These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

o.O New station environments!

First post First post
Author
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#281 - 2013-01-01 20:41:19 UTC
I would like more station environments like in the old days where you have multiple variants of each station.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Amone Vaille
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#282 - 2013-01-01 20:51:08 UTC
Yeah i guess it's time to refresh those station environments
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#283 - 2013-01-01 20:53:40 UTC
I mean who remembers the old quafe city station? Sure they can remove quafe girl's rather... 'appealing' clothing and get a new quafe girl.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#284 - 2013-01-01 20:57:57 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
I mean who remembers the old quafe city station? Sure they can remove quafe girl's rather... 'appealing' clothing and get a new quafe girl.

With even more appealing clothing. P

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#285 - 2013-01-01 23:24:34 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#286 - 2013-01-01 23:43:27 UTC
Did CCP make that hanger animation purely to spur this conversation? Seems they had no intention for it to be part of the trailer. Misdirection to gauge reception of spinney hanger revamp?
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#287 - 2013-01-02 11:06:02 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Did CCP make that hanger animation purely to spur this conversation? Seems they had no intention for it to be part of the trailer. Misdirection to gauge reception of spinney hanger revamp?

CCP and misdirection ,are you serious?? really ????

R.S.I2014

Thomas Gore
Blackfyre Enterprise
#288 - 2013-01-02 11:34:27 UTC
Well I guess we could say that if there is no talk about WiS in the 2013 fanfest, we can bury it for good.

Personally, I'd take a PC version of DUST over WiS, if I have to choose.
Anne-Louise Chasse
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#289 - 2013-01-02 14:23:31 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:

EVE advertisements everywhere show tattoos in the arms, and they don't exist. They had to go out with Retribution, but Retribution done nothing for avatars.

I guess CCP thinks that if you join EVE because you are cool about tattoos, you really should go play something else. But then, why not advertise only with ships, that is all you have in the game?
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#290 - 2013-01-05 15:57:39 UTC
Thomas Gore wrote:

I think anyone would take a PC version of DUST over WiS, but we know that a PC version of DUST is not going to happen because of the agreement between Sony and CCP.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#291 - 2013-01-06 10:29:18 UTC
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
Thomas Gore wrote:

I think anyone would take a PC version of DUST over WiS, but we know that a PC version of DUST is not going to happen because of the agreement between Sony and CCP.

So you want to walk and shoot on a planet ,but don,t do that on the station where your ship docks ?

funnyUgh

R.S.I2014

Thomas Gore
Blackfyre Enterprise
#292 - 2013-01-07 08:04:18 UTC
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
Thomas Gore wrote:

So you want to walk and shoot on a planet ,but don,t do that on the station where your ship docks ?

funnyUgh

I think even if and when WiS will launch, it will not feature any FPS elements.

However, the potential of DUST could be enormous and it could very well be expanded to fighting over stations (player owned, obviously) and even boarding ships.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#293 - 2013-01-07 18:05:44 UTC
Thomas Gore wrote:

I think even if and when WiS will launch, it will not feature any FPS elements.

We don,t know that ,It seems that Team Avatar made a prototype ,that liked by some people at CCP and the almighty CSM.
At least that was told by this Team Avatar .
At least something is shown at DrunkFest and i hope it is more then a 5 second video.

R.S.I2014

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#294 - 2013-01-07 18:26:00 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
I would like more station environments like in the old days where you have multiple variants of each station.

This

Where I am.

killorbekilled TBE
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#295 - 2013-01-07 18:32:25 UTC
Saede Riordan wrote:
Romvex wrote:
i want pirate faction unique stations and maybe interior environments. its stupid to see sansha and angel stations using amarr and gallente models, use existing models like the battlestation for the sansha, the "jove construct" for the angels and the giant ship-like sickle shaped station for the blood raiders.

totally agree

Dam it sucks i can only hit the like button once -_-

:)

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#296 - 2013-01-07 18:38:46 UTC
I wish stations felt a little more cramped. The overuse of unused space within a station just feels very unimersive.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#297 - 2013-01-08 06:36:10 UTC
My wish list for new station environments. All these suggestions equally apply to the captains quarters.

- Factional variations. Blood raiders version of the Amarr captains quarters for the win.
- Dynamic. Stations with lots of traffic have lots of ships in the background, whereas those with fewer, do not.
- Locational. Stations in null should look be dirty and disused with bits not working.
- Avatar. It would be great if we could access other vantage points with our avatar to get a better sense of scale.
Reiisha
#298 - 2013-01-08 11:03:43 UTC
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
Thomas Gore wrote:

Actually, CCP never said a PC version will never come. They always replied with either 'no comment' or not at all :)

I am fairly sure that a PC version is coming at around the time the PS4 is released, if ever. Given that the PS3 version already supports mouse+keyboard i don't really see it not happening, actually.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Dazram Two
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#299 - 2013-01-08 14:56:30 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Eli Green wrote:
kind of looks like one of those LCO landing pads, next to a sideways acceleration gate with a station in the background, ergo dev haks

Indeed. Unfortunatly, these are not coming in Retribution, this is a shot that was composited and not representative of any new ingame hangar development.

Would you like new hangars btw?

If they look like that in the video, then yes pls.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#300 - 2013-03-06 08:24:13 UTC
So that little tease of a clip looks super hot. I wonder if we will see anything like it.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]