These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

VAHFT Mutual Funds - Initial Public Offering

Author
Irken Slushk
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#201 - 2012-11-02 00:17:49 UTC
Hello all,

I have attempted to further simplify VV's wonderful creation i.e the VEMEX Exchange Google Doc.

The link is here and I think it will help people get on board with buying and selling. It is still incomplete but I plan on finishing it sometime tonight. Any criticism is welcome, do not hesitate.

VEMEX Guide
Antoine Desargues
Desargues TechnoSystems Co.
#202 - 2012-11-02 00:27:56 UTC
Sorry for the delay, just sent the ISK.
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#203 - 2012-11-02 04:08:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Graygor
Put me down for 250mil on both MINBSK and ICEBSK I can reserve if I am able to reserve them.

Isk sent to VEMEX marked with the following headlines:

250mil MINBSK Reservation

250mil ICEBSK Reservation

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Arancar Australis
Dead Sun Rising Enterprises
#204 - 2012-11-02 08:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Arancar Australis
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
The next in line should be (please write down if you are NOT one of those who I gave shares already):

bob Patrouette - 250 mil in each of the closed funds
Kama Sutramax - 200 M MINBSK
Graygor - he can reserve 250mil for MINBSK and 250mil for ICEBSK
Arancar Australis - he can reserve 250mil for MINBSK 250mil for ICEBSK
Antoine Desargues - 100MISK for MINBSK 200MISK for ICEBSK
Dean Ozuwara - 250mil for MINBSK
Horatio Astrates - 2B ESYFND
Erialor Godsent - 200M ESYFND 200M MINBSK 200M ICEBSK
Samroski - 2.5B ESYFND
Eu Daimon - 500 mil in the simple fund 250 mil in each of the other four (but only 250M MINBSK and 250M ICEBSK can be accepted).

Hi VV,

If the 250 M for both MINSK and ICEBSK are still available, i'll gladly reserve them, as no shares have been received to myself. Also isk to be sent to the Vemex name correct?

Cheers,

AA
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#205 - 2012-11-02 09:16:21 UTC
Arancar Australis wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
The next in line should be (please write down if you are NOT one of those who I gave shares already):

bob Patrouette - 250 mil in each of the closed funds
Kama Sutramax - 200 M MINBSK
Graygor - he can reserve 250mil for MINBSK and 250mil for ICEBSK
Arancar Australis - he can reserve 250mil for MINBSK 250mil for ICEBSK
Dean Ozuwara - 250mil for MINBSK
Erialor Godsent - 200M ESYFND 200M MINBSK 200M ICEBSK
Samroski - 2.5B ESYFND
Eu Daimon - 500 mil in the simple fund 250 mil in each of the other four (but only 250M MINBSK and 250M ICEBSK can be accepted).

Hi VV,

If the 250 M for both MINSK and ICEBSK are still available, i'll gladly reserve them, as no shares have been received to myself. Also isk to be sent to the Vemex name correct?

Cheers,

AA

Yes, but please only send ISK after DT and after I post the list of the Investors who got the fill.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#206 - 2012-11-02 09:18:39 UTC
Spectre Wraith wrote:
Currently 00:00 IGT.
As per our discussion lastnight, if 1B in the T2BSK still remains, I'd like to reserve it. If the figure isn't correct, I may adjust it higher, or if what we discussed lastnight is no longer applicable, please let me know.

The T2BSK fund has been locked down, the only available reservations left are ESYFND, MINBSK and ICEBSK.
Spectre Wraith
Darwin Inc.
#207 - 2012-11-02 09:46:22 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Spectre Wraith wrote:
Currently 00:00 IGT.
As per our discussion lastnight, if 1B in the T2BSK still remains, I'd like to reserve it. If the figure isn't correct, I may adjust it higher, or if what we discussed lastnight is no longer applicable, please let me know.

The T2BSK fund has been locked down, the only available reservations left are ESYFND, MINBSK and ICEBSK.

Np.

Dear lord, please help me deal with the insufferable....

