These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Petition: CCP, bring back Snowball Launchers!

First post First post
Author
Evil Incarn8
Evil's League of Evil
#41 - 2012-09-29 11:03:19 UTC
Snowballs were released for two seperate xmas'.

I have a stack of 2005 and 2008 snowballs, they are distinguisehed by the MMV or MMVIII naming of the balls.

But yes they were very fun, and initially they were not melted straight after xmas, it was only after abuse of aggro mechanics later in the year that they had to be melted. Snowballs caused you to red box, but did not trigger any concord responce, this led to people believing it was sanctioned comabt and returning fire with normal eweapons.. to which concord does respond :)

I have fond memories of releasing my pent up aggression on concord, yes even snowballing concord ships didnt get you shot :)

So yes CCP, how about a little gift of snowball MMXII this year?
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#42 - 2012-09-29 11:07:59 UTC
yes, snowball launcher was the best christmas present from all others we've got after that.
have still some of them but no balls. bring them back please
San Severina
One Point 0
#43 - 2012-09-29 12:39:40 UTC
I remember getting hit by snowballs about 150km off Rens top station in my shinny new Stabber. I nearly had heart failure, I thought I was under attack.

memories memories.
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#44 - 2012-09-29 12:44:09 UTC
San Severina wrote:
I remember getting hit by snowballs about 150km off Rens top station in my shinny new Stabber. I nearly had heart failure, I thought I was under attack.

memories memories.


"I thought I'm gonna die"
:-D
Cpt Pugwash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-09-29 13:44:11 UTC
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#46 - 2012-09-29 13:52:50 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
I like the idea behind this, so I've taken the liberty of letting my superiors at CCP know about this thread. Maybe it'll gain some traction that way. Keep up the good ideas!

This one post has completly changed my opinion of the ISD...

Good on you... CoolCoolCool
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2012-09-29 18:06:55 UTC
unlimited ammo snowball launchers go.
Momoyo
Rivinshield Trading Inc.
#48 - 2012-09-29 18:54:36 UTC
+1!
Brusanan
Sardaukar Merc Guild
General Tso's Alliance
#49 - 2012-09-29 20:50:20 UTC
Evil Incarn8 wrote:
Snowballs were released for two seperate xmas'.

I have a stack of 2005 and 2008 snowballs, they are distinguisehed by the MMV or MMVIII naming of the balls.

But yes they were very fun, and initially they were not melted straight after xmas, it was only after abuse of aggro mechanics later in the year that they had to be melted. Snowballs caused you to red box, but did not trigger any concord responce, this led to people believing it was sanctioned comabt and returning fire with normal eweapons.. to which concord does respond :)

I have fond memories of releasing my pent up aggression on concord, yes even snowballing concord ships didnt get you shot :)

So yes CCP, how about a little gift of snowball MMXII this year?

I don't think we will have too many problems with people Concording their ships now that CCP removed the ability to disable Concord warnings. So snowballs really wouldn't have the same griefing problems they did in the past.

Well that felt weird... I think the fact that I am endorsing the removal of a potential form of griefing is a testament to how badly I actually want Snowballs back.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#50 - 2012-09-29 20:55:25 UTC
+1 for more snowballs (and maybe a BPO to build them? :) )

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2012-10-01 12:33:48 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD TYPE40
Doomsday Snowball for Titans anyone? Would love to see a re-appearance of the snowballs myself, fun times and happy memories Twisted

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#52 - 2012-10-02 04:14:34 UTC
Eh? I have snowball launchers. Bring back snowballs I say... the un-melted ones!
galenwade
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2012-10-02 05:45:57 UTC
+1 for snowballs..... RvB snowball fightBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
enterprisePSI
#54 - 2012-10-02 05:49:15 UTC
I support this product and or service. Cool

The tears of the many, outweigh the tears of the few. Or the one. enterprise-psiĀ©

Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#55 - 2012-10-02 05:49:38 UTC
There are no seasons in space..

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#56 - 2012-10-02 05:54:47 UTC
Good old snowball launchers. Maybe make the snowball stack unlimited from dec 1st to the 31st then every one gets as much fun out of them as they want.

+1 internet space ship like
Real Poison
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2012-10-02 06:12:58 UTC
supported.

Although you're a bit late, i already started a thread for it quite a while ago.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1796342

Guess ppl weren't in a holiday mood back then.
Brusanan
Sardaukar Merc Guild
General Tso's Alliance
#58 - 2012-10-02 06:25:47 UTC
Real Poison wrote:
supported.

Although you're a bit late, i already started a thread for it quite a while ago.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1796342

Guess ppl weren't in a holiday mood back then.

There have been many, many more threads about this before either of ours were made. Lots of people want Snowball launchers to come back.

Come on guys, this thread isn't nearly big enough yet. I know there are thousands of pilots who want the same thing we do. It's just a matter of getting them to show their support.
Nostradamouse Riraille
S.M.U.G.G.L.E.
#59 - 2012-10-02 06:32:34 UTC
Gimme snowballs or gimme death
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#60 - 2012-10-02 08:08:58 UTC
Do want. Cool