These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How Would You Change Nullsec?

Author
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#101 - 2012-10-21 00:41:44 UTC
sent in massive jove fleet to clean shiet up clean.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2012-10-21 00:42:51 UTC
i would actually like to place a bounty on Touval Lysander with the new system coming up, so sad he's an NPC alt :(

Oh, CCP would you please expand the block user functionality so that i don't have to read replies to shitpostings ?
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2012-10-21 00:53:25 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
Andski wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
Maybe you could try building MORE stations in your space.

we could fill an entire region with upgraded outposts and we'd still have less slots than some hisec systems

thank you for your valuable npc alt insights on 0.0 logistics

You err.... overlooked the POS...

The MORE stations was a poke in the chest.

Using a POS - like most do - is a poke at your brain. But there was NO COMMENT....

You make it far too easy. Roll

When was the last time you tried to do any large-scale production (i.e. freighters worth of BS manufacturing every day, all the mods used in the fit, etc) in a POS?

Touval Lysander wrote:
I'm not the highsec char hiding behind a 0.0 alt. Coward.

Says the buttmad NPC corp poster. vOv

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#104 - 2012-10-21 00:59:44 UTC
The best change for null would be to add space.

"What space?", you ask.

I'm glad you asked. The space currently occupied by that boil on New Eden's ass known as low sec. And toss high sec a bone. Give them the 0.4 space.

Mr Epeen Cool
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#105 - 2012-10-21 01:02:39 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
Andski wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
Maybe you could try building MORE stations in your space.

we could fill an entire region with upgraded outposts and we'd still have less slots than some hisec systems

thank you for your valuable npc alt insights on 0.0 logistics

You err.... overlooked the POS...

The MORE stations was a poke in the chest.

Using a POS - like most do - is a poke at your brain. But there was NO COMMENT....

You make it far too easy. Roll

When was the last time you tried to do any large-scale production (i.e. freighters worth of BS manufacturing every day, all the mods used in the fit, etc) in a POS?

Touval Lysander wrote:
I'm not the highsec char hiding behind a 0.0 alt. Coward.

Says the buttmad NPC corp poster. vOv

I built caps in lowsec - at a POS.
I built thousands of mods - in a POS.
I built many freighters/Orcas - in a POS.
I researched/buffed billions of isk worth of BPO's - at a POS.

EVERYTHING I can build/research in highsec I can do in 0.0 - AND more.

Indy is not suffering in 0.0 because of a lack of infrastructure - it's lack of DESIRE. Period.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2012-10-21 01:03:19 UTC
Gilbaron wrote:
i would actually like to place a bounty on Touval Lysander with the new system coming up, so sad he's an NPC alt :(

Oh, CCP would you please expand the block user functionality so that i don't have to read replies to shitpostings ?

You can still place the bounty on him specifically, but I'd call that a waste of isk, spend your money on more productive things.

RIP Vile Rat

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#107 - 2012-10-21 01:16:22 UTC
Gilbaron wrote:

What would you like me to call my new corp?

"0.0 - pull your heads in and stop whining"?

If you think you gotta pay a bounty tough guy, then I'm flattered.

Just proves not all PvP has to be done with a gun.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#108 - 2012-10-21 01:19:25 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:

You can still place the bounty on him specifically, but I'd call that a waste of isk, spend your money on more productive things.

This ^^^

1) Like a POS in 0.0 to build stuff.
2) A pimped PvE fit to tackle 0.0 rats, belts, anoms, sigs and Level 5 missions.
3) Or you can just whine some more.

Fix null? Remove the whiners.

Christopher Scott
#109 - 2012-10-21 01:38:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Christopher Scott
I think nullsec space should be more like WH space. I think that's kind of what CCP wanted to do all along, but were possibly too afraid to make such drastic changes in fear of blowback by the community. Nullsec doesn't have to be exactly like WH space, but it should borrow a lot of design cues:

• Gates should not be physical. Who builds a bunch of gates and then abandons them? Story aside, it's just silly. Even if you simply replaced gates with wormholes, and left all the mechanics the same, it would still make more sense than having a bunch of random abandoned gates in lawless space that are untouchable.

• Space travel should be more dynamic. The options for circumventing jump gates are too restrictive. Imagine if you could scan down a short-range wormhole that bridges two normally unconnected systems together within a constellation. Imagine if gate camping were less effective because there were more alternative, somewhat random paths available for others to take. It would be more difficult for an alliance to hold entire regions of space by blockading a handful of systems. I think it would shift the battlefronts of territorial warfare towards the staked territory, and less towards the choke points that are 10 jumps away.

• Passive local chat. I think this just makes more sense. Nullsec is dangerous, lawless space. Yet somehow, everyone knows when you're in system because the abandoned-yet-invulnerable jumpgate is also a blabber mouth. P I think passive local chat is more immersive and provides better tactical gameplay. I also think that it opens up a lot of new areas for improvement, like active/passive scanners on your ship, signature stealth, and Starbase structures that provide system-wide scanning and alert systems.

