These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How to Boil a Frog

First post
Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#161 - 2012-10-10 06:31:59 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Now that's a mad carebear post if I ever saw one.

No.

Just tired of people who have to project a game into their pathetic lives as if the whole damned thing matters.

TL/DR: "I'm a mad carebear."

Thorn Galen wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Thorn Galen wrote:
It's pointless, totally pointless, to play a game where every single gate is camped.
You're an idiot who has never been to lowsec. I get in and out of lowsec all the time with nary a gatecamp to be found.

Try Otelen to Huola. Or Aurcel to Egghelende. There are never gate camps there, unless a freighter has been spotted.

Roger that, let's start hurling insults when we run out of clever things to say and make immediate and wrong assumptions on other people's gameplay, where they've been and how they play. If someone does not fit your picture of what you think should be the right way to do things, then the person is an idiot. Coming from someone like you who posts idiocy most of the time, it comes as no surprise to me that you call me an idiot and think that I have never been to lowsec.

So you found a handful of uncamped gates in lowsec, good for you. A rarity. I find Nullsec far more appealing than lulsec, but thank you for calling me an idiot. At least being an idiot gives me an excuse to call you out on your crapposting.

There's more than just "a handful" of uncamped gates in lowsec. I've got absolutely no issue whatsoever with getting from hisec, through lowsec, to deklein, whenever I want, I just don't pick the more common routes.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#162 - 2012-10-10 06:47:17 UTC
What's this talk about the "idiot switch"?

Can't find anything on the Dev blog.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#163 - 2012-10-10 06:48:00 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Thorn Galen wrote:
It's pointless, totally pointless, to play a game where every single gate is camped.
You're an idiot who has never been to lowsec. I get in and out of lowsec all the time with nary a gatecamp to be found.

Try Otelen to Huola. Or Aurcel to Egghelende. There are never gate camps there, unless a freighter has been spotted.

Roger that, let's start hurling insults when we run out of clever things to say and make immediate and wrong assumptions on other people's gameplay, where they've been and how they play. If someone does not fit your picture of what you think should be the right way to do things, then the person is an idiot. Coming from someone like you who posts idiocy most of the time, it comes as no surprise to me that you call me an idiot and think that I have never been to lowsec.

So you found a handful of uncamped gates in lowsec, good for you. A rarity. I find Nullsec far more appealing than lulsec, but thank you for calling me an idiot. At least being an idiot gives me an excuse to call you out on your crapposting.

Ok I am in...like that game.
You are an idiot.
Am I doing it right?

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#164 - 2012-10-10 06:56:50 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
I find it amusing when the bears state that if the ganking and asshattery were to continue, subscriptions would be cancelled en masse.

Yet ... for the last 10 years the bears have had to put up with ganking and asshattery and they've continued to subscribe, and subscription numbers rose and rose and rose.

Therefore they are not bears.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#165 - 2012-10-10 06:57:23 UTC
Roime wrote:
What's this talk about the "idiot switch"?

Can't find anything on the Dev blog.
It was mentioned at EVE Vegas. Sugar Kyle wrote about it:

Quote:
There will be a new warning box that can be turned off. There was a slide that showed three dots that are 'settings'. They will be displayed somewhere on the HUD I believe from the slide. But the slide was dark and the room bright. There are three settings.

---Green for Safe you can't activate things to hurt people and get yourself popped
---Yellow/Orange for illegal acts such as can flipping and wreck theft
---Red for shoot all the things and have no warnings
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#166 - 2012-10-10 08:31:42 UTC
Eugene Kerner wrote:

Ok I am in...like that game.
You are an idiot.
Am I doing it right?

Yes, quite clearly you are.
Xpaulusx
Naari LLC
#167 - 2012-10-10 09:24:55 UTC
Cilcked on link thinking " this is about shooting redfrog freighters" P

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#168 - 2012-10-10 14:12:41 UTC
Xpaulusx wrote:
Cilcked on link thinking " this is about shooting redfrog freighters" P

Is it bad if you do that?
Like if I were to war dec them would all of EVE descend on me?
Or could I dec them and wait in jita to shoot them?
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#169 - 2012-10-10 14:59:57 UTC
Quote:
He said that petitions for 'accidentally clicked box was CONCORDED!' will be answered with, "You are probably dumb". If your safety is green you won't be able to shoot people in empire. If you set it to orange you can do mild things like can flipping. If you put your setting to red then you can do whatever whenever with no warning anymore. So if you set it to red, its your own fault.

This is supposed to break the game? Looks like a client side mechanic.

The rest of it looks pretty good. El Linko

But I see that the people who engaged in "dickery" and had little if any consequences are mad now.

