These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AFK Stealth Pilots in 0.0

Author
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#181 - 2012-11-20 05:52:19 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Gotch Urarse wrote:
This is one n00b who got to covert-ops, decided to duck into null, had to go afk (RL family issue), warped cloaked to 100km of a moon (I did have probes out)... returned to a few nice guys who made sure I took a quick/safe trip back to my clone.

Soooo.... AFK stealth isn't so AFK stealth -OR- I'm a dumb a$$. (my ISK is on the latter)

That said, refitting and heading back out. The thrill out here is way to much fun.

If you warped to 100, and sat there, honestly people will usually check by warping to stuff at 0 or 100, so they guessed and decloaked you.

Next time, set your ship to move (upwards) at full speed and they shouldn't be able to do that. Or use a safespot.

Confirming: I check planets at those ranges. Learn to make a safe spot, or alternatively uncloak, pulse your mwd once and cloak back up and just travel in a direction.
Keno Skir
#182 - 2012-11-20 08:07:14 UTC
Hocico wrote:
Hi,

what can we do against afk stelth pilots in 0.0 ? Nothing !!!

She wait any hours and we cant mining, ratting ore others.... attacks comes only vs mining Barges ore infight Ships and are rar....

CCP we need a tactic against this idiots.... thats not pvp.

AFK waiting for 4 ore more hours is an Exploit.

Hoc

Hatch a plan and kill and pod him you sad excuse for a capsuleer. Or go back to sitting and crying in station that the nasty cloaked person is cloaked and nasty.
Kno Smo
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#183 - 2012-11-20 09:12:09 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
/bangs head at keyboard.

- Hey OP, how do you know he is AFK?
- And if he's indeed AFK, how can he possibly shoot you?

Is it possible that a lot People on this froum don't understand that AFK means "away from keyboard"?

Looks like pple think AFK means "Person doesn't behave like I want them to behave"... no idea where you the the A and F and K in this sentence :).

Wir (alle 25+ Jahre alt) suchen Mitspieler, möglichst (aber nicht nur) mit Headset (Teamspeak 3). Corp-Mitgliedschaft ist NICHT notwendig! Einfach zusammen Zocken und Erfahrungen austauschen ist das Ziel. Teamspeak-Server: 213.202.206.161?port=5065

Ripperljohn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#184 - 2012-11-20 09:30:43 UTC
EVE General: because no1 in german forums gives a **** about OP

Keno Skir
#185 - 2012-11-20 11:03:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
Kno Smo wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
/bangs head at keyboard.

- Hey OP, how do you know he is AFK?
- And if he's indeed AFK, how can he possibly shoot you?

Is it possible that a lot People on this froum don't understand that AFK means "away from keyboard"?

Looks like pple think AFK means "Person doesn't behave like I want them to behave"... no idea where you the the A and F and K in this sentence :).

That sentence has an A and a K

.|.. There's your F

You dont know if they are AFK or not, you just know they are cloaked. If someone pops out of cloak every time you go mining the aren't AFK are they, just dedicated. If they were actually AFK you would have nothing to worry about. Stop trying to sound clever.

:)
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#186 - 2012-11-20 12:23:20 UTC
Ripperljohn wrote:
EVE General: because no1 in german forums gives a **** about OP

And CCP sure as hell aint reading the German forums.

Most people who come here have a fantastic notion they are talking to CCP employees. I'm guilty.

LOL
Random Woman
Very Professional Corporation
#187 - 2012-11-20 12:35:06 UTC
Get rid of local, AFK cloaking problem solved. If you dont see it you cant whine about it
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#188 - 2012-11-20 12:47:27 UTC
Afk cloakies are not a problem.

If they are afk they can not hurt you. If your afraid they may come out of afk and gank you, then move to another system to rat or mine. If they follow you, they're not afk and as such you can form a fleet to catch them. Interdictor and an interceptor with drones assigned will catch them most times.

If you live in a vaguely busy system you don't even need to change system, just get everyone who is active into a standing fleet so that everyone in system is in the same fleet. Then even the PvErs can turn up to help. Right click, warp to. That is presuming of course, that your on coms. If your in null and not in coms then that's your own fault.

