These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

AFK Cloaking

Author
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#21 - 2012-11-04 05:11:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Came expecting null-baby carebear parasite whine thread #1,298,765,978,132,118.

Left pleasantly surprised.

Scream random insults/obscenities in local. Always amusing.

E:

I haven't done this in null (yet), but harshly/condescendingly berating people who use text/Net speak to talk constantly, and repeating "You're a prat" as often as possible reaaaaaaally gets a certain player-type angry. It's hilarious!

Ni.

Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#22 - 2012-11-05 07:22:09 UTC
Train tear harvesting five and add the jar module to your ship. This way you may harvest the tears of innocent null seccers and sell it on the EvE market for profit. This can be used to buy more cloaking ships and fund more AFK alts in order to rejoice in the rage and tears of the paranoid and incapable.
qDoctor Strangelove
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-11-05 12:36:15 UTC
If AFK'ing is so powerful, why are not any alliances doing that on massive scales during wars?
replicator 0001
Nullbear Tear Extractors
Hostile Intervention
#24 - 2012-11-05 12:59:37 UTC
qDoctor Strangelove wrote:
If AFK'ing is so powerful, why are not any alliances doing that on massive scales during wars?

It is like nuclear weapons, but I don't have anywhere they can nuke :)

Also to those that say nobody has ever died to an AFK cloaker...
It is possible that an afk cloaker has guns flashing and autotarget back on, and gets a kill when decloaked and locked.

Also after much thought I have settled on my corp name:

Nullbear Tear Extractors
Jin alPatar
Entertainment 7wenty
The Burning Contingent Alliance
#25 - 2012-11-05 18:00:18 UTC
I like your style.
Graff Spee
Lonercorp
#26 - 2012-11-06 08:41:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Graff Spee
If this man is serious, he could shut down some carebear renters pretty hard. The clever ones will get bored baiting, and they are few and far between.
replicator 0001
Nullbear Tear Extractors
Hostile Intervention
#27 - 2012-11-06 11:30:41 UTC
Graff Spee wrote:
If this man is serious, he could shut down some carebear renters pretty hard. The clever ones will get bored baiting, and they are few and far between.

Serious

http://s9.postimage.org/hpmmar60t/replicators.jpg
Expending Doom
#28 - 2012-11-06 13:29:40 UTC
You guys are forgetting the best part.

Yes, it's fun terrorizing them with your presence. But you also get to pounce out and cull the weak whenever you want.

I encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to train up a SB alt.

If you don't AFK cloak the only thing you can hope for is maybe snagging a malfunctioning bot. When you first enter system all the carebears will generally dock up immediately, it's only by AFK cloaking that they will begin to come out of hiding, hungry for ISK.
replicator 0001
Nullbear Tear Extractors
Hostile Intervention
#29 - 2012-11-12 10:07:01 UTC
Expending Doom wrote:
You guys are forgetting the best part.

Yes, it's fun terrorizing them with your presence. But you also get to pounce out and cull the weak whenever you want.

I encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to train up a SB alt.

If you don't AFK cloak the only thing you can hope for is maybe snagging a malfunctioning bot. When you first enter system all the carebears will generally dock up immediately, it's only by AFK cloaking that they will begin to come out of hiding, hungry for ISK.

I am so excited, less than 1 week left till I invade.

The 8 systems I can camp right now has been awesome.

Any last minute tips?
Gritz1
Ice Fire Warriors
#30 - 2012-11-12 19:43:54 UTC
I join a fleet in my afk cloaker dude, so when they spam you with fleet invites they will see you are already in one..... they think you might actually have a nice fleet on standby ready to come in ;-)
replicator 0001
Nullbear Tear Extractors
Hostile Intervention
#31 - 2012-11-13 03:32:50 UTC
Gritz1 wrote:
I join a fleet in my afk cloaker dude, so when they spam you with fleet invites they will see you are already in one..... they think you might actually have a nice fleet on standby ready to come in ;-)

I prefer to let them think im out of a fleet so its safe to rat

(it is totally safe btw as it is impossible to join a fleet at the last second so please keep the fleet spam going and the rats and roids going)
Probebly Afk Cloaking
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-11-13 22:13:08 UTC
+1
Sev Centuar
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-11-15 01:28:05 UTC
hello fellow enemy.
I have nitced this thread.
but tbh have you ever gotten any kills cuas usally you fall asleep while
your supposdley camping. dont be a coward and gank like real man :)
DeadlyStormZ
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-11-15 01:35:25 UTC
Confirming AFK-docking is a counter to AFK-cloaking.

http://i.imgur.com/dd3tE.jpg
replicator 0001
Nullbear Tear Extractors
Hostile Intervention
#35 - 2012-11-16 14:21:35 UTC
DeadlyStormZ wrote:
Confirming AFK-docking is a counter to AFK-cloaking.

http://i.imgur.com/dd3tE.jpg

+1
Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2012-12-03 12:06:28 UTC
You really need to get a life.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2012-12-03 14:55:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
A Buzzard is bad because of its decloaking delay. Use a stealthbomber for your covert cyno instead, fit a short point and some buffer (and accept that your bomber will die 9 times out of 10).

Make sure that your blops character has safespot bookmarks in the system you jump into, align out while the enemy is still dying, then warp, cloak (& cap up) and jump out.

Capacitor Booster, Heavy Neut and a Sensor Booster scripted for targeting speed are imo mandatory on the blops. Also use a 'Guise' cloak (smaller scan res penalty).

If they try to bait you it will most likely be with a Dominix or Navydomi.

I always try to be nice to people I camp and usually they are quite nice, too (once they get over the "OMG you don't have a life and must suck at pvp or you wouldn't do this!!!!" stage).
You are around them all teh time time so it's quite easy for some degree of intimacy to form and getting to know the locals, idly chatting with them in local, ... can be very interesting.
Coming to think of it I am pretty bad at that whole "afk" thing Roll

Previous page12