These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

☣ Client Manipulation: Master Client Settings - Global Between Alts ☣

Author
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#21 - 2012-11-06 23:46:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Az Tek
UPDATE: Solution to the previous step 4.

Once your logged into game on the character you wish to make images of open up your 'monitor'. This can be done by pressing "Shift + Control + Alt + M". Locate the 'Logs" Tab. Open it. Press 'stop' on log. Now sort by 'type'.

The string you are looking for should now be the 6th string down assuming you've done nothing else other than logging in. This is what you will be looking for;

svc::gameui | notice| GameUI::OnSessionChanged, Blah Blah Blah Session: (sid:0000000000000, clientID:0, mutating:0, contextOnly:False, locationid:00000000, corprole:0x0, userid:1234567, languageID:EN, role:0x00000000000000000, charid:12345678

(NOTE: Changed incriminating values to '0' as well as User and Char ID values. Within these strings you can see systems/stations/stargates/session values which can be converted to a readable format with a dictionary. ADVICE: Don't f**k with this!)

You now know the Char and User ID's of your target characters. Do this for each character to obtain the values and save the values in notepad for future use.

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#22 - 2012-11-07 18:39:16 UTC
Received a bunch of mails about Pr-Packaged Settings Bundles. Made a few last night and some today. All will be available for download sometime today.

Az Tek

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#23 - 2012-11-23 19:24:25 UTC
Updated by request.

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-11-23 19:55:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Logging in each character and do "Shift + Control + Alt + M" just to get user & character id seems a bit clunky.

Your userid is known from (old-style) API keys and to get character ids just do Right click -> "View Image" (and then copy it from the address bar) on each of the portraits on the EVE gate character selection screen.

.

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#25 - 2012-11-23 20:06:43 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Logging in each character and do "Shift + Control + Alt + M" just to get user & character id seems a bit clunky.

Your userid is known from (old-style) API keys and to get character ids just do Right click -> "View Image" (and then copy it from the address bar) on each of the portraits on the EVE gate character selection screen.


right, However, The userID both refereed to and required for this to work is not the same as the userID from the previous versions of API keys. One of the first things I tried. Note, also the Old API keys will soon cease to function entirely.

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-11-23 22:09:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Az Tek wrote:
However, The userID both refereed to and required for this to work is not the same as the userID from the previous versions of API keys.

For my (four) accounts it is.

.

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#27 - 2012-11-24 00:29:14 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Az Tek wrote:
However, The userID both refereed to and required for this to work is not the same as the userID from the previous versions of API keys.

For my (four) accounts it is.


That's strange. I even went back and looked. I don't doubt what you say. Must have the ability to be different then for different accounts/toons.

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#28 - 2012-11-30 00:27:24 UTC
Going to be AFK till February/March unfortunately. We revisit this in 3 months to make revisions based on new updates.

Note: Also on my return we have a ton of new items we will be adding. Mostly really awesome utilities for your everyday use in EVE. Apps for just about everything. Both for PC and For Mobile. 90% done. Should be completed by then. Thanks =)

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#29 - 2012-11-30 00:57:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#30 - 2012-11-30 01:12:50 UTC


Nice. I had looked for it multiple times but never saw it. Had a lot of people ask me about it as well.

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#31 - 2012-12-12 21:37:25 UTC
Updated.

Also with the releases of the new expansion Retribution there are some REALLY nifty things that can be done client side now. Will update them within the week. I want to make sure they are both legal (EULA) and function smoothly before posting them. Anyway thanks fly safe =)

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Jew Bait
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-12-13 06:57:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Jew Bait
Dis is guuud. Very guuud!!

Awesome Stuff Man! Been looking all over for this Thanks for taking the time to put it together!

Edit - Is there a way for me to locate userid and charid on my Iphone if i wanted it to build an app?
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#33 - 2012-12-13 07:12:34 UTC
Jew Bait wrote:
Dis is guuud. Very guuud!!

Awesome Stuff Man! Been looking all over for this Thanks for taking the time to put it together!

Edit - Is there a way for me to locate userid and charid on my Iphone if i wanted it to build an app?


Yup Yup no worries =)

As for obtaining the info VIA iPhone I have no clue. I hate apple! :P But if you switch to android there is some awesome apps there at your disposal. AURA for EVE Online is a good one. If you have any knowledge of python you can decompile and re code it to give it to you at request. That's my understanding anyway. Either way it's a great app as is.

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Matthew97
#34 - 2012-12-13 09:04:30 UTC
Easier way to find character ID:



Auto link yourself and Send it to a chat (Make your own channel / use an empty one etc)



Right click -> Copy that message


Go out of game into a word doc / internet etc


Paste it and it should show up as something like:

Matthew97 > url=xxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxxx> Matthew97 /url> (can't put full tags due to HTML restriction)

Your Char ID is the one on the right
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#35 - 2012-12-13 20:32:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Az Tek
Matthew97 wrote:
Easier way to find character ID:



Auto link yourself and Send it to a chat (Make your own channel / use an empty one etc)



Right click -> Copy that message


Go out of game into a word doc / internet etc


Paste it and it should show up as something like:

Matthew97 > url=xxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxxx> Matthew97 /url> (can't put full tags due to HTML restriction)

Your Char ID is the one on the right


Thanks you for the input but as it has been stated before there are at least 20 ways to obtain the CharID. All of which are relatively straight forward and easy to do. Even easier to view the char ID is to just view your portrait in EVE Gate and view the URL. It will contain it.

The user ID is the harder one to get and is only available In-Game or with ServerSNS apps. So why not view them both in the same location if possible?

So instead of going to multiple places to find separate ID's to make things easier for the user I have included a way to find them both in the same place. Thus my method will allow you to obtain both ID's in a short amount of time located in the same exact string in-game.

Again thanks for the input and if you can find a quicker way to do this I will gladly update it here. Two eyes are better than one.

Az Tek

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#36 - 2012-12-13 20:33:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Az Tek
. Double Post

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Diablo 3III
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-12-14 23:23:59 UTC
Thanks for the research!
Az Tek
Overheat.Everything
#38 - 2012-12-18 07:27:12 UTC
UPDATED:

Added new settings file.

Fight, Fly, Crow... Bangerang

Matthew97
#39 - 2012-12-18 09:50:11 UTC
Az Tek wrote:
Matthew97 wrote:
*Snip*


Thanks you for the input but as it has been stated before there are at least 20 ways to obtain the CharID. All of which are relatively straight forward and easy to do. Even easier to view the char ID is to just view your portrait in EVE Gate and view the URL. It will contain it.

The user ID is the harder one to get and is only available In-Game or with ServerSNS apps. So why not view them both in the same location if possible?

So instead of going to multiple places to find separate ID's to make things easier for the user I have included a way to find them both in the same place. Thus my method will allow you to obtain both ID's in a short amount of time located in the same exact string in-game.

Again thanks for the input and if you can find a quicker way to do this I will gladly update it here. Two eyes are better than one.

Az Tek



When I copied my settings over to my other 2 alts (On different accounts) I only changed the core_char_xxxxxxxxx file and left the user one alone and it seemed to work fine, not sure what is contained in the User file but all my settings / groups / bm's etc etc copied perfectly fine
Taria Katelo
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-12-18 12:13:55 UTC
yeah copying settings every time you change something sure doesnt sound like a lot of work... why not go the easy way and use file junctions? theres a reason windows has that feature...

just use mklink /H to create your mirrors... and no i'm not going to give step by step instructions, just google the **** if you are curious