They should HTFU and adapt.... or die. Remember, when they can flip, they should always stay aligned and watch local, and if they kill someone, afterwards while the kill rights are being rented out to real PVPers, they should never undock and go can-flipping/loot stealing in something they can't afford to lose.

I would call the winter expansion "Comeuppance".

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#170 - 2012-10-10 17:18:31 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:

Historically, the most whining, the most threats of ending subscriptions, have come from the carebear segment of the playerbase.

Malarky most whines on EVENEWS24, THEMITTANI.COM, & EVE forum posts/blogs are NULL seccerz bleating about how to move HI SECerz into NULL so they have more EZ prey. Your post is yet another whine that everybody's sandbox shouldbe the way you want it.
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#171 - 2012-10-10 17:19:36 UTC
^ exhibit a
DarthNefarius
#172 - 2012-10-10 17:29:13 UTC
captain foivos wrote:
Two step wrote:
I see Poetic is off his meds again. You seem to be forgetting all the stuff CCP did that helped suicide gankers, like Tier 3 BCs, the destroyer buffs, etc.

I don't recall them releasing Tier 3 BCs with the message "Go forth and slaughter pubbies"

Yet look at all the frieghter ganks in Niarja & Udema with the tier 3 BC's
Face it ganking gota huge buff with these glass cannon gank mobiles & frieghters deserve a rebalance because of it due to this & the out of control 40 minute bumping until I buy all my alts the Tier 3's BC's at the nearest HUB tacitic.
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
DarthNefarius
#173 - 2012-10-10 17:32:02 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
^ exhibit a

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=search&postedby=Nicolo+da%27Vicenza&forumID=258#
^ exhibit b through z
Silk daShocka
Greasy Hair Club
#174 - 2012-10-10 17:35:53 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
captain foivos wrote:
Two step wrote:
I see Poetic is off his meds again. You seem to be forgetting all the stuff CCP did that helped suicide gankers, like Tier 3 BCs, the destroyer buffs, etc.

I don't recall them releasing Tier 3 BCs with the message "Go forth and slaughter pubbies"

Face it ganking gota huge buff with these glass cannon gank mobiles & frieghters deserve a rebalance because of it due to this & the out of control 40 minute bumping until I buy all my alts the Tier 3's BC's at the nearest HUB tacitic.

It's not really a huge buff when it costs more to do due to the removal of insurance payouts when u get concorded.

All the freighter ganks in Niarja and Uedama are due to the pilot putting a bunch of expensive **** in his cargohold, thought everyone knew this.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#175 - 2012-10-10 17:37:32 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
captain foivos wrote:
Two step wrote:

T3 BC ganking costs more than tempests used to.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#176 - 2012-10-10 17:41:25 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:

Yet look at the freighter ganks of olde with just as expensive (after insurance) BS hulls.

Silk daShocka wrote:
All the freighter ganks in Niarja and Uedama are due to the pilot putting a bunch of expensive **** in his cargohold, thought everyone knew this.

It's DarthNefarius we're talking about here.

RIP Vile Rat

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#177 - 2012-10-10 17:51:08 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Silk daShocka wrote:

It's DarthNefarius we're talking about here.

Quoting for posterity.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#178 - 2012-10-10 19:12:11 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Yes but is that value adjusted for the price increase in everything else?
If everything has risen in proportion, then ganks are cheaper now.
Taedrin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#179 - 2012-10-10 19:16:43 UTC
CCP has been boiling the frog for a long time. Since the game's beginning even. In fact, you could argue that CCP has ALWAYS intended to make high sec space effectively safe space.

Making CONCORD untankable in response to M0o.'s high sec gate camps.
Doubling ship HP.
Lofty Trick nerf (can no longer shoot gang members, unless at war).
Making CONCORD untankable a second time, because of the proliferation of buffer tanked battleships in high sec.
The second Lofty Trick nerf (gang members don't get pulled into wars anymore).
Alliance P nerf (Privateer alliance can no longer war dec every null sec alliance in the game).
Making CONCORD insta neut/jam/scram your ship, in response to the massive swelling of freighter ganks after Outbreak.'s "Karma" video.
WTZ.
Making CONCORD deactivate your drones, because people started using Domis to gank freighters after the previous CONCORD nerf.

And this all happened ages ago.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#180 - 2012-10-10 20:16:16 UTC
NEONOVUS wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Yes but is that value adjusted for the price increase in everything else?
If everything has risen in proportion, then ganks are cheaper now.

The cost of ganking in a T3 was increased over ganking in a tempest the instant the insurance nerf went through, i.e. before the prices of minerals etc increased.

Try another strawman.

RIP Vile Rat