These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Low Sec is beyond broken

Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-10-03 14:12:36 UTC
Idris Helion wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Funny how I've never had any issues getting from hisec to deklein without any incident every time I've travelled by gates. I guess the secret is to just not use the most obvious routes, or having a bit of patience.

What ship are you doing this in? I'd wager it's a rig that anyone with less than 5M SP would be unable to fly (or afford).

A velator. There's no reason to fly anything expensive through lowsec, since we can buy literally everything (or have everything imported) in deklein. It might just take a little while to get it there.

However, this doesn't detract from the fact that the systems weren't camped or in some cases not even inhabited at all (if they were, they were probably just inhabited by someone doing the FW farmville dance vOv).

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Citizen Vigilante
Hegemoney
#42 - 2012-10-03 14:18:52 UTC
Just a suggestion for all of you who complain about the rigors of low... You can always contact the CEO of that pirate organization and ask about a "blue package" This would give you the chance to mine in their space for a fee. Granted this would be a monthly fee but, there are a lot of groups out there who would be more than happy to take your isk in return for your relative safety to mine in the space they "control" Just keep that in mind neighbors, its a real possibility.

Fly True, Strike Sure, and Keep Up!

Citizen Vigilante
RAGE QU1T
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-10-03 14:22:56 UTC
Oh nosss another one of these threads, For the guy thate rode the short bus and fell out of a tree hitting every branch on way down, 0.0 is more secure because WE make our space safe, throgh intel channels, organized roams, scout alts, Bubbles,etc We do this not CCP. And the last time I checked people were still being burned with fire in sagain,tama,and rancer just to name a few. Go cry to your CEO or alliance leader if u guys are fail locking down your space. HTFU buttercup This is EVEBig smile
slam34
Wormhole Tourz
#44 - 2012-10-03 14:36:36 UTC
My daddy's space is tougher than your daddy's space.....Well, your momma's space is fatter than my momma's space.......Fer cryin out loud, I've been blown to little bitty bits in every kind of space and they are just different. If it is impossible to do what you want in a one place, adapt and find a way to do it anyway, or move on and try something else. There will always be somebody waiting to blow you up, wherever you go. Shoot back or get over it.

High sec: That's the tutorial. Null Sec is the actual game. Wormholes? Even CCP isn't sure.

Citizen Vigilante
Hegemoney
#45 - 2012-10-03 14:41:22 UTC
Incidentally all but the most organized pirate groups can be scattered to the wind with a small gang of 5-7 battlecruisers with logistics in tow. Go in with a few properly fit drakes to start getting the guns on you. Bring in some Hurricanes to neut out their energy dependent ships. Then the logi to assist the tank of your own fleet. Select your targets intelligently, i.e. start with the highest threat ships. The piddly stuff there is meant to be what you shoot while the more dangerous ships which are harder to kill keep on shooting. The fact that you cant get your carebear cousin friends to join you in doing this isn't the pirates fault. Its you and yours being unwilling to fight for what you want. Stop complaining about how "hard" this game is, or how unfair lowsec is. And start using your brain to find ways to change the game around you. Get your guys together. Make your own pirate corp, kill people and make it safe for your carebear alts to go about doing things. There are a million different ways to make low sec work. You just have to be a little more conniving than the average bear.

Citizen Vigilante
Idris Helion
Doomheim
#46 - 2012-10-03 14:48:10 UTC
Citizen Vigilante wrote:
Just a suggestion for all of you who complain about the rigors of low... You can always contact the CEO of that pirate organization and ask about a "blue package" This would give you the chance to mine in their space for a fee. Granted this would be a monthly fee but, there are a lot of groups out there who would be more than happy to take your isk in return for your relative safety to mine in the space they "control" Just keep that in mind neighbors, its a real possibility.

Citizen Vigilante

This is such crap. Pirates don't hold sov over a piece of space, so giving them money is wasted ISK because they can't guarantee jack squat. Even if they honor the contract (doubtful), you're still completely vulnerable to other roaming gangs. And if you do get tackled by someone, just try bat-phoning your pirate friends. They'll laugh, tell you to HTFU, and leave you to die in a fire. They wouldn't be pirates if they had honor or integrity.

This is such a dumb idea that I'm surprised people still fall for it. It's like one of those "sell you a PLEX for 1 trit!" scams you see in Jita.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2012-10-03 15:08:51 UTC
Idris Helion wrote:
. As a poster above mentioned, the reason nullsec is safer is infrastructure: sovereignty allows players to perform the same basic security functions as CONCORD in high sec.

lmfao
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2012-10-03 15:09:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
back to "lowsec, the totally empty and broken area, that has pirates and instalock frigates on every gate and is bustling with activity"

starring: bitter carebears unable to hack it in either null or low
Burseg Sardaukar
Sardaukar Merc Guild
General Tso's Alliance
#49 - 2012-10-03 15:13:27 UTC
You should check my sig for an idea I've come up with by collecting and filtering other ideas I've read, discussing it with Alliance mates, and knowing how I would like to see my own little pocket of Lowsec be buffed.

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#50 - 2012-10-03 15:19:35 UTC
Burseg Sardaukar wrote:
You should check my sig for an idea I've come up with by collecting and filtering other ideas I've read, discussing it with Alliance mates, and knowing how I would like to see my own little pocket of Lowsec be buffed.