If your not trying to catch this person, then your not defending your system and as such you don't deserve to be safe.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

rothmal
Vengance Inc.
#189 - 2012-11-20 13:20:23 UTC
psycho freak wrote:
I allways thought thats what cloaks were for to be sneaky and wait out your target before attacking when not expected hmmm i must be mistaken

no way man your supposed to tell everyone in local that your in the system looking for pvp and put meme's like webed and Who is the Bombers Bar? after you kill them.
Ix Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#190 - 2012-11-20 15:03:18 UTC
The cloaked individual remains in an AFK state and non-AFK state until the cloak is removed! To test this, I put my pet cat, Schrodinger, in a cloaky ship................
Probebly Afk Cloaking
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#191 - 2012-11-20 15:32:39 UTC
working as intended
Rordan D'Kherr
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#192 - 2012-11-20 15:33:51 UTC
Random Woman wrote:
Get rid of local, AFK cloaking problem solved. If you dont see it you cant whine about it

If there wouldn't by the colateral downsides...

Don't be scared, because being afk is not a crime.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#193 - 2012-11-20 15:38:08 UTC
AFK Cloaker wrote:

Quick, dock up and stop posting!

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Kenneth O'Hara
Sebiestor Tribe
#194 - 2012-11-20 15:39:01 UTC
Funny how you don't hear about this kind of stuff in wormholes.

Bring Saede Riordan back!! Never Forget! _"__Operation Godzilla Smacks Zeus"  ~__Graygor _

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#195 - 2012-11-20 15:44:17 UTC
Kenneth O'Hara wrote:
Funny how you don't hear about this kind of stuff in wormholes.

^^ Cool

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

MasterEnt
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#196 - 2012-11-20 17:46:48 UTC  |  Edited by: MasterEnt
Hocico wrote:
Hi, What can we do against afk stelth pilots in 0.0 ? Nothing !!! She wait any hours and we cant mining, ratting ore others.... attacks comes only vs mining Barges ore infight Ships and are rar.... CCP we need a tactic against this idiots.... thats not pvp. AFK waiting for 4 ore more hours is an Exploit.

Here we go again, you mean you can't mine or rat SOLO. And PLEASE inform us how you KNOW they are AFK as opposed to Extremely Patient. Please tell us because on one hand you say they are waiting 4 hours, then you say they are AFK, which means they are NOT waiting.

I know PLENTY of players who are that patient for a kill, so need some proof.
Not to mention, cloaked ships can't target or shoot.

Besides, you DO have a tactic... and even a strategy. It's not really up to CCP to spell out either for you considering the whole "sandbox" theme, but it involves having friends and laying a wait-and-bait.

This ia good scenario in which delayed local would work:
- You would not be scared by a magical local pop-up, especially of a ship supposedly covert-ops.
- They would not know if you had friends waiting to bail you out.

Either way, the point is to roll with a crew.
Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#197 - 2012-11-20 18:13:31 UTC
scram / disruptor on the barge

a couple cloaked bombers or recons near it waiting.. problem solved..

it's also worth mentionining:

if he is AFK, you have nothing to fear from him
if he is not AFK, then he is engaging in legitimate pvp.

stop whining and learn to play. you are in NULL SEC if you want relative safety go mine in HIGH SEC

ffs
Blind Phew
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#198 - 2012-11-20 18:28:48 UTC
Hocico wrote:
CCP we need a tactic against this idiots.... thats not pvp.

The only idiot here is you. This stupid whine has been hashed to death. The cloaker is getting the desired effect which is you crapping. If you are afraid of someone who is AFK there isn't much hope for the future...
Virtuous Death
Doomheim
#199 - 2012-11-20 18:29:32 UTC
Quote:
AFK Stealth Pilots in 0.0

meaning pilot is AWAY FROM KEYBOARD meaning he cant hurt you.
OP loses.
Wodan Re
Doomheim
#200 - 2012-11-28 22:41:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Wodan Re
Why not make defeating AFK cloakers a game mechanic.

Have a very large POS module external of shields create some form of interference that has a small chance to decloak anything in the system every 30 mins when running.

Could consume some form of fuel (Isotope) each cycle.

But needs to be very bulking as basically it would be a huge generator. Then you could scan them done as normal