These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Goons freighter killing spree in Uedama

Author
Lioso Cadelanne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2012-10-13 00:10:07 UTC
Samahiel Sotken wrote:
BORRIS DEMONTFORD wrote:
Its worth noting that its activities like this that help to keep the eve economy functioning as it should, I wouldn't go so far as saying its a public service but it certainly needs to happen.


It most definetly is a public service. The last numbers I remember the EVE economy was suffering from 24 trillion excess isk being generated per month http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZD6-vGQms&feature=player_detailpage#t=1557s

The actions of goonswarm has been responsible for the interdiction of somewhere around 1,450 billion isk since the start of operations. I believe with our current efforts we can sustain something like 800 billion isk interdiction per month. Of that gross number about 40% is recovered and re-enters the market place. Leaving a net isk sink of somewhere around 480 billion isk per month.

As an alliance we've successfully proven that player driven actions could theoretically stabilize the economy and curb the rampant inflation we're experiencing today. If four more alliances were to fund and maintain operations such as ours we could generate and sustain a 10% reduction in inflation. This would be trivially easy as the operation is not only self sustaining but in fact very lucrative.

I believe the math clearly demonstrates our actions are not only laudable, but in point of fact vital to the future prosperity of New Eden.


Funny, this actually makes me feel better were my freighter to get ganked. +1 to the Goons for my added peace of mind
Bobo Cindekela
Doomheim
#62 - 2012-10-20 21:38:42 UTC
couriers work for peanuts these days, why own a freighter at all when some autopiloter will give you billions in collateral to haul your load for a few mil isk...

You are about to engage in an arguement with a forum alt,  this is your final warning.

Yasha Ekudram
My Dot Corp
#63 - 2012-10-20 21:44:47 UTC
Samahiel Sotken wrote:

If it helps you can think of us as a Keynesian style initiative. By increasing market inefficiencies we stimulate production and innovation to meet demand, thus shifting the economy out of a period of stagflation.



Keynesian economics is a fail though.....

VegasMirage
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#64 - 2012-10-21 19:49:56 UTC
Yasha Ekudram wrote:
Samahiel Sotken wrote:

If it helps you can think of us as a Keynesian style initiative. By increasing market inefficiencies we stimulate production and innovation to meet demand, thus shifting the economy out of a period of stagflation.



Keynesian economics is a fail though.....



wherre are the Japanese when you need em!!!

guess you're more the Milton Friedman school of thought, eh

no more games... it's real this time!!!

Weiland Taur
Alpha Republic - Transcenders of Space and Time
Solyaris Chtonium
#65 - 2012-11-11 14:18:23 UTC
Xolve wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Its ok, Freighter pilots arent people anyways.


Neither are NPC alts.

For what it's worth I imagine every ganked freighter is something like this


Perhaps every station should have a sign outside that reads, "Can you afford to lose this ship? Will losing this ship make you cry like a small child whose been punched by his favorite uncle? If so dock up and log out of the game."
Shylari Avada
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#66 - 2012-11-12 01:06:52 UTC
Weiland Taur wrote:
Perhaps every station should have a sign outside that reads, "Can you afford to lose this ship? Will losing this ship make you cry like a small child whose been punched by his favorite uncle? If so dock up and log out of the game."


I thought that unusually long time it takes to undock was your moment to reflect on your actions, fittings, and last chance to change your mind.


Pera Djetlic
Doomheim
#67 - 2012-11-17 18:00:30 UTC
Goonswarm Federation = mass instead of class
Ritsum
Perkone
Caldari State
#68 - 2012-11-18 02:43:39 UTC
It really makes me wonder how many freighter kills it would take to really make a impact on the market, would be a interesting goal... See if you can increase the price of certain products by scanning down the haulers of said products.

Play EvE how you want to play it and do not let others dictate how you play. Evolve your playstyle to protect yourself from others! Even in "PVE", "PVP" is there, lurking in the shadows.

Shylari Avada
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#69 - 2012-11-18 03:57:54 UTC
Ritsum wrote:
It really makes me wonder how many freighter kills it would take to really make a impact on the market, would be a interesting goal... See if you can increase the price of certain products by scanning down the haulers of said products.


