These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Is EVE too dark, visually?

Author
ACESsiggy
Pandemic Horde Inc.
#41 - 2012-10-14 05:48:48 UTC
Yes the game is dark and needs some color..... at least add some to high sec.

“The open-minded see the truth in different things: the narrow-minded see only the differences.”

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#42 - 2012-10-14 07:38:33 UTC
I think the game is not dark enough.

Consider that the further from the sun you get, the less light. But the light in any solar system in game is constant.

Next consider that it would be more "neat" if the lights on our ships were at times the only thing showing anything.

Since the make space so good looking in the game, it would be only a good fit to make the lighting match the conditions.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Meogeo
Devious Relations
#43 - 2012-10-14 07:58:47 UTC
I have been with Eve since 2004, and I personally find Eve OK, if you want to look at your ship then dock up in the station or hit the brightness and contrast button, come on folks why would you want to whinge about this superb game being to dark, your in space, space is dark, next thing ccp will be putting headlights on the spaceships lol.
Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#44 - 2012-10-14 10:15:45 UTC
Creedling wrote:
Lighting is something that the art department say they're going to work on after the V3 shaders stuff is out of the way.

How long do we have to wait for that? I actually assumed they were done with the v3 shader project now. What's left?
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2012-10-14 11:21:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Souxie Alduin wrote:
What Ranger 1 said. I remember a Dev saying the same thing last time someone brought this up. Basically - the lighting model isn't finished. It will get better / brighter.

You look sexy.

There's no balance to be had in this. Some people have darker displays,
some people have set their displays too dark,
some people have no idea how to set their displays,
some people have set their displays just right.

No matter what you change, there'll still be people who won't be happy about it.

The best thing one can do, is play with the own settings on his own machine, (display, gfx drivers)
instead of trying to ruin it for somebody else ... but i can hear the self entitled screaming already ..............
Souxie Alduin
Anarchy in the Eve
#46 - 2012-10-14 17:13:49 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Souxie Alduin wrote:
What Ranger 1 said. I remember a Dev saying the same thing last time someone brought this up. Basically - the lighting model isn't finished. It will get better / brighter.

You look sexy.

Well.. Duh!Cool
Adeleda Adoudel
ChuangShi
Fraternity.
#47 - 2012-10-14 18:12:10 UTC
Space is dark yo.

Eve looks visually beautiful to me. Except maybe the minmatar ships are a bit TOO shiny..
Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#48 - 2012-10-14 18:39:59 UTC
Nyla Skin wrote:
Real space is also rather badly lit.. Just go out at night and see. :P

Also I am quite happy with the level of detail and its visibility. Actually I think for the most part Eve is TOO bright.

agreed. I think lighting should follow the cube square law and fall off sharply as you get further away from the sun.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#49 - 2012-10-14 20:07:12 UTC
Salpad wrote:
Creedling wrote:
Lighting is something that the art department say they're going to work on after the V3 shaders stuff is out of the way.

How long do we have to wait for that? I actually assumed they were done with the v3 shader project now. What's left?

They're errr.. busy. Fixing things for carebears with attitude.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Previous page123