These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

VAHFT Mutual Funds - Initial Public Offering

Author
Vargan Armer
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#261 - 2012-11-27 17:16:59 UTC
Oh that's good, I was worried that forever reason I hadn't gotten my money ^^
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#262 - 2012-11-27 18:16:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Vargan Armer wrote:
Should everyone who invested in anyway have received money at this point?

Hello.

Thank you everybody who manifested me their support and approval!

The liquidation process is not immediate for two reasons:

1) Some assets can't be liquidated very fast. In order to achieve those 30-40% profits you see on the performance charts I some times had to invest in dozens of assets where buy orders are much lower than the sell orders and "dumping to buy orders" would lead to staggering -30 / -40% losses. In case of PI and T2 there's not even an option not to engage in those markets, barring an handful of commodities (Technetium, Noble metals...) all the other markets have tiny size and / or low turnover.

2) Also, I liquidated some personal assets to provide quicker liquidation. The whole process involved 120B worth of assets. The EvE markets are just too small to deal with 120B worth of stuff dumped fast and hard. I'd crash 20 markets+ for weeks.

3) The whole process of liquidating is completely manual and for every Investor, for every type of share I manually create up to 4 transactions:

- unwinding the order escrow for those shares,
- special reimbursement
- dividends, each dividend has its own parameters and its own performance and its own management reward (for me)
- shares buyback (principal reimbursement)

Not only that, but some reimbursements come from VEMEX and some come from this character (as I said, I'll personally over-pay a subset of Investors who trusted me past IPO launch. I won't let them have anything less than an excellent experience from me).

This means I have to manually send mails, hundreds and hundreds of transactions, some to players and some to corporations, check the backend for every single transaction to see if it had pending orders, special cases etc and most of all I must do it right. Imagine the consequences of one single mistake of sending 20B to a typo-ed character...
Vargan Armer
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#263 - 2012-11-27 19:14:47 UTC
Money received. I wish you the best of luck in whatever, and wherever you choose to go. You are a huge asset to the MD community. o/
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#264 - 2012-11-27 19:25:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Arancar Australis wrote:
Hi VV,

Thanks for attempting to get this up and running, and for the time you took to do so, greatly appreciated.

Good luck in your RL endeavours, i hope it goes very well for you and to see you back here in the future once things ahve settled down for you. Smile

Cheers,

AA

Hello,

Thank you for the appreciation!

it was more than an attempt, in fact you are about to get both dividends and principal Big smile

Vargan Armer wrote:
Money received. I wish you the best of luck in whatever, and wherever you choose to go. You are a huge asset to the MD community. o/

Thank you a lot too.

It's been a pleasure having business with you^^
Grendell
Technologies Unlimited
#265 - 2012-11-28 03:17:08 UTC
Received my capital and dividend. Thanks VV.Blink

◄[♥]►3rd Party Service◄[♥]►

♥ Securing Peace of mind ♥

Dean Ozuwara
Oh My Oh My God
#266 - 2012-11-28 08:31:34 UTC
Confirm received investment capital and dividend. Good luck Vaerah Big smile
Antoine Desargues
Desargues TechnoSystems Co.
#267 - 2012-11-28 09:00:41 UTC
I confirm payment.

VV thanks for your dedication; this has been a nice try to something that approaches RL fund industry, I can assure people that VV has done lot of things as are done here in old good Earth. Is a pity that it has lasted so few time.

I hope that your move abroad goes well... just curious, can you say the country that are you fleeing for that damned Tobin Tax? I'm also a RL investor (part-time only, mainly FOREX) and here (Spain) is also looming the axe of that stupid tax (for the moment I have been spared trading with abroad brokers, but typically this situation can only worsen in time).

Good luck, I hope you return to EVE asap.
Horatio Astrates
Liga der hessischen Gentlemen
#268 - 2012-11-28 10:07:40 UTC
Dear Miss Vahrokha !

With deep regret I realized your planed relocation from New Eden. Though short in time I am thankful for the fruitful collaboration. I hereby confirm the redemption of my investment and the receival of a capital gains distribution that exceeds my expectations.

So I have to express my wish of your henceforward great success in the new universe.

Yours Sincerely
Horatio Astrates
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#269 - 2012-11-28 10:23:39 UTC
Antoine Desargues wrote:
I confirm payment.

VV thanks for your dedication; this has been a nice try to something that approaches RL fund industry, I can assure people that VV has done lot of things as are done here in old good Earth. Is a pity that it has lasted so few time.

I hope that your move abroad goes well... just curious, can you say the country that are you fleeing for that damned Tobin Tax? I'm also a RL investor (part-time only, mainly FOREX) and here (Spain) is also looming the axe of that stupid tax (for the moment I have been spared trading with abroad brokers, but typically this situation can only worsen in time).

Good luck, I hope you return to EVE asap.

Sadly nowhere you go in Europe (except maybe England, they got their stamp duty) you can hope to be safe from that populistic and useless tax.
But it's not going to be implemented in the same way in all the countries. Some countries took Germany's bait about rushing into enforcing the tax, save seeing Germany bailing out of their own proposal and announcing they won't think about it till 2016.

My country not only took the bait, but it's going to enforce it regardless. In fact my country is one of the last where we still have post-comunist parties that have not evolved into modern social-democracy and thus they are as bigot as some religion organizations.