What you are proposing in your sig, is just a lowsec version of 0.0. Which is one reason why people choose low over null so they don't have to deal with that. I've said this before and I'll say it here. Make lowsec unique instead of just a more dangerous highsec, or a limited version of 0.0.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Citizen Vigilante
Hegemoney
#51 - 2012-10-03 15:23:25 UTC
[/quote]
This is such crap. Pirates don't hold sov over a piece of space, so giving them money is wasted ISK because they can't guarantee jack squat. Even if they honor the contract (doubtful), you're still completely vulnerable to other roaming gangs. And if you do get tackled by someone, just try bat-phoning your pirate friends. They'll laugh, tell you to HTFU, and leave you to die in a fire. They wouldn't be pirates if they had honor or integrity.

This is such a dumb idea that I'm surprised people still fall for it. It's like one of those "sell you a PLEX for 1 trit!" scams you see in Jita.
[/quote]

LOL! I didn't say the pirates would protect them. I said they wouldn't shoot them. There is a distinct difference. I also said "relative" security mate. As far as being protected by them. That's something you would have to work out with that organization. You can call it a scam if you like, but in reality its not. I am however enjoying the tears and whining that is coming out of this thread. It has provided me with lots of entertainment. FYI ever heard of honor amongst thieves? There is some of that among pirate organizations in this game. To generalize it to such an extent as to say they have none. Simply proves your limited understanding of the dynamics of relations in eve.
Its not honor-less to perpetuate the economy by providing potential buyers for all you carebears out there. If it weren't for the people who live to blow up your ships we would all have so much the game would have nothing left to offer us. Without that risk, there is no reward. Without reward, there is no reason to play. Keep that in mind the next time your trying to sell that shiny little ship or module. Because the market would have far fewer people buying your products if it weren't for the dangers of piracy!

Citizen Vigilante
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#52 - 2012-10-03 15:29:01 UTC
I cried after the first sentence because I was unable to stop laughing. Could not read any further...did I miss something?

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2012-10-03 15:33:46 UTC
Idris Helion wrote:
This is such crap. Pirates don't hold sov over a piece of space, so giving them money is wasted ISK because they can't guarantee jack squat.

Life's dangerous, nobody's survived it yet.

As for "this is such crap" and "pirates don't hold sov", they may not hold sov to the point where their name is on some sovereignty map, but this doesn't preclude them from controlling space. There's more to controlling space than putting a name on a map, you know.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

feihcsiM
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-10-03 15:42:23 UTC
I used to love the lowsec life, my main has been -10 and back more times than I care to remember.

Unfortunately the days of 100 man+ outlaw RRBS gangs engaging each other on gates seems long gone, and lowsec seems far, far less populated than it used to be.

Younger characters seem more risk-averse than they used to be (can't really blame them), lowsec mission runners tend to almost always fly near-unscannable Tengus, and as previously stated 1001 times, at present there is no real advantage to being in lowsec in the first place other than farming FW sites in cheap, disposable ships for muchos isk..
Any larger fleet fights inevetably lead to cap-ship escalation, partly because many more pilots are skilled to fly them now than 5 or 6 years ago.
Some pirate corps still manage to ply a trade by a combination of skill, patience and good system location, others by smartbombing anything coming through their system and collecting quality tears, but in general I agree with the OP, lowsec is pretty much ****** right now.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Idris Helion
Doomheim
#55 - 2012-10-03 15:47:18 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Idris Helion wrote:
This is such crap. Pirates don't hold sov over a piece of space, so giving them money is wasted ISK because they can't guarantee jack squat.

Life's dangerous, nobody's survived it yet.

As for "this is such crap" and "pirates don't hold sov", they may not hold sov to the point where their name is on some sovereignty map, but this doesn't preclude them from controlling space. There's more to controlling space than putting a name on a map, you know.

Roll

You bet.

I've seen three different pirate corps "claim" the same region of space. How many pirate groups "control" Rancer now? At least three that I can think of. You can delude yourself that you control a given system, but you don't. No one does. That's the problem. I have yet to see Pirate corps actively contest lowsec systems beyond a couple of high-value border areas.

Pirates "control" space to the extent that they'll camp a gate or a station, and that's it. Bring a superior fleet and they'll run rather than fight. Bring a weaker fleet and they'll blob you and then run when reinforcements arrive.

Pirates are the cockroaches of EVE.
Idris Helion
Doomheim
#56 - 2012-10-03 15:51:28 UTC
feihcsiM wrote:
I used to love the lowsec life, my main has been -10 and back more times than I care to remember.

Unfortunately the days of 100 man+ outlaw RRBS gangs engaging each other on gates seems long gone, and lowsec seems far, far less populated than it used to be.

That's because back in the day, low sec was mostly empty and open for exploration. There were also a lot fewer 20M SP players flying faction/deadspace fitted ships. Fewer players, less ISK sloshing around. Once the e-peeners moved out to low sec and started congregating there, the entire area just stopped being viable for anybody but pirates.

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2012-10-03 15:57:06 UTC
Why is that a problem?
Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2012-10-03 16:02:33 UTC
ccp should increase prices on everything in highsec

ccp should also remove large towers from highsec

BAM -> industrialists in lowsec
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-10-03 16:11:25 UTC
What'sa matta you, hey
Gotta no respect, whatta you think you do
Why you looka so sad?
It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place
Ah, shaddap you face

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2012-10-03 16:13:58 UTC
Idris Helion wrote:
[ They wouldn't be pirates if they had honor or integrity.

BS! We always keep our word, not doing so means people wont pay ransoms etc. It has nothing to do with loving being a pirate. And honestly lowsec isnt that dangerously, fit nanos and a stab or two on your transport and you can zip through in relative safety, bring a cloak as well and most pirates wont even bother you. Is it 100%? no, but then again neither is highsec, since plenty of multi billion isk istty 5s are sploded every day.

Also, lowsec is what we made it? Sweet because i kinda love it as it is, plenty of pew pew and with the recent political changes no huge blue fest.