worth 40 billion because some guy logged in to EVE after a long day and got sloppy. That's the successful EVE we can look forward to.

You talk out of both sides of your mouth way to often.
Hey, I was merely pointing out some popular items that you get by spending tags at the LP store, which apparently no one does. Whether or not they die by the 1000's doesn't change the fact that they are very easy to sell.

Whatever do you mean by flip-flopping, that was the first time I've posted in this thread. Sad

Who put the goat in there?

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#67 - 2012-11-12 00:05:43 UTC
Amateratsu wrote:

compensate by increasing LP payout and add lots more shinnies to the LP Stores, That way the isk comes from trading those shinnies with other players instead of an isk faucet.

After the FW LP bonanza this is empty compensation: LP market is shot to hell& won't recover for a year and now you think heaping LP on top of it will help? Unless there are ALOT of new LP items the pilots can't compete with the ISK reductions that were a part of the FW Monty Haul compaigns Ugh
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#68 - 2012-11-12 00:07:29 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:

After the FW LP bonanza this is empty compensation: LP market is shot to hell& won't recover for a year and now you think heaping LP on top of it will help? Unless there are ALOT of new LP items the pilots can't compete with the ISK reductions that were a part of the FW Monty Haul compaigns Ugh

Made for some interesting Freighter killsStraight
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#69 - 2012-11-12 00:09:17 UTC
Zoe Issier wrote:
I think your loseing it here m8 what data and random numbers av i typed ?
None, which is why I'm asking you to provide some to support your claim that what we have is “random” and “BS”.

Since you answered with another evasion, the only remaining conclusion possible is that you have none. Thus, what we know remains undisputed: at least half the bounty income, and possibly a much larger portion than that, comes from missions.
fukier
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2012-11-12 00:12:04 UTC  |  Edited by: fukier
personally i am all for making missions harder and dynamic...

but i have personal irks about the LP store... i just hate stuff coming from nothing in EVE (salvaging a wrek and finding mods is one thing)... if you ask me everything in the LP store should be BPC only...

though i would hold up on any changes untill early spring as there are going to be lots of butt hurt PVE players about the new AI changes... let the dust settle from that first before any more drastic changes...

hell i would not mind adding dust gear for LP in the store and me getting my isk from selling gear to dust players... as that would be a great isk faucet to supplement a reduction in mission direct payouts...

edit what i would do is reduce direct payouts from NPC bounties... and then increase direct isk payouts for completing missions... but also make the time reward harder to do solo... so you would have to team up to get the time based reward but most of the isk and LP payout would be from the time based reward and not just completing the mission and killing the NPCs...
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
DarthNefarius
#71 - 2012-11-12 00:16:13 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Tippia wrote:
Silk daShocka wrote:
From the stats CCP so kindly provided during the spring.
e: Like this one.

That was some good info Tippia but it is HORRIBLY OUTDATED
Since then we've had the Incursion nerf, the Drone alloy NERF, & the summer of FW LP bonanza.
There's probably a nefarius reason we havn't seen an economic DEV blog in what 6 months now?
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#72 - 2012-11-12 00:19:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
fukier wrote:
but i have personal irks about the LP store... i just hate stuff coming from nothing in EVE (salvaging a wrek and finding mods is one thing)... if you ask me everything in the LP store should be BPC only...
Doesn't pretty much every last piece of equipment also require its T1 counterpart as part of the bargain (obviously barring the ones that have none, such as implants and chips and charters)?

None of those come from nothing: they are value-add processes of existing goods. The BPCs just let you get by using other materials and a production slot instead of throwing more tags at the item.

DarthNefarius wrote:
Since then we've had the Incursion nerf, the Drone alloy NERF, & the summer of FW LP bonanza.
There's probably a nefarius reason we havn't seen an economic DEV blog in what 6 months now?
Sure, but on the other hand, we have similar numbers from two years earlier which show that missions are a pretty constant factor. Even when faced with competition from pre-nerf incursions and vastly changed anomalies, they changed very little on the overall scale of things compared to where they were before either of those existed. There's simply too many people doing them compared to most other high-paying activities for those others to make much of a dent. It may be old, but given the consistency of mission-running over the years, that is not the same as outdated.

If anything, the incursion nerf would mean that even more people are running missions now, and I sincerely doubt that a sufficient number of highsec L4-grinders suddenly decided to go into lowsec and do FW to make the numbers go down.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-11-12 00:21:44 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:

Only the Incursion nerf dealt with an ISK faucet, so you're just sounding crazy now. Like always, I guess...

CCP has no sense of humour.

DarthNefarius
#74 - 2012-11-12 00:22:40 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:

Made for some interesting Freighter killsStraight

Lol got to agree with you there... watching 52 billion worthof implants goig poof was mindboggling but just as mind boggling was the rise in the price of PLEX do to sales of LP items Shocked
DarthNefarius
#75 - 2012-11-12 00:27:09 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:

Only the Incursion nerf dealt with an ISK faucet, so you're just sounding crazy now. Like always, I guess...

Incorrect: the drone nerf actually increased theISK faucet in the form of bounties ... by how much? Only Dr E knows & he aint talking
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#76 - 2012-11-12 00:27:44 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:

Lol got to agree with you there... watching 52 billion worthof implants goig poof was mindboggling but just as mind boggling was the rise in the price of PLEX do to sales of LP items Shocked

PLEX were hit with a perfect storm of too much isk, the new tournerment and suddenly mining bots everywhere.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2012-11-12 00:31:07 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Incorrect: the drone nerf actually increased theISK faucet in the form of bounties ... by how much? Only Dr E knows & he aint talking

Well, that got offset by the Incursion nerf, plus an across-the-board cut in bounties kind of evened things out.

CCP has no sense of humour.

DarthNefarius
#78 - 2012-11-12 00:40:46 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Some Rando wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:

Well, that got offset by the Incursion nerf, plus an across-the-board cut in bounties kind of evened things out.

Huh? The 10% across the board cut in bounties proposed by CCP Soundwave in his Ten Ton Hammer interview has yet to be implemented anywhere except on incursion Vanguards
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2012-11-12 00:42:08 UTC
In any case nullsec doesn't need a cut in bounties. That would do little to help the EVE economy compared to the amount of harm it would do.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#80 - 2012-11-12 00:55:31 UTC
I would prefer to see more gates, further apart, to encourage groups of cruisers to run missions rather than solo battleships. But then I have Incursions which keeps me quite entertained when I am looking for group activities.

Reducing the number of rooms and reducing the cost of LP store items will not reduce the ISK faucet.