These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Kill rights question... (answered via dev: YES killrights will carry over to Retribution)

First post
Author
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#21 - 2012-10-16 01:16:20 UTC
Well, unlike bounties, the route to acquire kill rights wont change. So I don't see why they would be reset like bounties would be. But yeah, only CCP can answer as they haven't covered that little detail in any posts I've seen.
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#22 - 2012-10-16 02:28:16 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Well, unlike bounties, the route to acquire kill rights wont change.
What do you mean by this? Kill rights are going to be front loaded now (so you get them whether the target shoots back or not, and even if you don't destroy them) and in low-sec will only be for pod kills.
I think they should be reset simply because most low-sec kill rights under the old system wouldn't even exist under the new one. But that's for CCP to decide, and until a dev says otherwise, I'll just assume the old kill rights will remain.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#23 - 2012-10-16 02:31:04 UTC
Grumpymunky wrote:
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Well, unlike bounties, the route to acquire kill rights wont change.
What do you mean by this? Kill rights are going to be front loaded now (so you get them whether the target shoots back or not, and even if you don't destroy them) and in low-sec will only be for pod kills.
I think they should be reset simply because most low-sec kill rights under the old system wouldn't even exist under the new one. But that's for CCP to decide, and until a dev says otherwise, I'll just assume the old kill rights will remain.

Assumptions can be hazardous to your pod Blink

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Amber Accelerando
One Point 0
#24 - 2012-10-16 02:54:16 UTC
Why don't you wait and see?
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#25 - 2012-10-16 02:54:41 UTC
Gogela wrote:

Assumptions can be hazardous to your pod Blink

Aye. missed the pod kill change in low. Still, haven't changed me not seeing anything about killmail re-set.
Though I think more would be getting off the hook from highsec ship attack changes than those who get stuck with a KR after only killing the ship in low before the change.
Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#26 - 2012-10-16 03:33:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
x

Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#27 - 2012-10-23 17:55:45 UTC
Just wanted to update anyone who cared to follow this... answer is in OP.

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#28 - 2012-10-23 17:59:57 UTC
I'm sure.... I've seen a post somewhere saying all Killrights disappear in the incoming patch...

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Reticle
Sight Picture
#29 - 2012-10-23 18:00:06 UTC
I'm not sure he actually did answer the question. He says "character data should persist..."

It would be nice if Team Superfriends posted a simple yes or no, perhaps sometime between their playful replies to other threads.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#30 - 2012-10-23 18:04:27 UTC
The "aggression FU" and the tears going both ways will be epic.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#31 - 2012-10-23 18:21:27 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
I'm sure.... I've seen a post somewhere saying all Killrights disappear in the incoming patch...

Man... I poured through everything I could find... CSM minutes cover to cover a few times, bloggers talking about EvE Vegas and other dev appearances, interviews, Q&A, EvE radio shows, devblogs, and any forum post where a dev said so much as "wat", and I couldn't find the answer... so I submitted a very detailed petition (that took a long time to answer, btw... usually they are very quick) so I'd imagine they asked around quite a bit) and that's the answer I got.

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#32 - 2012-10-23 18:22:43 UTC
Ack it was on a Thread on GD I can't remember if it was DEV or GM post....

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Azura Solus
Rules of Acquisition
#33 - 2012-10-24 11:23:34 UTC
Gogela wrote:
So if you get ganked in empire and have a 30 day killright on someone a day before the winter patch, will that disappear with the new killrights-purchasing system?

Edit: Sorry, just wanted to be clear about what is being asked here because some seem to have confusion about it... maybe I worded it poorly so let me try again:

OK. The expansion (Retribution) comes out on the 5th of December (probably) and with it comes the ability to sell your killrights to other players. This is NOT the bounty system. This is selling a killright.

So put yourself in this situation: It is December 2nd (before the expansion is released) and you are flying through empire in an unfit Badger. You enter a .5 sec system and are ganked by 2 (badly fit) Tornados. At this point you will get killrights, which last for 30 days, on the two pilots piloting those Tornados. On December 6th (AFTER the expansion is released) you log in again. Do you or do you not still have killrights on those two Tornado pilots? Were those killrights deleted when the expansion was applied and the new killrights system implemented, or do you still have the killrights, which can now be sold?

ANSWERED!
GM Ukulele wrote:
Kill rights, along with any other character data, should persist from expansion to expansion.

The reason I asked was b/c I thought it might be fun and profitable to create and alt and send his pod on dangerous autopilot paths at work over and over again in lowsec. When the expansion hits he can cash in and enjoy some lulz. Big smile

you sir are a mad genius :)
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-10-24 11:27:04 UTC
Does this means we should start gank our alts to sell kill rights after expansion?

Buy order: shuttles Lol

brb

Reticle
Sight Picture
#35 - 2012-10-24 13:41:05 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Alice Saki wrote:

Man... I poured through everything I could find... CSM minutes cover to cover a few times, bloggers talking about EvE Vegas and other dev appearances, interviews, Q&A, EvE radio shows, devblogs, and any forum post where a dev said so much as "wat", and I couldn't find the answer... so I submitted a very detailed petition (that took a long time to answer, btw... usually they are very quick) so I'd imagine they asked around quite a bit) and that's the answer I got.

What you're thinking of is where it said that all Bounties would end when they rolled out Retribution.
Kryxal
Wing Born Echos
#36 - 2012-10-24 15:32:45 UTC
Honestly, I wouldn't expect kill rights on low-sec pirates to be that useful. The kill rights worth having will be on suicide gankers, and you won't be getting those any way but being good value to suicide gank...
Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#37 - 2012-10-24 17:44:02 UTC
Reticle wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Alice Saki wrote:

What you're thinking of is where it said that all Bounties would end when they rolled out Retribution.

Alice Saki might have thought that... I remember CCP saying that several times. Hell it's in the devblog. Killrights are another matter and I challenge anyone to find a past post where they said something about it. I was clear that I was talking about killrights in my petition.

Reticle
Sight Picture
#38 - 2012-10-24 20:01:26 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Reticle wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Alice Saki wrote:

Alice Saki might have thought that... I remember CCP saying that several times. Hell it's in the devblog. Killrights are another matter and I challenge anyone to find a past post where they said something about it. I was clear that I was talking about killrights in my petition.

I never saw anything related to kill rights ending. However, the GM's response was... let's call it "uninspiring." GM's should not be giving answers with the word "should" in them. It either is the case or it isn't, they need to ******* find out for sure and change their answer to "will" or "will not." I still don't understand what is stopping Punkturis and friends from posting a direct response in this thread. They seem more than willing to post in other threads.
Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#39 - 2012-10-24 20:08:39 UTC
Reticle wrote:

I never saw anything related to kill rights ending. However, the GM's response was... let's call it "uninspiring." GM's should not be giving answers with the word "should" in them. It either is the case or it isn't, they need to ******* find out for sure and change their answer to "will" or "will not." I still don't understand what is stopping Punkturis and friends from posting a direct response in this thread. They seem more than willing to post in other threads.

You are preaching to the choir mang... couldn't agree more.

CCP Tallest
C C P
C C P Alliance
#40 - 2012-10-25 10:58:30 UTC
Gogela wrote:
So if you get ganked in empire and have a 30 day killright on someone a day before the winter patch, will that disappear with the new killrights-purchasing system?

Kill rights created before the patch will exist after the patch and will use the new kill right functionality.

[b]★ EVE Game Designer ★ ♥ Team Super Friends ♥[/b]

Previous page123Next page