These parties - that all the statistics show they are about to win the soon next elections, have intense hatred for anything related with capital, enterpreneurs, meritocracy, private initiative and so on. They couldn't wait for the Tobin Tax to be proposed, because it will be the Holy Sword against the Evil speculators etc. etc.

So, my move is not really to avoid the Tobin Tax at all costs, just to avoid the italian specific implementation that basically:

- exempts banks and all those who *really* caused finance disasters. Because as most know, our current "technicians" government is totally subservient to banks.

- imposes a tax 5 (five) times bigger than the proposed "template" EU tax and it covers securities that will become completely impossible to trade. I.e. making 100 Euros out of Forex will involve up to 100 Euros worth of Tobin Tax. Figures.

Another reason to move is that I got proposed an interesting job in a nice island. This means leaving this foggy, cold plains I currently live in and actually find a job. Here it's impossible, because before the 2008 crysis it'd take 2-3 years of constant tries to find a (worse) job but now it's just wishful thinking, everybody are closing down, banks don't loan a penny and so on and every single position I have applied to, has been rejected because they exclusively take people younger than 30 (there are fiscal discounts for doing that).
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#270 - 2012-11-28 10:26:29 UTC
Horatio Astrates wrote:
Dear Miss Vahrokha !

With deep regret I realized your planed relocation from New Eden. Though short in time I am thankful for the fruitful collaboration. I hereby confirm the redemption of my investment and the receival of a capital gains distribution that exceeds my expectations.

So I have to express my wish of your henceforward great success in the new universe.

Yours Sincerely
Horatio Astrates

What will I miss the most about these Funds?

You and the other finest Investors. For me it's beyond business, it's satifsying relations with people I really feel good doing stuff with.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#271 - 2012-11-28 10:28:15 UTC
Shares buyback and dividends distribution should be complete and final.

If anybody finds discrepancies please let me know!
Antoine Desargues
Desargues TechnoSystems Co.
#272 - 2012-11-28 10:52:15 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

Another reason to move is that I got proposed an interesting job in a nice island. This means leaving this foggy, cold plains I currently live in and actually find a job. Here it's impossible, because before the 2008 crysis it'd take 2-3 years of constant tries to find a (worse) job but now it's just wishful thinking, everybody are closing down, banks don't loan a penny and so on and every single position I have applied to, has been rejected because they exclusively take people younger than 30 (there are fiscal discounts for doing that).

That's the worst, of course.... with no future (as we currently have also in Spain, even worst than Italy from what I can figure with my fellow Italians at job) Tobin Tax is only another nail in the coffin.... good luck in your new nice island!

A rivederci!
Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#273 - 2012-11-28 11:20:49 UTC
PlanetCorp wishes you well in your RL endeavours. Keep a mailing list for when you return, I'm sure we would invest again and more than the paltry 500 milllion we did this time.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Grombutz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#274 - 2012-11-28 12:32:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Grombutz
Isk received.

Good luck for your RL, and be sure that I will happily invest again if you ever consider to roll this thing up again.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#275 - 2012-11-28 13:41:26 UTC
Grombutz wrote:
Isk received.

Good luck for your RL, and be sure that I will happily invest again if you ever consider to roll this thing up again.

I am actually studying an improved business model already.

I have to come to accept that MD-ers don't really like to speculate and get involved a lot. They prefer to "buy and hold" and have someone else do the work for them, even if that means lower profits.

Furthermore I have noticed how critical is to enter in the markets at the right time. Despite > 5% (MINBSK) profits in about 2 weeks is quite big for a 100B investment, I could have done better if I could buy the stock when my analyses told me to. The paperwork, the inevitable delays caused by having so many people interacting and so on made me lose about 2 weeks. This costed 2-3% in potential profts and also made me miss the small ice products "peak".

This makes me think I have to setup a second hedge fund. They provide much less meta-fun but are more profit effective and don't require an exchange.

The big challenge will be: "how can I warn potential Investors there's a golden opportunity with 2 days of preadvice tops, and get 50B+ fast to exploit the opportunity?". With an hedge fund I cannot afford waiting for 1-2 weeks for money to come.
Towaoc
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#276 - 2012-11-28 14:36:51 UTC
Confirming receipt of original investments and dividends.

VV, best of luck with your RL endeavors! I suspect your move comes with mixed emotions - endless hours of work, frustrations, paths to dead ends trying to make your current situation work - hopefully you will find the move to be both exhilarating and rewarding! If the efforts you have put into advancing the investing and trade aspects of EVE are any indication of your drive for achievement in real life, there's no doubt that you will find great success with your move.

Thanks, also, for all of the efforts you have put into this and other EVE projects! Among the benefits, it has helped to showcase the level of interest in this kind of thing in the game. Hopefully that will help pave the way for future development of stock, bond and investing tools and resources in the game.

I look forward to your return and investing in your future projects!

Best regards,
Towaoc
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#277 - 2012-11-28 15:24:02 UTC
Funds recieved. Good luck in your new work and i look forwards to your next exchange.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Elegbara
White Wolf Enterprises
Harmonious Ascent
#278 - 2012-11-28 17:43:02 UTC
Isk received. Looking forward to next fund.

I was really going to place some buy orders after seeing first month's dividends. Sad that wouldn't happen.

Open your eyes. And awaken.

Dave stark
#279 - 2012-11-28 18:09:46 UTC
all the best, VV.
Huttan Funaila
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#280 - 2012-12-01 17:11:26 UTC
Isk received.

Thank you for the opportunity, and I'd be interested in any future projects you work on.

Good luck moving and setting up in your new home.