These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

VAHFT Mutual Funds - Initial Public Offering

Author
Nanatoa
#181 - 2012-10-31 09:32:01 UTC
What Val'Dore said, except it isn't really OCD as an OCD type person wouldn't write a 2400 word guide without mentioning to whom the evemail should be sent.

I'll gladly follow your rules and procedures to the letter, but please do spell them out to the letter if you expect them to be followed to the letter.

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#182 - 2012-10-31 13:39:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Confirming receipt of the following reservations:

Samroski as Market Maker
Graygor => Sent back the double ISK you sent.
Huttan Funaila
Rebecca Cairn
Irken Slushk as Market Maker
Dean Ozuwara
Rhat Dakota
Val'Dore on behalf of PlanetCorp InterStellar
Elegbara
Jadun
Towaoc
Vargan Armer
Amallya Trueshot
Grombutz
Grendell
TornSoul
Nanatoa
V'en
Kama Sutramax => He sent 200M too much, since (see beginning of thread) the reservations for MINBSK shares were all full when his reservation was posted. However if by October 31st 23:59:59 EvE some of the below Investors won't have sent ISK, his 200M reservation will become active and he'll receive the 200M in MINBSK he wanted. If they all send the ISK instead, I'll send the 200M back.

The following Investors have up to October 31st 23:59:59 EvE time to send ISK (else their reservation will be taken over by the next Investors in queue):

Mortimer Montague
Ford Chicago
Seth Quantix

Important: on November 2 after down time, the reservations are free for all, who will post here will get the spot in a first come - first served way.
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#183 - 2012-10-31 14:26:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Graygor
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
What's "OCD"?

Also, the number of rules is a tiny subset of what you'd get in a RL investment, I am simplifying it as much as I can. The biggest difference is that usually all you are "meant" to do IRL is to go to a bank and give money to a very well dressed dude who "does everything" for you.

End result, totally opaque investment, sometimes in securities with very (untold) high risk, taxable dividends slammed in your face to reduce those the fund should pay and so on.

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

And as someone who works in this world I can appreciate your streamlining the process and thank you for it even if it isn't exactly light reading. The amounts of loops, hoops and hurdles normally associated with funds and investments like this are a total pain in the arse, though for obvious reasons both a good and bad thing.

This way we can see what we're putting ourselves in for rather than having it presented in a 30 page+ contract in bible sized font of legalese and jargon. And having the man / woman opposite you saying "don't worry, just sign here and we'll take care of the rest!" And blowing it all on high risk ventures / using the funds to cover already failing funds and largely being incompetent. (Not that im bitter or anything Blink)

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#184 - 2012-10-31 15:10:27 UTC
Graygor wrote:

This way we can see what we're putting ourselves in for rather than having it presented in a 30 page+ contract in bible sized font of legalese and jargon. And having the man / woman opposite you saying "don't worry, just sign here and we'll take care of the rest!" And blowing it all on high risk ventures / using the funds to cover already failing funds and largely being incompetent. (Not that im bitter or anything Blink)

Not new but always a good read about failing funds and how high frequency trading can fail.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#185 - 2012-10-31 15:27:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Looks like I'll really have to code something automatic for the exchange, I am getting orders sent at the same time and who comes last risks bidding on orders that somebody else took before them (yet they are still displayed).

For now, when I am processing orders (usually happens past downtime and then later) I will put some message in the overview like:

"The exchange is processing orders, trading is enabled but you could bid on orders not present any more."

Another 2 things:

1) I have said earlier but I'll repeat again: MARKET orders are "immediate buy / dump at whatever is the current price". Therefore you may as well send an order with a zero in the price or leave it as is.... the important is that you understand that those are exactly like "simple" EvE orders (the little order window).

So, if you send a MARKET order set to 1,099,999 and the 1,099,999 is not there, you will get the next price in line.
If I see you sent the order when 1,099,999 was still displayed, I'll just return your money and a mail explaining the thing is not available any more (like EvE does). This expecially applies because you also send the exact 1,099,999 x Quantity ISK so I can't take the higher amount needed to clear the next priced order.

2) When selling, please do not send the fee ISK in advance. It will be auto... ehm manually Cry calculated and deducted from the sale revenue. This also helps you keep your ISK in your hands till the sale actually happens.
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2012-10-31 15:52:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Graygor
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

Not new but always a good read about failing funds and how high frequency trading can fail.

Oh good old Goldman... I remember when this happened and how good I felt for being involved in simpler things such as telling people why investing all their money in long term, high risk investments and venture projects in volatile parts of the world probably isn't a good idea.

High five for Einstein being proved right about the limitless bounds of human stupidity.

