These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

o.O New station environments!

First post First post
Author
Cede Forster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-10-11 03:08:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Cede Forster
I'll say it now

I want to walk in stations
There you go. Yes, everybody fought bravely to get the game back on track and everything and i dont even show the captains quarter. I even just show the background in stations where you can't spin your ship. Shocked

Still, this closed door nags me. Walking in stations, holo stripper bars, come on!
Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-10-11 03:10:02 UTC
just for the trailer.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Rixiu
PonyTek
#23 - 2012-10-11 03:13:17 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
I dunno...there COULD be some merit to it. I remember when WiS was in early developement and they were showing sketch images of your character right up next to your ship. You could really see just how big the ship really was. This really does look like an unfinished launch video though. Thats the new Caldari Destroyer in what looks like a shipyard being built.

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZRRPPw_QE

I still to this day can't figure out why CCP decided to replace that with Captains Closet. Oh well...
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#24 - 2012-10-11 03:15:26 UTC
Rixiu wrote:
I still to this day can't figure out why CCP decided to replace that with Captains Closet. Oh well...

Vampires.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Algol Bailiwick
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-10-11 04:28:51 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
I dunno...there COULD be some merit to it. I remember when WiS was in early developement and they were showing sketch images of your character right up next to your ship. You could really see just how big the ship really was. This really does look like an unfinished launch video though. Thats the new Caldari Destroyer in what looks like a shipyard being built.

When Captain's Closet was on Singularity you could really get a good sense of the scale of your ship from the balcony. Then a few people complained about feeling emasculated by their big scary battleships and it was changed to what we have now.

This really made me more mad than any of the other things surrounding Incarna. Smile I enjoy the times in Eve when I can be impressed by massive scale.
Parsee789
Immaterial and Missing Power
#26 - 2012-10-11 04:36:19 UTC
What's station environment?

Oh its that bug that makes my eve client consume 4X the gpu and cpu power than normal for spaceship barbie.

Turned it off.

Winning.
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#27 - 2012-10-11 05:01:57 UTC
Algol Bailiwick wrote:

When Captain's Closet was on Singularity you could really get a good sense of the scale of your ship from the balcony. Then a few people complained about feeling emasculated by their big scary battleships and it was changed to what we have now.

A bit erroneous. They were closer yes, but they were all adjusted to share a similar size. As long as we only have a single point of reference via the balcony on a side view, there was no great scaling.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#28 - 2012-10-11 05:03:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
The destroyer looks great, trailer or not, but what caught my eye was the few seconds of video showing the new in space UI.

Holy smokes!

On a more somber note, I do want to know if the War Dec system is going to be iterated on again as well, and a proper Mercenary Market place developed (especially with the new bounty system going in).

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#29 - 2012-10-11 06:21:04 UTC
Das Boot!!

It'd be nice if that environment was a hint of what's coming but I don't see it coming this year. Come on CCP shock me, prove me wrong, give us awesome sauce like that ship construction shot.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#30 - 2012-10-11 07:12:07 UTC
...that could be in preparation of WIS... I mean... nothing else in the trailer was "made to show off*, why should this little bit be?

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#31 - 2012-10-11 07:16:43 UTC
Waiting for Boss to leave so I can check out the video xD

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Shaalira D'arc
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-10-11 07:17:41 UTC
In the Incursions trailer, we also saw Kuvekai strolling on the edge of what looked like a docking bay, looking out into open space. Ended up just being a trailer scene.

Don't get your hopes up, and you'll be pleasantly surprised if something does come out.
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#33 - 2012-10-11 07:21:29 UTC
Any station environment would be new. They have yet to unlock the door.
marVLs
#34 - 2012-10-11 09:12:50 UTC
It's from new not released yet trailer.
It's looking freaking awesome.
When WIS will be implemented fully something like this will be in game (but it's looooong waiting)
I want i naaaawww!

BTW. Even now they could add some new (2-4) station shipyards for each race.
F'elch
Wall Street Trading
#35 - 2012-10-11 09:17:34 UTC
This is an actual in-game screenshot.

From Dust.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-10-11 10:08:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

EDIT: Also add the ability to reprocess Homeless, Group of Homeless, and Large Group of Homeless.

Quafe already ingame.
Nyancat Audeles
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-10-11 19:14:59 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
I'm really enjoying that screenshot. It has a few people milling about on the deck, which gives off a pretty good scale of how large your ships are, and how big the station is compared to that. Kind of awe inspiring, if you ask me.

THIS! EVE has always lacked a sense of just how large a ship is. This would be simply amazing for EVE... they could make it like an extension of CQ for those computers with better GFX cards...
Nyancat Audeles
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-10-11 19:15:36 UTC
F'elch wrote:
This is an actual in-game screenshot.

From Dust.

We need it in EVE nao!
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#39 - 2012-10-11 19:54:16 UTC
If Devs spent more time on WiS and less time on shootout scenes with candy, We might be getting somewhere..like BEYOND THE DOOR...

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Becka Goldbeck
#40 - 2012-10-11 20:01:10 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
station environment?
oh right, that's the thing i turn off every time i reinstall eve. (that isnt likely to ever change.)

so edgy