These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Attention Bounty Hunters and Soldiers of Fortune! Opportunities within.

Author
Aodha Khan
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2012-12-07 09:43:11 UTC
Silas Vitalia wrote:
John Revenent wrote:
This means I am doing something right. *Smirks*

I've got a whole theme-park of atrocities in store for you if we take you alive.

Sounds like fun! Big smile

Power is not something that is granted - it is something to be taken.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#62 - 2012-12-07 10:10:36 UTC
My, what posturing. You put some bounties on people, fine - makes life interesting. A perfectly acceptable way of dealing with your grievances, petty and childish as yours are.

All these empty threats you're making about what you'll do to people "when you catch them" as if that was ever really a thing in a world where you can't force someone out of their capsule, though? It makes you look like a complete tool, not that you needed any help with that.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#63 - 2012-12-07 11:23:52 UTC
In the future, Ms. Vitalia, I certainly hope we can do business. Why bother maintaining a list when I happily do so for all of my clients? I know you'd rather be out shooting people instead of dealing with such tedium.

CEO, Discreet Bounties In-game Channel: Discreet Bounties

Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#64 - 2012-12-07 13:12:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Do you ever smell a faint air of desperation in Pilot Vitalia's attempts to appear to be the nastiest and most cruel person in the skies? "I AM the worst! I am, I am, I am! I will pickle your eyebrows and use your ears as a contraceptive because I'm soooo evil! WHY AREN'T YOU AFRAID OF ME?!"

Truly scary people never advertise the fact. They don't need to.

Silas Vitalia wrote:
Variety is the spice of life, after all.

And vanity is the sickly-sweet too-thick butter icing with those little candy butterflies and edible glitter, a ring of those gold leaf-encrusted sugar balls, three slices of glazed fruit and a candle in the shape of an exotic dancer that shoots sparks...

...it unsuccessfully attempts to disguise the fact that the actual cake is bland and tasteless.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#65 - 2012-12-07 13:34:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
Verin, have you ever thought she's like a wannabe Revan Neferis?

If the answer to that question is "yes," have you ever thought about how hilarious that is? You know, like, being the wannabe of a wannabe?

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Stitcher
Caldari State
#66 - 2012-12-07 14:39:10 UTC
you just described a good third of Blooders in general, Andy.

AKA Hambone

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#67 - 2012-12-07 15:33:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Silas Vitalia
Derek Quaid wrote:
In the future, Ms. Vitalia, I certainly hope we can do business. Why bother maintaining a list when I happily do so for all of my clients? I know you'd rather be out shooting people instead of dealing with such tedium.

While I understand your business model and the service you provide, my belief system requires those who suffer my retribution know whence it came.

It matters that they know the source of their misfortune, and that it is my will that caused it.

Incidentally I noticed you yourself placed a bounty on me yesterday for a cowardly anonymous party. An insulting amount.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Derek Quaid
Doomheim
#68 - 2012-12-07 15:44:15 UTC
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Derek Quaid wrote:

While I understand your business model and the service you provide, my belief system requires those who suffer my retribution know whence it came.

It matters that they know the source of their misfortune, and that it is my will that caused it.

Incidentally I noticed you yourself placed a bounty on me yesterday for a cowardly anonymous party. An insulting amount.

I believe these initial clients are testing the waters to ensure I am offering a legitimate service. I commend their prudence. For what it is worth, you currently top the list of bounties I have placed.

CEO, Discreet Bounties In-game Channel: Discreet Bounties

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#69 - 2012-12-07 15:47:27 UTC
Derek Quaid wrote:
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Derek Quaid wrote:

I believe these initial clients are testing the waters to ensure I am offering a legitimate service. I commend their prudence. For what it is worth, you currently top the list of bounties I have placed.

If your client's purpose was mockery with such a small amount, then they were successful in earning my displeasure.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Stitcher
Caldari State
#70 - 2012-12-07 15:59:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
To be fair, earning your displeasure seems to be a trivial affair.

AKA Hambone

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#71 - 2012-12-07 16:40:02 UTC
Silas Vitalia wrote:

You realise that placing a bounty on someone places them in literally no danger that they weren't already in, right? It doesn't lower someone's security status or make them viable targets to police or militia forces if they weren't already. All it does is give people who were already legally entitled to kill a target (or had no real concern for the repercussions of doing so illegally) a small sum of money for doing what they were already going to do anyway. Unless someone was saddled with a truly towering bounty (and no, a mere billion ISK doesn't count), people aren't going to bother declaring wars over bounties alone.

You've basically spent money to let people know that they're upsetting you. Good work.

Silas Vitalia wrote:

I'd usually wager that that was likely the intention, but you're such an immature little girl that everything insults you.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#72 - 2012-12-07 16:44:18 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Silas Vitalia wrote:

You realise that placing a bounty on someone places them in literally no danger that they weren't already in, right? It doesn't lower someone's security status or make them viable targets to police or militia forces if they weren't already. All it does is give people who were already legally entitled to kill a target (or had no real concern for the repercussions of doing so illegally) a small sum of money for doing what they were already going to do anyway. Unless someone was saddled with a truly towering bounty (and no, a mere billion ISK doesn't count), people aren't going to bother declaring wars over bounties alone.

You've basically spent money to let people know that they're upsetting you. Good work.

Silas Vitalia wrote:

I'd usually wager that that was likely the intention, but you're such an immature little girl that everything insults you.

To be fair, placing a bounty on someone then gives someone else more of an incentive to kill that person's ship illegally. The bounty pay out has literally no relation as to whether the kill was "legal" or not.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#73 - 2012-12-07 16:49:14 UTC
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
To be fair, placing a bounty on someone then gives someone else more of an incentive to kill that person's ship illegally. The bounty pay out has literally no relation as to whether the kill was "legal" or not.

Historical precedent shows that the vast majority of people in this cluster who are willing to kill a person's ship illegally will do so regardless of whether or not its destruction provides any reward at all, let alone a profitable one.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#74 - 2012-12-07 16:58:07 UTC
There is always profit involved. This just means that a little extra is added to one side of the mental math people do before pulling that kind of suicide stunt.
Stitcher
Caldari State
#75 - 2012-12-07 17:05:05 UTC
Eh, some people just blow up mining barges because they're there. Some people juggle running chainsaws. I once saw a girl fill her mouth with rocket fuel and then blow it out to produce a controlled jet of flame. Don't underestimate the extent of the human spectrum for the suicidally strange.

AKA Hambone

Ghost Hunter
True Slave Foundations
#76 - 2012-12-08 00:45:41 UTC
Bounties of 250 million ISK have been issued on Manwe Todako, and Edaine Numenor.

A bounty of 200 million ISK has been issued on the Disciples of Ston corporation proper.

We are interested to see if these sums produce favorable results. My regards, Ms. Vitalia.

True Slave Foundations Overseer

ϕ

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#77 - 2012-12-08 00:48:31 UTC
Ghost Hunter wrote:
Bounties of 250 million ISK have been issued on Manwe Todako, and Edaine Numenor.

A bounty of 200 million ISK has been issued on the Disciples of Ston corporation proper.

We are interested to see if these sums produce favorable results. My regards, Ms. Vitalia.

Delightful as always my dear. *smile*

Sabik now, Sabik forever