These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Eden Universe is about AMERICA!

First post
Author
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#61 - 2012-11-03 01:36:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Akirei Scytale
Tinja Soikutsu wrote:
Not to mention that the 7.62mm is a damned heavy round for an assault rifle so it hits like a mule at longer ranges with better penetration than many contemporary rifles.

There are plenty of videos demonstrating that an M16 / M4 won't penetrate a cinderblock wall while an AK-47 will blow a hole clean through it.

US solution: "He's behind cover, call in a $15,000 airstrike"

Russian solution: "He's behind cover, shoot him with your $0.02 bullet"

This is about as biased as a comparison you'll ever see and its pretty obvious which gun is best.
Gussarde en Welle
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2012-11-03 01:38:22 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:

Remember - the best engineer does not aim for perfect performance in perfect conditions regardless of cost. He aims for the simplest solution that costs the least and works in *all* possible situations. Why? Because that's all that matters in the real world, and complex engineering always breaks when you need it most.

Srsly. How many times has the M-16 system ( ammo+rifle) been reengineered? 4? 5?
Gussarde en Welle
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2012-11-03 01:42:01 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

And the AK was capable of firing virtually any 7.62 round, including both 39 and 54 mm variants.

Dude, every time I look at your sig, I laugh. It never gets old. Did you just make that up or was it something said on local ?
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2012-11-03 01:42:31 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
The gas system is virtually identical.

He's probably talking about the trigger assembly, what you use to make it go brap brap brap. The AK is also lighter overall. There's probably something to the fact that the AK47 is still in use today and the STG44 isn't, though.

In a similar vein, the U.S. used the belt feed mechanism of the MG42 to make the M60.

Take what you want and leave the rest, just like your salad bar.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2012-11-03 01:48:10 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Tinja Soikutsu wrote:
Not to mention that the 7.62mm is a damned heavy round for an assault rifle so it hits like a mule at longer ranges with better penetration than many contemporary rifles.

There are plenty of videos demonstrating that an M16 / M4 won't penetrate a cinderblock wall while an AK-47 will blow a hole clean through it.

US solution: "He's behind cover, call in a $15,000 airstrike"

Russian solution: "He's behind cover, shoot him with your $0.02 bullet"

This is about as biased as a comparison you'll ever see and its pretty obvious which gun is best.

Note: The M16 will actually hit the cinderblock wall from beyond 200 meters Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#66 - 2012-11-03 01:55:01 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

Note: The M16 will actually hit the cinderblock wall from beyond 200 meters Big smile

Much more accurate than you'd expect.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#67 - 2012-11-03 01:58:42 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Tinja Soikutsu wrote:

And the AK was capable of firing virtually any 7.62 round, including both 39 and 54 mm variants.

So you're telling us that this gun was capable of loading a rimmed cartridge which is longer than the receiver?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2012-11-03 02:00:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Surfin's PlunderBunny
Akirei Scytale wrote:

Looked like he missed a bunch... firing the M16 that slowly and I'd hit it every time Cool

*Edit: From 500 meters Pirate

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#69 - 2012-11-03 02:03:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Akirei Scytale
Akirei Scytale wrote:

Looked like he missed a bunch... firing the M16 that slowly and I'd hit it every time Cool

Not a target that small, in wind, while it is swinging around unpredictably.

Virtually all of those would have hit a man sized target. 2 misses. That was a bowling pin, FYI. The AK would also have penetrated body armor, something the M16 simply won't do.
Leisen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#70 - 2012-11-03 02:05:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Leisen
Please, PLEASE lock this thread.

I stumble across this, and I have to tell myself it's one big practical joke, an epic troll on behalf of the EVE community. I realize you can't expect much from internet communities, especially one based on a game, but I assumed EVE players were a cut above the rest. The ignorance in this thread is...disgusting.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2012-11-03 02:11:37 UTC
Gussarde en Welle wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Dude, every time I look at your sig, I laugh. It never gets old. Did you just make that up or was it something said on local ?

It's an old internet meme.... It's actually very old.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#72 - 2012-11-03 02:13:49 UTC
As a Swede, I'll remain neutral, but I will still sell very sophisticated military technology to the US and other countries in the world while proclaiming neutrality.. trolol.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2012-11-03 02:15:28 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:

Not a target that small, in wind, while it is swinging around unpredictably.

Virtually all of those would have hit a man sized target. 2 misses. That was a bowling pin, FYI. The AK would also have penetrated body armor, something the M16 simply won't do.

Funny, on the 500 yard line at my last rifle qual (M16A4) I took 10 headshots. Even smaller target than the bowling pin... also the AK won't penetrate the body armor (with sapi plates) American troops are wearing now from 50 yards away.

stoicfaux
#74 - 2012-11-03 02:15:32 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Goons = terrorists?

I would go with Mittens as Donald Trump and the rest of the goons are Meatloaf?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Gussarde en Welle
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2012-11-03 02:17:27 UTC
Alpheias wrote:
As a Swede, I'll remain neutral, but I will still sell very sophisticated military technology to the US and other countries in the world while proclaiming neutrality.. trolol.

The Swedish: Global trolling par excellence since 1700 BC.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-11-03 02:19:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Andski wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Tinja Soikutsu wrote:

So you're telling us that this gun was capable of loading a rimmed cartridge which is longer than the receiver?

This was actually a typo - I meant the AK47 could fire their own 7.62x39 and the American 7.62x39mm - no, the AK47 cannot fire the 54, that was a typo. It can fire other types, as well, just can't remember off the top of my head.

But, while we're on the subject of M16 vs AK47...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16#Ammunition

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#77 - 2012-11-03 02:24:20 UTC
I see where this is going.

When are you yahoos going to start posting YouTube gun firing links?

Mr Epeen Cool
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2012-11-03 02:33:04 UTC

A lot of that is wrong btw, horribly horribly wrong Shocked

On both accounts too, but what the hell is up with the 12-15 rpm rof without overheating, the same as a bolt action rifle?

Your beloved AK (You're the same as a furry btw)

The better rifle Big smile (yes I know that's an M4 but my point stands)

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2012-11-03 02:36:50 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
This was actually a typo - I meant the AK47 could fire their own 7.62x39 and the American 7.62x39mm - no, the AK47 cannot fire the 54, that was a typo. It can fire other types, as well, just can't remember off the top of my head.

But, while we're on the subject of M16 vs AK47...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16#Ammunition

There has never been an "American 7.62x39mm" cartridge - sure, you might find American companies manufacturing it, but it's the same design. Unless you're thinking of the 7.62x51mm cartridge, which I strongly doubt could be fed into an AK without remachining the receiver (and likely the barrel)

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Gussarde en Welle
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2012-11-03 02:37:34 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I see where this is going.

When are you yahoos going to start posting YouTube gun firing links?

The better question is when we're going to start posting pictures of our shot groupings.