These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Tessellation Effects

Author
ctx2007
Industrial Mining and Mayhem HS
Mayhem Unlimited
#1 - 2012-10-21 02:38:58 UTC
Ok guys time to bring it on Big smile I,m ready for you. Just upgraded the graphics card to the Nvidia GTX 670.

Remember this guys and girls http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/eve-online-physx-and-directx-11-tessellation-effects-demonstrated/

So CCP its game on Twisted bring the bad mama on.

Discuss Big smile

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-10-21 02:45:23 UTC
Soon

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Oberine Noriepa
#3 - 2012-10-21 03:49:15 UTC
I recently upgraded to a GTX 670 as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing the completion of the V3 and DX11 projects. Smile

Just Lilly
#4 - 2012-10-21 06:33:41 UTC
GTX 690 reporting in. o7

Let the assimilation begin...Cool
Powered by Nvidia GTX 690
Solhild
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-10-21 08:18:55 UTC
I have a 570 but will add a 680 at some point. The 570 can stay on for dedicated PhysX duties like those those new collisions Shocked
Arduemont
The State of War.
#6 - 2012-10-21 08:40:20 UTC
Just Lilly wrote:
GTX 690 reporting in. o7

Let the assimilation begin...Cool


BEAST!

I'm getting an Windforce edition GTX 670 for Christmas and I am going to be using my current GTX 460 for running the Nvidia Physics engine separately.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#7 - 2012-10-21 08:41:19 UTC

See you in 7 years, after POS revamp & Ring mining. By then your current card is most likely retired. Blink

Quote:
Having whipped the crowd into a frenzy, Tony and Halldor dropped a bomb: these additions aren’t a done deal. Explaining, it was revealed that it would take approximately five ‘man years’ of work to upgrade the entire game to this level of fidelity; less than the fifty it took to create the much-lauded ‘Trinity’ graphics update, but still a considerable amount. Ultimately, the decision on whether to implement these features is up to the players – CCP wants to hear from the fans, and based on their comments CCP will decide whether to proceed with the upgrade. Going by the audience’s reaction at Fanfest it’s what the most dedicated of fans want, so let’s hope the rest do too.


Azrin Stella Oerndotte
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-10-21 11:41:04 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:

See you in 7 years, after POS revamp & Ring mining. By then your current card is most likely retired. Blink

Quote:
Having whipped the crowd into a frenzy, Tony and Halldor dropped a bomb: these additions aren’t a done deal. Explaining, it was revealed that it would take approximately five ‘man years’ of work to upgrade the entire game to this level of fidelity; less than the fifty it took to create the much-lauded ‘Trinity’ graphics update, but still a considerable amount. Ultimately, the decision on whether to implement these features is up to the players – CCP wants to hear from the fans, and based on their comments CCP will decide whether to proceed with the upgrade. Going by the audience’s reaction at Fanfest it’s what the most dedicated of fans want, so let’s hope the rest do too.




Yeah, because it totally took 50 years to create trinity Roll
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#9 - 2012-10-21 11:42:50 UTC
Azrin Stella Oerndotte wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:

See you in 7 years, after POS revamp & Ring mining. By then your current card is most likely retired. Blink

Quote:
Having whipped the crowd into a frenzy, Tony and Halldor dropped a bomb: these additions aren’t a done deal. Explaining, it was revealed that it would take approximately five ‘man years’ of work to upgrade the entire game to this level of fidelity; less than the fifty it took to create the much-lauded ‘Trinity’ graphics update, but still a considerable amount. Ultimately, the decision on whether to implement these features is up to the players – CCP wants to hear from the fans, and based on their comments CCP will decide whether to proceed with the upgrade. Going by the audience’s reaction at Fanfest it’s what the most dedicated of fans want, so let’s hope the rest do too.




Yeah, because it totally took 50 years to create trinity Roll


Man years. :)

AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#10 - 2012-10-21 11:45:29 UTC
Is it just me, or does Halldor sound like Alan Alda?

Forget the accent, just focus on the sound of his voice...I keep expecting him to say something like "we got inbound wounded!"

AK

This space for rent.

AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#11 - 2012-10-21 11:47:03 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:


Yeah, because it totally took 50 years to create trinity Roll


Man years. :)

[/quote]

What's the ratio of man years to woman years?

AK

This space for rent.

BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#12 - 2012-10-21 11:50:30 UTC  |  Edited by: BuckStrider
AlleyKat wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:


Yeah, because it totally took 50 years to create trinity Roll


Man years. :)


What's the ratio of man years to woman years?

AK



Two breasts and worn knees

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-10-21 11:52:06 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Just Lilly wrote:
GTX 690 reporting in. o7

Let the assimilation begin...Cool


BEAST!

I'm getting an Windforce edition GTX 670 for Christmas and I am going to be using my current GTX 460 for running the Nvidia Physics engine separately.



I'm interested in this, can you explain "how to" for dumb? (never used SLI)

brb

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-10-21 11:53:21 UTC
AlleyKat wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:


Yeah, because it totally took 50 years to create trinity Roll


Man years. :)



What's the ratio of man years to woman years?

AK[/quote]
7:1

Someone will get this I promise.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-10-21 11:53:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Zagdul
Quote:
AlleyKat wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:


Yeah, because it totally took 50 years to create trinity Roll


Man years. :)



What's the ratio of man years to woman years?

AK

1:7

Someone will get this I swear.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Arec Bardwin
#16 - 2012-10-21 12:40:33 UTC
BuckStrider wrote:
AlleyKat wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:

Yeah, because it totally took 50 years to create trinity Roll


Man years. :)

What's the ratio of man years to woman years?

AK
Two breasts and worn knees
You forgot about man boobs.
Arduemont
The State of War.
#17 - 2012-10-21 12:52:57 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Arduemont wrote:
Just Lilly wrote:
GTX 690 reporting in. o7

Let the assimilation begin...Cool


BEAST!

I'm getting an Windforce edition GTX 670 for Christmas and I am going to be using my current GTX 460 for running the Nvidia Physics engine separately.



I'm interested in this, can you explain "how to" for dumb? (never used SLI)


Now, I've not actually done it yet myself. I just know that it's possible. So long as "If you intend to use an NVIDIA supported graphics card as a dedicated PhysX card, the other graphics cards in the system must also use an NVIDIA GPU."

Here's the Nvidia PhysX page - http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/physx/faq

This wouldn't actually be SLI, but basically SLI means getting two identical cards to share the workload, and its as simple as getting two identical cards, plugging them together using an SLI cable and then installing the drivers. Done.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Aziesta
Dark Tech Inc
#18 - 2012-10-21 13:20:27 UTC
ctx2007 wrote:
Ok guys time to bring it on Big smile I,m ready for you. Just upgraded the graphics card to the Nvidia GTX 670.

Remember this guys and girls http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/eve-online-physx-and-directx-11-tessellation-effects-demonstrated/

So CCP its game on Twisted bring the bad mama on.

Discuss Big smile

Thank god! They've been waiting for you to upgrade before putting this out. Now they can finally proceed!
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#19 - 2012-10-21 14:20:12 UTC
Just Lilly wrote:
GTX 690 reporting in. o7


GTS450 running away terrified of overheating. o7

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Mai Khumm
172.0.0.1
#20 - 2012-10-21 14:27:36 UTC
Just Lilly wrote:
GTX 690 reporting in. o7

Let the assimilation begin...Cool

2 x 560ti waiting.....(one of them was free.)
12Next page