Right thread back on topic.

Regarding the processing, I think the proviso "The exchange is processing orders, trading is enabled but you could bid on orders not present any more." should work for now. Obviously with your flu, work, life etc I doubt we'll see an automated process any time soon. Though I dont have a programming background so I maybe wrong but it seems complicated to a layman such as myself.

About the selling in point 2.

Quote:
2) When selling, please do not send the fee ISK in advance. It will be auto... ehm manually calculated and deducted from the sale revenue. This also helps you keep your ISK in your hands till the sale actually happens.

Does this mean for sellers, they will receive an invoice for how much they should send and prompting them when to send the isk?

Edit

Disregard the last bit i misread it where you would deduct the fees yourself.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#187 - 2012-11-01 12:36:06 UTC
The following Investors did not send ISK within October 31st 23:59:59 EvE time and therefore their reservations are now void:

Mortimer Montague
Ford Chicago
Seth Quantix

There are now the following amounts open for taking:

ESYFND => 2.2B
MINBSK => 2B
ICEBSK => 2B
Irken Slushk
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#188 - 2012-11-01 12:49:00 UTC
I would like to purchase 2bn worth of the MINBSK and 2bn worth of the ICEBSK please.

I'll send isk shortly when I return home.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#189 - 2012-11-01 12:49:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
I hereby reserve by myself:

2.2B in ESYFND
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#190 - 2012-11-01 12:50:47 UTC
********* RESERVATIONS ARE OVER **********
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#191 - 2012-11-01 12:51:42 UTC
Irken Slushk wrote:
I would like to purchase 2bn worth of the MINBSK and 2bn worth of the ICEBSK please.

I'll send isk shortly when I return home.

Ok, but they are not from a Market Maker pool, so you'll have to send the full 2 + 2 B.
Samroski
Middle-Earth
#192 - 2012-11-01 13:30:54 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Confirming receipt of the following reservations:

Samroski as Market Maker
Graygor => Sent back the double ISK you sent.
Huttan Funaila
Rebecca Cairn
Irken Slushk as Market Maker
Dean Ozuwara
Rhat Dakota
Val'Dore on behalf of PlanetCorp InterStellar
Elegbara
Jadun
Towaoc
Vargan Armer
Amallya Trueshot
Grombutz
Grendell
TornSoul
Nanatoa
V'en
Kama Sutramax => He sent 200M too much, since (see beginning of thread) the reservations for MINBSK shares were all full when his reservation was posted. However if by October 31st 23:59:59 EvE some of the below Investors won't have sent ISK, his 200M reservation will become active and he'll receive the 200M in MINBSK he wanted. If they all send the ISK instead, I'll send the 200M back.

The following Investors have up to October 31st 23:59:59 EvE time to send ISK (else their reservation will be taken over by the next Investors in queue):

Mortimer Montague
Ford Chicago
Seth Quantix

Important: on November 2 after down time, the reservations are free for all, who will post here will get the spot in a first come - first served way.

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
The following Investors did not send ISK within October 31st 23:59:59 EvE time and therefore their reservations are now void:

Mortimer Montague
Ford Chicago
Seth Quantix

There are now the following amounts open for taking:

ESYFND => 2.2B
MINBSK => 2B
ICEBSK => 2B

Isn't there a queue? Weren't reservations going to be open after DT on Nov 2?
iirc I'm in the queue for ESYFUND, and there are probably a few before me.
Maybe I've missed something....

Any colour you like.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#193 - 2012-11-01 13:41:45 UTC
Samroski wrote:
Isn't there a queue? Weren't reservations going to be open after DT on Nov 2?
iirc I'm in the queue for ESYFUND, and there are probably a few before me.
Maybe I've missed something....

Yes there is.

In fact I reserved 2.2B in ESYFND but of course the reservation queues after the others.

Irken Slushk too wants to buy the shares but will have to wait till Nov 2 like me, i.e. he should not send ISK until instructed to do so.
Horatio Astrates
Liga der hessischen Gentlemen
#194 - 2012-11-01 13:44:56 UTC
Dear Miss Vahrokha!

Thank you for your efforts.
Probably you would like to take my reservation from 2012.10.22 12:30 in account?

