These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

☣ Client Manipulation: Master Client Settings - Global Between Alts ☣

Author
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#41 - 2012-12-18 16:59:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Az Tek
UPDATE:

Issue Resolved.

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#42 - 2012-12-19 01:22:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Az Tek
UPDATE:

Issues Resolved.

Thadieous Rorck
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-12-19 08:36:04 UTC
OP! Thanks youuuuuuu!!! Tired of re creating settings on my guys and then losing them allover again. Mucho thanks again!
Julius Priscus
#44 - 2012-12-19 10:59:48 UTC
if you did a pre made xml for download especially the eve uni overview4 I would happily flick a 100m isk at ya as a way of saying thanks.

cheers
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#45 - 2012-12-19 15:24:19 UTC
Julius Priscus wrote:
if you did a pre made xml for download especially the eve uni overview4 I would happily flick a 100m isk at ya as a way of saying thanks.

cheers

=) Are you referring to the overview settings thread I made? Would you like, instead of only the colors and fonts, all of the overview profiles as well? Example PVP, Travel, dones, etc, but an entire detailed list? If so I have a fair bit of them I can finish and upload. Just let me know. Thanks.

Julius Priscus
#46 - 2012-12-19 16:20:08 UTC
Az Tek wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:

cheers

=) Are you referring to the overview settings thread I made? Would you like, instead of only the colors and fonts, all of the overview profiles as well? Example PVP, Travel, dones, etc, but an entire detailed list? If so I have a fair bit of them I can finish and upload. Just let me know. Thanks.

that would be fantastic :)

I am sure others would like too.
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#47 - 2012-12-19 16:23:06 UTC
Julius Priscus wrote:
Az Tek wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:

cheers

Awesome. I will try to have a fully functional Pre-Packaged Overview Settings thread by the end of the day. Hopefully in 5 or 6 hours. That's a load of work so bare with me =)

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#48 - 2012-12-19 17:02:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Az Tek
Alright, I have looked into this 100% and it appears that you do in fact require BOTH files to create a complete mirror image. So I was right the first time :P

core_user_ -
This file is used to store Shortcut Keys, Global Overview Settings.Including Tabs. (Typical import/export of overview does not include tab layout and color.)

core_char_ -
This is the characters main settings file for preferences such as graphics and some mods. IE: Resolution, Windowed/Full Screen, Effects, Neo Com, channels, etc,.

So once again. The Main post on this thread is 100% Valid. It's integrity checked. thanks again for the input.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#49 - 2012-12-19 17:19:32 UTC
So I had to unlike that I could like it again...

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#50 - 2012-12-19 17:25:16 UTC
Eugene Kerner wrote:
So I had to unlike that I could like it again...

lol \0/ Ty.

Also if there's anything you'd like to see or have the ability to use let me know. I'll see if I can make something happen. Always looking for new things to accomplish.

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#51 - 2012-12-20 06:12:20 UTC
Julius Priscus wrote:
Az Tek wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:

cheers

Have a bit of them compiled but had so much to do tonight. Will have them out tomorrow for sure.

Also have those others things as discussed. Look pretty epic =D

Clerrickal
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2012-12-21 02:08:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Clerrickal
TYYYYY. lost all my info the other day. Used your settings to update mine. Works like a charm ;) Nice hotkeys to btw.

When will the overview settings be put up here btw? Needs them bad!
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#53 - 2012-12-22 20:57:46 UTC
UPDATE:

Updated and cleaned up methods.

I am looking to improve these methods. If at all possible I would really appreciate some feedback on these topics. Your opinions and any criticism is welcomed =) Thanks!

Az Tek

Jabberwakie
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2012-12-29 03:39:09 UTC
Simply Amazing. Thanks so much! very informative. I just got 2 new PC's for Christmas and needed to redo my settings. I didn't like mine very much. Or i didn't realize you could do so much with them. I used this method with the other for downloaded settings you offer and used your version to mirror yours. As I have more than 10 accounts this was a godsend. Again, thanks so much!
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#55 - 2013-01-01 21:14:43 UTC
Jabberwakie wrote:
Simply Amazing. Thanks so much! very informative. I just got 2 new PC's for Christmas and needed to redo my settings. I didn't like mine very much. Or i didn't realize you could do so much with them. I used this method with the other for downloaded settings you offer and used your version to mirror yours. As I have more than 10 accounts this was a godsend. Again, thanks so much!

Yup, no worries m8! Thanks for the support. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. Also if you have any recommendations or requests of anything you'd like to see or have the ability to do I am always open to ideas for creating new things. Thanks!

Denamrario Zerg
Doomheim
#56 - 2013-01-10 04:32:55 UTC
Thank you for the info OP. Do you have any of these settings handy that I might be able to download? Lost mine recently.
Denamrario Zerg
Doomheim
#57 - 2013-01-10 04:37:32 UTC
Double Post.
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#58 - 2013-01-11 04:27:51 UTC
UPDATE:

Updated for 1.0.9 To include paths as well.

Finally got a new laptop and all is up and running as planned. Will be creating new threads to address many new questions I've received while 'semi-away-from-eve' Thanks again for all the support! =)

Tek

Serria Mau
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#59 - 2013-01-11 05:10:04 UTC
Thanks OP.
rswfire
#60 - 2013-01-12 11:13:39 UTC
Az Tek wrote:
gfark wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if CCP gave you a button to push to link all your characters like this if you wanted.
I just went through the pain of resetting all my windows and channels etc etc etc after purging my pc and then installing a fresh win8.
Thanks for the info, gj

Ikr. Ouch tho =/ How is Win8 handling with EVE? Curious to try it out.

But on the bright side, you have just given me an awesome idea! Will update thread in the morning, bed time for me!

Works great on Win8 for me.