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#208 - 2012-11-02 11:01:56 UTC
The second round of reservations is over

Most of the Investors in the reserve list did not reply therefore I will post a list of those who did - and took precedence.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#209 - 2012-11-02 11:34:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Investors that took second chance priority:

Kama Sutramax - 200 M MINBSK => He already sent them.
Graygor - 250mil for MINBSK and 250mil for ICEBSK
Arancar Australis - 250mil for MINBSK 250mil for ICEBSK
Samroski - 200M ESYFND => There is not room for the 2.5B you wanted. Horatio Astrates reserved 2B on 2012.10.22 12:30 while you asked for reservation extension on 2012.10.22 20:35.

This leaves:

ESYFND FULL
MINBSK => 200M available
ICEBSK => 300M available

The next in line are:

Irken Slushk who reserved 2bn worth of the MINBSK and 2bn worth of the ICEBSK.
Spectre Wraith

Now, if Irken Slushk will accept just investing 200M MINBSK and 300M ICEBSK then he takes precedence.

If Irken won't take them, then there are me + Samroski (who could not get a full fill) and Spectre Wraith. Both did not specify they wanted MINBSK + ICEBSK though.

If neither of them will take those (still assuming Irken Slushk won't want them), then I will.
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#210 - 2012-11-02 11:42:41 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Investors that took second chance priority:

Kama Sutramax - 200 M MINBSK => He already sent them.
Graygor - 250mil for MINBSK and 250mil for ICEBSK
Samroski - 200M ESYFND => There is not room for the 2.5B you wanted. Horatio Astrates reserved 2B on 2012.10.22 12:30 while you asked for reservation extension on 2012.10.22 20:35.

This leaves:

ESYFND FULL
MINBSK => 200M available
ICEBSK => 300M available

The next in line are:

Irken Slushk who reserved 2bn worth of the MINBSK and 2bn worth of the ICEBSK.
Spectre Wraith

Now, if Irken Slushk will accept just investing 200M MINBSK and 300M ICEBSK then he takes precedence.

If Irken won't take them, then there are me + Samroski (who could not get a full fill) and Spectre Wraith. Both did not specify they wanted MINBSK + ICEBSK though.

If neither of them will take those (still assuming Irken Slushk won't want them), then I will.

Just checking, this does mean that I bought into 250mil on ICE and MINBSK successfully yes?

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#211 - 2012-11-02 11:59:08 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#212 - 2012-11-02 12:08:57 UTC
I'd like to remind possible further Investors that Market Makers have put a number of shares for sale on the Exchange, which as of now is operational.
Block Ukx
420 Enterprises.
#213 - 2012-11-02 12:13:42 UTC

Out of curiosity, why don’t you use the BSAC Stock Exchange to trade your shares?

I spent the last two years developing the Exchange and I have always been open about having others use it free of charge. You are missing the opportunity of taking advantage of the Exchange users. The BSAC Stock Exchange is a superb instrument to trade shares and it’s a shame that you have overlooked it.

Horatio Astrates
Liga der hessischen Gentlemen
#214 - 2012-11-02 12:20:08 UTC
Dear Miss Vahrokha!

In anticipation of fruitful further business relations I will rejoice. I confirm that I am now obliged. Though I must confess I am not able to fulfil my obligo within the next eight hours. Indeed I direct my accounting bureau to issue a contemporary transfer when terms and conditions are set.

Yours Sincerely
Horatio Astrates
Azorean
Perkone
Caldari State
#215 - 2012-11-02 12:56:18 UTC
Block Ukx wrote:

Out of curiosity, why don’t you use the BSAC Stock Exchange to trade your shares?

I spent the last two years developing the Exchange and I have always been open about having others use it free of charge. You are missing the opportunity of taking advantage of the Exchange users. The BSAC Stock Exchange is a superb instrument to trade shares and it’s a shame that you have overlooked it.

This...

I can honestly state that the Exchange is a fantastic tool of trade for me, very easy to use and is backed by very knowledgeable trusted people.

