These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

A Few Modest Questions for CCP Sreegs

First post
Author
Spurty
#41 - 2012-11-15 17:38:16 UTC
Sgt Napalm wrote:
Sadly, Stillman and Streggs were never seen again after Vegas.


this is what comes of 'filling your hands in Vegas'.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#42 - 2012-11-15 17:56:36 UTC
Spurty wrote:
Sgt Napalm wrote:
Sadly, Stillman and Streggs were never seen again after Vegas.


this is what comes of 'filling your hands in Vegas'.


Apparently "what happens in Vegas..."

Yeah, I went there.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Krimzin Majere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2012-11-15 18:11:21 UTC
Hopefully they weren't involved in another sequel to "The Hangover".
Sgt Napalm
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-11-15 18:16:59 UTC
Have you seen the photos on twitter? Lot's of bromance.
Heimdallofasgard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2012-11-15 18:27:53 UTC
Hmm... Bumping
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#46 - 2012-11-15 22:54:24 UTC
Heimdallofasgard wrote:
Hmm... Bumping

A good point. Cool

Has the New Order's bumping campaign's escalation had any impact on the botting numbers since Eve Vegas?

What about the renewed ice interdiction?

Most importantly, though, did botting in high-sec rise significantly following the barge/exhumer buff?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-11-15 23:21:17 UTC
CCP Stillman wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
CCP Sreegs, has there been a substantial shift in the numbers of high-sec bots you're catching since the release of the mining barge buff?

Would you say, based on your response to the above, the threat of ganking was a deterrent to potential mining bot operators?

If you aren't seeing more bots in high-sec and the numbers have changed substantially since Fanfest, is it reasonable for players to ask for an update? I ask this because the new demographics for botting may explain how a less time-sensitive lower-risk form of AFK PVE is healthier for the game in high-sec than its equivalent elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any responses you can provide.

I gave a presentation about our progress at EVE Vegas on Saturday. But it was pointed out to me afterwards that I forgot to include the breaking by region that I had on my machine at work.

I don't know what the answer is though at present. I'll have a look at the data when I get home though. But no promise though.


Say though one more time

No

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#48 - 2012-11-15 23:26:42 UTC
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:
CCP Stillman wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
CCP Sreegs, has there been a substantial shift in the numbers of high-sec bots you're catching since the release of the mining barge buff?

Would you say, based on your response to the above, the threat of ganking was a deterrent to potential mining bot operators?

If you aren't seeing more bots in high-sec and the numbers have changed substantially since Fanfest, is it reasonable for players to ask for an update? I ask this because the new demographics for botting may explain how a less time-sensitive lower-risk form of AFK PVE is healthier for the game in high-sec than its equivalent elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any responses you can provide.

I gave a presentation about our progress at EVE Vegas on Saturday. But it was pointed out to me afterwards that I forgot to include the breaking by region that I had on my machine at work.

I don't know what the answer is though at present. I'll have a look at the data when I get home though. But no promise though.


Say though one more time

I'm not entirely sure what you meant here.

I don't see how the breakdown by region or profession (or whatever demographic) would have been appropriate at Eve Vegas but somehow inappropriate on these forums, which events such as Fanfest and Eve Vegas are an extension of.

I'm hoping that if the information is out there, we can get it. That would be the best way to draw conclusions about this topic.

If we cannot have it anymore, I'd like it for CCP to just tell us that so we can make our conclusions from there.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#49 - 2012-11-16 09:42:48 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:
CCP Stillman wrote:

I gave a presentation about our progress at EVE Vegas on Saturday. But it was pointed out to me afterwards that I forgot to include the breaking by region that I had on my machine at work.

I don't know what the answer is though at present. I'll have a look at the data when I get home though. But no promise though.


Say though one more time

I'm not entirely sure what you meant here.

I don't see how the breakdown by region or profession (or whatever demographic) would have been appropriate at Eve Vegas but somehow inappropriate on these forums, which events such as Fanfest and Eve Vegas are an extension of.

I'm hoping that if the information is out there, we can get it. That would be the best way to draw conclusions about this topic.

If we cannot have it anymore, I'd like it for CCP to just tell us that so we can make our conclusions from there.


He said nothing about appropriate, he forgot to give the breakdown by region at Vegas but would like that to be part of what he gives out.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#50 - 2012-11-16 18:44:40 UTC
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:
CCP Stillman wrote:

I gave a presentation about our progress at EVE Vegas on Saturday. But it was pointed out to me afterwards that I forgot to include the breaking by region that I had on my machine at work.

I don't know what the answer is though at present. I'll have a look at the data when I get home though. But no promise though.


Say though one more time

I'm not entirely sure what you meant here.

I don't see how the breakdown by region or profession (or whatever demographic) would have been appropriate at Eve Vegas but somehow inappropriate on these forums, which events such as Fanfest and Eve Vegas are an extension of.