Yours Sincerely
Horatio Astrates
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#195 - 2012-11-01 13:57:09 UTC
The next in line should be (please write down if you are NOT one of those who I gave shares already):

bob Patrouette - 250 mil in each of the closed funds
Kama Sutramax - 200 M MINBSK
Graygor - he can reserve 250mil for MINBSK and 250mil for ICEBSK
Arancar Australis - he can reserve 250mil for MINBSK 250mil for ICEBSK
Antoine Desargues - 100MISK for MINBSK 200MISK for ICEBSK
Dean Ozuwara - 250mil for MINBSK
Horatio Astrates - 2B ESYFND
Erialor Godsent - 200M ESYFND 200M MINBSK 200M ICEBSK
Samroski - 2.5B ESYFND
Eu Daimon - 500 mil in the simple fund 250 mil in each of the other four (but only 250M MINBSK and 250M ICEBSK can be accepted).
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#196 - 2012-11-01 13:57:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Horatio Astrates wrote:
Dear Miss Vahrokha!

Thank you for your efforts.
Probably you would like to take my reservation from 2012.10.22 12:30 in account?

Yours Sincerely
Horatio Astrates

Yes you are still in the list, I was preparing it while you posted.
Tomorrow after DT if shares are still available you'll get your fill depending on what's left.

@Samroski

The reason I closed reservations only today is to make sure I'd anyway would fill the funds. In fact starting with below 100B makes the future funds maths a true pain. Today is when I received ISK back from a person and therefore I can add myself to the queue so there's no risk the shares would go deserted.
Antoine Desargues
Desargues TechnoSystems Co.
#197 - 2012-11-01 14:50:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Antoine Desargues
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
The next in line should be (please write down if you are NOT one of those who I gave shares already):

bob Patrouette - 250 mil in each of the closed funds
Kama Sutramax - 200 M MINBSK
Graygor - he can reserve 250mil for MINBSK and 250mil for ICEBSK
Arancar Australis - he can reserve 250mil for MINBSK 250mil for ICEBSK
Antoine Desargues - 100MISK for MINBSK 200MISK for ICEBSK
Dean Ozuwara - 250mil for MINBSK
Horatio Astrates - 2B ESYFND
Erialor Godsent - 200M ESYFND 200M MINBSK 200M ICEBSK
Samroski - 2.5B ESYFND
Eu Daimon - 500 mil in the simple fund 250 mil in each of the other four (but only 250M MINBSK and 250M ICEBSK can be accepted).

As there is enough buffer remaining in both Funds to take the reservations of the investors ahead of myself in the queue, I pledge my commitment to subscribe MINBSK & ICEBSK in behalf of Desargues Investments Ltd.; this evening I'll send the 300MISK.

Yours,
Antoine.
Towaoc
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#198 - 2012-11-01 18:51:00 UTC
Vaerah, congratulations on a successful offering!

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Looks like I'll really have to code something automatic for the exchange...

An automated system would be awesome.

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
I have said earlier but I'll repeat again: MARKET orders are "immediate buy / dump at whatever is the current price...

I admit that I'm a bit confused on your order types, in particular, the Stop Order. With simple equity trading (no need to get into complex order strategies at this point) I'm accustomed to using four order types:

Market Order - Very simple, as you've defined, an order to immediately buy or sell at whatever price is currently asked or offered. Simple and straightforward, but possibly of limited value until such time as your book fills with a nice stack of buy and sell orders and daily volume picks up.

Limit Order - An order to buy or sell at a stated price or better, with the order being good over a specified time, such as "Good 'Til Canceled" (GTC) or "Day" orders. This perhaps would be the most important order type to have in place initially to help build a book and to help promote trading volume.

As the market establishes itself, it might be valuable to add:

Stop Loss Order A order to sell shares at the market price if the market price of the shares drops below a stated price, also with a stated time in force, such as GTC or Day. As the name implies, this order allows the shareholder to place an order in advance to sell, where the order is acted on only if the share price drops to a certain level, helping the shareholder to minimize losses in the event that shares enter an unanticipated downtrend. This order type, of course, works in reverse for "short" positions, should short selling become available.

Stop Limit Order Same as Stop Loss order, except that if the market price of the shares drops below a stated price, an order is automatically entered to sell shares at a stated limit price rather than at the market price.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#199 - 2012-11-01 23:40:53 UTC
I wanted to start simple (you see, it's easy to go overly complex in these things).

A reference to the orders I am using is at Babypips.com, a website I have cited many times as a "first one stop shop" place where everyone can learn the basics. It's like the EvE University of finance.

This is the relevant page listing orders I have implemented or will implement with automation aid. Doing some of these orders in manual is just too time consuming.
Spectre Wraith
Darwin Inc.
#200 - 2012-11-02 00:01:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Spectre Wraith
Currently 00:00 IGT.
As per our discussion lastnight, if 1B in the T2BSK still remains, I'd like to reserve it. If the figure isn't correct, I may adjust it higher, or if what we discussed lastnight is no longer applicable, please let me know.

Dear lord, please help me deal with the insufferable....