• Make territory warfare more lucrative, not more expansive. I think one of the problems with territory warfare is that most of the territory is junk and not really worth taking. This leads to alliances holding large regions of space for only a handful of systems. I think territory warfare should focus on the planet/moon level and not the system/region level. Every moon should be lucrative, and claiming all moons around a planet should give amazing bonuses. Holding an entire system with all planets and moons should be an epic achievement with incredible bonuses and perks to build special structures. Even the most major alliances should be content with simply holding an entire constellation. Holding an entire region of space should be a monumental group effort by a coalition of multiple alliances, not something a single alliance can do by bubbling a few gates.

My 0.02 ISK. I think those changes alone would make EVE a much more incredible game!
Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#110 - 2012-10-21 01:44:17 UTC
seriously if you want to remove gates from nullsec and change the way nullsec local works to a wormhole-like local, then go to wormholes

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#111 - 2012-10-21 01:45:25 UTC
Christopher Scott wrote:
Holding an entire region of space should be a monumental group effort by a coalition of multiple alliances

They have.

Quote:
not something a single alliance can do by bubbling a few gates.

They can't.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2012-10-21 01:49:53 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:

So your suggestion for working around CCP's ****** design is to require everyone to have their own corp, or for everyone to have POS roles (with the subsequent theft problem), instead of having CCP make it so nullsec stations have more slots of everything and a refinery, all of which is public and requires nothing except the proper standings.

I like your ideas and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

(No, I don't, get out.)

RIP Vile Rat

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2012-10-21 01:56:54 UTC
I could make a public tender. 500 million ISK to whoever gives me the real ingame characters of the guy.

I could then place a nice bounty on his head. for shitposting (btw: is there a reason tab in the new bounty hunting? there should be one....)
Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#114 - 2012-10-21 02:10:54 UTC
Gilbaron wrote:
I could make a public tender. 500 million ISK to whoever gives me the real ingame characters of the guy.

I could then place a nice bounty on his head. for shitposting (btw: is there a reason tab in the new bounty hunting? there should be one....)

if i find it can you just put that 500m towards his bounty instead

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2012-10-21 02:26:09 UTC
sure. you would have to provide some proof though, after all, you are -10 to me and i therefore can't really trust you. i hope you understand that ...
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#116 - 2012-10-21 02:37:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Touval Lysander
Gilbaron wrote:

Just registered new corp. Just for you. Place bounty and wardec. PLEASE.....

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#117 - 2012-10-21 02:45:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Touval Lysander
Lord Zim wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:

So your suggestion for working around CCP's ****** design is to require everyone to have their own corp, or for everyone to have POS roles (with the subsequent theft problem), instead of having CCP make it so nullsec stations have more slots of everything and a refinery, all of which is public and requires nothing except the proper standings.

(No, I don't, get out.)

It's BS Zim.

You CAN setup and operate your OWN POS inside ANY corp - using an fn password ya dufus!

The ALLIANCE RULES says you need GROUP passwords so you can't.

Just like you CAN use a refinery at a POS but most alliances DEMAND station refine for the "war chest".

Again. ALLIANCE control is the issue.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2012-10-21 02:56:40 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:

(No, I don't, get out.)

It's BS Zim.

You CAN setup and operate your OWN POS inside the corp - using an fn password ya dufus!

The ALLIANCE RULES says you need GROUP passwords so you can't.

- Requires POS roles, check
- Requires a fairly hefty investment to begin with
- Is a massive hassle, check
- Costs a lot more to run, check
- Is incapable of making as many things in one run as a station is, check
- Is limited by the number of moons, check

Soooo ... we're looking at a gaming world where 0.5% refinery tax is enough to get people to expend the time and energy to compress ore to send to hisec to refine and sell, and you think adding anything from 144k/hour to 632k/hour running costs, per tower, is going to even factor into it, anywhere?

Puff puff pass, dude, you be smokin' the strong stuff.

RIP Vile Rat

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#119 - 2012-10-21 03:01:20 UTC
CCP should just remove the 1 per system cap on stations so we can create big circlejerk rings of stations with overlapping undocks so that the game ***** itself whenever a dread decides to pop out.

That, or let us place stations anywhere. Like surrounding gates. The ultimate bomber net.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#120 - 2012-10-21 03:06:31 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

- Requires POS roles, check
- Requires a fairly hefty investment to begin with
- Is a massive hassle, check
- Costs a lot more to run, check
- Is incapable of making as many things in one run as a station is, check
- Is limited by the number of moons, check

1) Corp issue. Alliance neccessity of group passwords on POS's make this a problem it doesn't need to be.
2) Highseccers do it all the time. C'mon 200m or so?
3) Lazy SOB. Highseccers do it all the time.
4) Even solo highseccers do it all the time no problems with low-yield ice and PI.
5) A POS easily accommodates the limit of personal build slots. (10 as a maxed char) Nothing to do with stations.
6) Alliance issue. Half the time people won't settle for a crap moon just to build stuff.

The problem is about control at the highest levels. Not ability to do so. Always been that way.

Yes, I agree, POS roles etc. COULD be much better but it ISN'T a reason for it not being able to be done.