These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AFK Stealth Pilots in 0.0

Author
Wodan Re
Doomheim
#201 - 2012-11-28 23:02:50 UTC
Wodan Re wrote:
Why not make defeating AFK cloakers a game mechanic.

Have a very large POS module external of shields create some form of interference that has a small chance to decloak anything in the system every 30 mins when running.

Could consume some form of fuel (Isotope) each cycle.

But needs to be very bulking as basically it would be a huge generator. Then you could scan them down as normal.
As a POS module make it not need to be tied to Sov so could be used in Lowsec also.

Singoth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#202 - 2012-11-28 23:06:39 UTC
Once I was scared of AFK cloakers. Then I thought: screw it, they're AFK anyway, I'll go back to mining/ratting/derping around.

What threat do they pose, hmm? What are you afraid of? Capital bubble dropped on you? Stop kidding yourself, as if that happens on a regular basis.

Less yappin', more zappin'!

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#203 - 2012-11-28 23:08:02 UTC
1. Get to enemy system
2. Use cloaking device
3. ??? No idea, I'm AFK
4. Collect tears

Just like afk mining~~

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#204 - 2012-11-28 23:11:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Miton
People who are AFK are by definition not a threat since they are AFK and hence not going to shoot you.
So what's the issue?

What youre actually scared of is that they are NOT AFK and will shoot you.
In which case, they are not AFK and hence don't fall into the category of AFK cloaker.

You see where your argument falls apart right?

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Wodan Re
Doomheim
#205 - 2012-11-28 23:31:55 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
People who are AFK are by definition not a threat since they are AFK and hence not going to shoot you.
So what's the issue?

In which case, they are not AFK and hence don't fall into the category of AFK cloaker.

Have you actually ever been to Nullsec. An AFK cloaky is rarely fully AFK
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#206 - 2012-11-28 23:38:23 UTC
EVE Online: Cloaking is Magic

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#207 - 2012-11-29 00:07:06 UTC
Wodan Re wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
So what's the issue?

Have you actually ever been to Nullsec. An AFK cloaky is rarely fully AFK

and hence, NOT an AFK cloaky, like i said.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Riedle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#208 - 2012-11-29 00:15:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Riedle
If your are in null.sec and can't handle afk cloakers it is a good indication that you are not ready for null sec.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#209 - 2012-11-29 00:20:05 UTC
So we've agreed local has to be nerfed, right?

Nylith Empyreal
Sutar Rein
#210 - 2012-11-29 00:27:11 UTC
Troll successful?

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Infinite Force
#211 - 2012-11-29 00:44:32 UTC
Hocico wrote:
Hi,

what can we do against afk stelth pilots in 0.0 ? Nothing !!!

She wait any hours and we cant mining, ratting ore others.... attacks comes only vs mining Barges ore infight Ships and are rar....

CCP we need a tactic against this idiots.... thats not pvp.

AFK waiting for 4 ore more hours is an Exploit.

Hoc

Waaahh... Go live in a WH. You don't ever know if someone is cloaked up in your system --- unless you happen to catch them on d-scan when they log in.......

+2 Troll

HROLT CEO Live Free; Die Proud

http://tinyurl.com/95zmyzw - The only way to go!

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#212 - 2012-11-29 00:53:02 UTC
It's this thing called a standing fleet
now HTFU or GTFO

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

HollyShocker 2inthestink
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#213 - 2012-11-29 00:58:21 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Thomas Orca wrote:
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:

The only way any cloacker becomes a serious threat to you is when he lights a cover/regular cyno. If you don't see any of these then he's just afk and can't harm you. + makes all afraid idiots dock up while you can make better isk
No one ever dies to solo cloaked ships
Of course not, since cloaked ships can't do anything remotely aggressive to you.

Not true. A cloaked ship can book mark your location so his buddies can warp straight to you. So yes even though the cloaker may not be able to aggro you while cloaked it doesnt mean they still cant effect what you do.

Why is you so many people seem to lack the ability of comprehension? I understand you feel the need to protect what you have but do you really lack the ability to see somone else point of view?
ConranAntoni
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#214 - 2012-11-29 02:39:41 UTC
I love threads like these.

It reminds me why I like shooting stupid people in EvE.

Empyrean Warriors - Recruiting now.

Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#215 - 2012-11-29 03:16:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyancat Audeles
Hocico wrote:
Hi,

what can we do against afk stelth pilots in 0.0 ? Nothing !!!

She wait any hours and we cant mining, ratting ore others.... attacks comes only vs mining Barges ore infight Ships and are rar....

CCP we need a tactic against this idiots.... thats not pvp.

AFK waiting for 4 ore more hours is an Exploit.

Hoc

You make it sound like AFK Stealth is bad.

Well guess why stealth ships are named "covert ops" or "stealth"? Because they're supposed to be covert and stealthy. Also, you fail to understand that one of the advantages of a stealth ship is going AFK in space.

Just because you can't kill every person in local does not make said person OP. How is an AFK stealth pilot ruining your day, please tell me?

Stop whining already. You're the vocal minority trying to ruin the game for everyone so you can get a few more killmails.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#216 - 2012-11-29 03:32:24 UTC
I AFK cloaked a high sec system once. Nobody complained. I guess they are just made of tougher stuff.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#217 - 2012-11-29 06:11:16 UTC
Ocih wrote:
I AFK cloaked a high sec system once. Nobody complained. I guess they are just made of tougher stuff.

Magical police would be nice, yeah.

Rossy Ocifer
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#218 - 2012-11-29 23:47:03 UTC

I guess the only thing you can do is dock up. Roll
Borascus
#219 - 2012-11-29 23:57:16 UTC
If you visit the search forums field and type "Decloak" and press the magnifying glass there are a lot of threads on this topic.

Page 30 leads to Cloak Hunters?!

most of the players are no longer visible on the forums but hey, they had some good points....

All the pages inbetween lead round the long winding road that is the: remove local / delay local / cloakers need a fuel limit for their cloaking / special ability decloak type threads
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#220 - 2012-11-30 00:42:06 UTC
Rossy Ocifer wrote:
I guess the only thing you can do is dock up. Roll

AFK docker.