I think you're mixing our goals up a bit.
Tarsas Phage
Freight Club
#70 - 2012-11-19 19:56:34 UTC
Ritsum wrote:
It really makes me wonder how many freighter kills it would take to really make a impact on the market, would be a interesting goal... See if you can increase the price of certain products by scanning down the haulers of said products.


When Freight Club started out a year and change ago, we toyed with a variation of this.

If we killed, say, an Ark, we would immediately buy up the few Arks on market in Jita and re-list them for a few 100M more. Several times, and often within a day, we'd sell one of these price-gouged ships to the very toon we killed earlier. So we killed his ship, got any loot and salvage, and then ripped him off on the replacement.

Doing this with JFs was pretty easy since the volume was low and the order books in Jita were (at the time we did this) pretty thin, so buying up all of a certain JF wasn't out of the question.
Harbingour
EVE Corporation 690846961
#71 - 2012-11-19 20:07:03 UTC
Lioso Cadelanne wrote:
Samahiel Sotken wrote:
BORRIS DEMONTFORD wrote:
Its worth noting that its activities like this that help to keep the eve economy functioning as it should, I wouldn't go so far as saying its a public service but it certainly needs to happen.


It most definetly is a public service. The last numbers I remember the EVE economy was suffering from 24 trillion excess isk being generated per month http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZD6-vGQms&feature=player_detailpage#t=1557s

The actions of goonswarm has been responsible for the interdiction of somewhere around 1,450 billion isk since the start of operations. I believe with our current efforts we can sustain something like 800 billion isk interdiction per month. Of that gross number about 40% is recovered and re-enters the market place. Leaving a net isk sink of somewhere around 480 billion isk per month.

As an alliance we've successfully proven that player driven actions could theoretically stabilize the economy and curb the rampant inflation we're experiencing today. If four more alliances were to fund and maintain operations such as ours we could generate and sustain a 10% reduction in inflation. This would be trivially easy as the operation is not only self sustaining but in fact very lucrative.

I believe the math clearly demonstrates our actions are not only laudable, but in point of fact vital to the future prosperity of New Eden.


Funny, this actually makes me feel better were my freighter to get ganked. +1 to the Goons for my added peace of mind



Actually we don't have a clue about the economy's health... there has not been an economic DEV blog in over 6 months
Closest thing to CCP saying anything substantial was an obscure editors note in the CSM minutes claiming that Eve wasin a period of deflationQuestion
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Harbingour
EVE Corporation 690846961
#72 - 2012-11-19 20:10:43 UTC
Yasha Ekudram wrote:
Samahiel Sotken wrote:

If it helps you can think of us as a Keynesian style initiative. By increasing market inefficiencies we stimulate production and innovation to meet demand, thus shifting the economy out of a period of stagflation.



Keynesian economics is a fail though.....



lol Eve is experiencing stagflation right now? I guess with the lack of any concrete info you can make any claim about the economy right now& its justas valid as any other Blink
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
The Chronophage
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-11-21 00:33:00 UTC
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15258262

hmmm, this thread is still alive. Unlike this Obelisk. Jesus Christ this is nearly 2k euros in plex alone.
The Chronophage
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2012-11-21 00:33:50 UTC
Someone is going to need to help him with a support group after this
Sir SmashAlot
The League of Extraordinary Opportunists
Intergalactic Conservation Movement
#75 - 2012-11-21 03:15:53 UTC
The Chronophage wrote:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15258262

hmmm, this thread is still alive. Unlike this Obelisk. Jesus Christ this is nearly 2k euros in plex alone.


It is unfortunate that we have not seen any quarterly economic updates for a reasonable amount of time. With multiple kills in the 10+ billion range happening weekly in just a few systems, I would bet that the amount of isk per capita has risen dramatically over the last couple years.

With large kills happening on a regular basis, there is less assets being chased by the same amount of isk.

What would be interesting is if security status could be bought back with isk (insert whatever mechanic you like). The cycle of asset destruction could be balanced with isk leaving the system through repairing of security status.

Therefore if isk per capita gets out of hand like it is right now, there is an increased chance that someone holds too much wealth in the wrong hull. Resulting in a self balancing system.

Smash
Ishkaru
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#76 - 2012-11-21 11:06:33 UTC
These idiots hauling BPO's and PLEX in a Freighter deserve to get popped.
Berendas
EVE University
Ivy League
#77 - 2012-11-21 18:22:16 UTC
I've got to admit, I'm pretty jelly of those juicy freighter kills.