I'm hoping that if the information is out there, we can get it. That would be the best way to draw conclusions about this topic.

If we cannot have it anymore, I'd like it for CCP to just tell us that so we can make our conclusions from there.


He said nothing about appropriate, he forgot to give the breakdown by region at Vegas but would like that to be part of what he gives out.

Gotcha.

CCP Stillman? CCP Sreegs? Any comments at all?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#51 - 2012-11-17 19:30:51 UTC
Still waiting.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#52 - 2012-11-17 21:21:08 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
Would you say, based on your response to the above, the threat of ganking was a deterrent to potential mining bot operators?


As a human who partakes in mining, I would expect that the threat of ganking has a greater impact on the population of human miners. Thus I would expect that the introduction of the new barges has increased the population of human miners.

The claim of "fighting bots" has only ever been a rationalisation on the part of the gankers. Just own up to the fact that you enjoy hunting the lowest form of prey in the game.

I would tend to agree with this sentiment. Mostly because the threat of being ganked for a bot is vastly different then the same threat for a player. A bot who can mine 23.5/7 can easily lose a ship and make up the difference that day where the player who may only have a few hours of time to play each day and is much more less efficient than the bot will take longer to make up the money lost by being ganked.

It will be interesting to see what CCP Sreegs has to say about it.



I guess gank needs nerfs and not buffs like they're giving to at next expansion. Because idiots being idiots the word miner=bot and I expect a lot of usual same boring common old rabble about inflation and miners and bots...

Buff gank mean take away players interested in that activity, be it afk cigarette coffee poo whatsoever, but doing it a couple hours a day. But will change absolutely nothing about bots still making huge amounts of isk and easily covering their losses.
Excellent move from CCP and gankers about shooting their own foot. I can smell it from here.

brb

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#53 - 2012-11-17 21:23:32 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:

I guess gank needs nerfs and not buffs like they're giving to at next expansion. Because idiots being idiots the word miner=bot and I expect a lot of usual same boring common old rabble about inflation and miners and bots...

Buff gank mean take away players interested in that activity, be it afk cigarette coffee poo whatsoever, but doing it a couple hours a day. But will change absolutely nothing about bots still making huge amounts of isk and easily covering their losses.
Excellent move from CCP and gankers about shooting their own foot. I can smell it from here.

The real excellent move came yesterday:

CCP Falcon wrote:
So, I just spoke to the GM Team regarding this to get some clarification:

Firstly, people who are bumped always have the right to petition. It is the right of any player who feels that they want to petition an issue to do so.

However, with regards to the rules in EVE Online our current view is:

Bumping is not considered harassment.
Bumping is not considered griefing.
Bumping is not against the rules.


It's actually been used for a long time to prevent warping as a rudimentary form of tackling when you don't have a point, or don't have sufficient disruption strength to keep someone pinned.

Along with that, the people that are doing this for the best part are in player corporations. If you don't like what they're doing, declare war on them so that you can punish them, or pay a merc corp to do so on your behalf if you don't want to fight.

There are plenty of options to counter this, if you use your imagination.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Melvin Coulter
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#54 - 2012-11-17 21:31:53 UTC
I hate so say it, but i too would also like to know if this "New Order" has actually had an impact..

Move along!

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#55 - 2012-11-17 22:05:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Lin-Young Borovskova
Melvin Coulter wrote:
I hate so say it, but i too would also like to know if this "New Order" has actually had an impact..


As much as the previous gankageddon on hulks: none but make clean place for the biggest botters in eve. Why would you spend so much energy and time with space pixels and fake threats&fears unless this costs you real money?

The one doing because of some sort of veldspar bushido code is an idiot the one pretending he's a good guy and care more about the "ho so important internet space ships economics" in my eyes acts more like a real money trader/botter than the other way around.

brb

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#56 - 2012-11-18 01:01:43 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Melvin Coulter wrote:
I hate so say it, but i too would also like to know if this "New Order" has actually had an impact..


As much as the previous gankageddon on hulks: none but make clean place for the biggest botters in eve. Why would you spend so much energy and time with space pixels and fake threats&fears unless this costs you real money?

The one doing because of some sort of veldspar bushido code is an idiot the one pretending he's a good guy and care more about the "ho so important internet space ships economics" in my eyes acts more like a real money trader/botter than the other way around.

As valuable as your opinion is, CCP Stillman would be a better source I think.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
Executive Outcomes
#57 - 2012-11-18 01:30:10 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Still waiting.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#58 - 2012-11-18 19:19:00 UTC
Inquisitor Kitchner wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
Still waiting.


Thanks for the support.

Still waiting.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Melvin Coulter
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#59 - 2012-11-18 19:35:57 UTC
Dev dev were art thou?

Move along!

Zakarumit CZ
Zakarum Industries
Forgers United
#60 - 2012-11-18 20:33:25 UTC
I hope for an answer as well Smile