Not stating that VEMEX is not worthy or anything, however, it is much less evolved on the "user easy and/or friendly" part.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#216 - 2012-11-02 13:05:46 UTC
Block Ukx wrote:

For multiple reasons, beginning with your sparser and sparser EvE playing, your slowly disengaging from your funds etc. Not saying anything is wrong with that, but I need the guarantee to have a continued service.

Then I want to implement several features currently not available on BSAC and I don't have the heart to tell you to implement real time data feeds and similar for my future projects.

There are more reasons but ATM I don't have the time to list everything.
Block Ukx
420 Enterprises.
#217 - 2012-11-02 13:46:25 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

For multiple reasons, beginning with your sparser and sparser EvE playing, your slowly disengaging from your funds etc. Not saying anything is wrong with that, but I need the guarantee to have a continued service.

I have been away from eve the last 4 months due to personal reasons. Part of the reason of having a functional Exchange is that I don’t have to be present for people to trade. The fact that the Exchange has been running smoothly with my sparse presence is proof of that. I would like to point out that I have always been active enough to process withdrawals, and in some instances Posion has processed them. In fact any designated teller can process withdrawals requests.

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

Then I want to implement several features currently not available on BSAC and I don't have the heart to tell you to implement real time data feeds and similar for my future projects.

I think you have been too quick to discard my resolve. One of the reasons I want others to use the Exchange is so that I can improve on it. I would like to hear more about those data feeds and how to best implement them.

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

There are more reasons but ATM I don't have the time to list everything.

I welcome suggestions, so please list everything you like to see improve or implemented.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#218 - 2012-11-02 17:28:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Block Ukx wrote:

I have been away from eve the last 4 months due to personal reasons.

This does not exactly make me feel any more safer. I have to care for a number of Investors, a lot of care.

Block Ukx wrote:

I think you have been too quick to discard my resolve. One of the reasons I want others to use the Exchange is so that I can improve on it. I would like to hear more about those data feeds and how to best implement them.

I welcome suggestions, so please list everything you like to see improve or implemented.

1) The ESYFND needs a special kind of pricing where bid and sell are always equal.
2) ESYFND shares completely depend on the fund's real time calculated NAV. That NAV depends on wallet + underlying investments (bonds / IPOs etc) NAV + percentile based proportions off real time calculated Warehouse Containers sitting at Jita. Those containers hold MINBSK and the other funds underlying materials + each of those funds ISK wallet (they are not 100% invested) + each fund's specific escrow on market.
If this did not look complex enough, then each material that is bought ends in the "deliveries" hangar (some times 4-6B worth of stuff) and those materials all end together. The NAV calculator has also to discern them and add such value to each fund's NAV.
3) The above requires an EMDR daemon fetching current market values for the involved materials including duplicate and forged data sanitizing, plus a process fetching what's calculated in 2).
4) Investors as of now are not required to have any account open. IE if they want to buy 1000 shares they send 1000 x the purchase value and that's it.
Most importantly, if they sell 1000 shares, they receive the sale value sent to them, sale after sale, with no accumulation in a previously opened account. This was made to simplify their life (at the expense of mine).
This last point may have to change later but for now it's going like this.
5) Every fund has the option to just redeem shares (at a penalty, except ESYFND), so a special redeem option has to be added.
6) Funds profitability has also been designed with a fee structure in place (hedging the "bad months"), different for each fund, your Exchange has no such a feature.

It's easily man weeks worth of work or more, just to list 5 securities. Are you ready to do that? If so, you will be welcome.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#219 - 2012-11-02 17:35:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Investors that took second chance priority please send ISK ASAP, (it's affecting my funds NAVs calculations):

Failure to do so by tomorrow past DT will put Samroski and Irken Slushk back to the front line for their full amounts and the remainder will be picked by me.

I apologize for asking to be quick, the dividend is due at the beginning of December and I really need up to the last ISK to gather stock. We are in rising markets, the longer I wait, the worse deals I get, the higher the risk of buying high and then losing value we got.
Irken Slushk
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#220 - 2012-11-02 17:52:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Irken Slushk
I have sent the isk for the shares VV, thank you and keep up the great work. Everyone I talks to thinks this is an awesome idea and is something you and CCP should be proud of.