These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Winter] New destroyers

First post
Author
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#61 - 2012-09-28 17:34:28 UTC
Eckyy wrote:
Has nobody else noticed the huge buff to drone damage amplifiers?

I noticed that my Pilgrim will get better. I also noticed that I now have a reason to train Light Missiles.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#62 - 2012-09-28 17:35:27 UTC
Dr Sheng-Ji Yang wrote:

Thrasher alpha wll eat it. Corm probably too.



My badger can kill your obelisk, and is therefore a better hauler.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
#63 - 2012-09-28 17:35:38 UTC
Spugg Galdon wrote:
Salpun wrote:
Spugg Galdon wrote:
Pictures or they don't exist!

I am aware of the Caldari one. Need to see the other three

Pictures are out there. But when duality opens up for players new videos should be uploaded before the weekend is out.


You can't say that without providing links!!!

Where are they goddammit

http://themittani.com/media/new-tempest-and-gallente-destroyer-renders

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Doddy
Excidium.
#64 - 2012-09-28 17:36:01 UTC
I'm Down wrote:
MIrple wrote:
I'm Down wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, this puts the new Caldari Missile destroyer in the 200 - 210 DPS at 60+ km range

Does this not negate everything you have already said about HML's, range and damage projection considering this is following the current trends and not the new path you guys were trying to lay down?


Think these ships are meant to operate with precisions what would the range be with this type of ammo fitted?


No, Light missiles are getting a boost to explosive velocity already this patch, and then this ship gets an added boost to hitting small fast targets

And i was wrong, it hits up to 260 dps at 57km w/o rigs/TCs

Ironically, this thing post changes is going to come awfully close to the drake in both dps and range with far less training time


And be instapopped by anything that looks at it at that range.

Its actually in line with the difference between turret dessies and turret bcs. Coercer rocks in at 209 dps with max ramge ammo 41k optimal, and it doesn't even have a damage bonus. Dessies are meant to be high dps, its what hey are for.
PinkKnife
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2012-09-28 17:37:21 UTC
Doddy wrote:
I'm Down wrote:
MIrple wrote:
I'm Down wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, this puts the new Caldari Missile destroyer in the 200 - 210 DPS at 60+ km range

Does this not negate everything you have already said about HML's, range and damage projection considering this is following the current trends and not the new path you guys were trying to lay down?


Think these ships are meant to operate with precisions what would the range be with this type of ammo fitted?


No, Light missiles are getting a boost to explosive velocity already this patch, and then this ship gets an added boost to hitting small fast targets

And i was wrong, it hits up to 260 dps at 57km w/o rigs/TCs

Ironically, this thing post changes is going to come awfully close to the drake in both dps and range with far less training time


And be instapopped by anything that looks at it at that range.

Its actually in line with the difference between turret dessies and turret bcs. Coercer rocks in at 209 dps with max ramge ammo 41k optimal, and it doesn't even have a damage bonus. Dessies are meant to be high dps, its what hey are for.


Except the drone boats, obv.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#66 - 2012-09-28 17:38:49 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
Eckyy wrote:
Has nobody else noticed the huge buff to drone damage amplifiers?

I also noticed that I now have a reason to train Light Missiles.


why you are also going to get a worm?

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#67 - 2012-09-28 17:39:10 UTC
if only there were light sentry drones :)

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Doddy
Excidium.
#68 - 2012-09-28 17:40:04 UTC
PinkKnife wrote:
Wait so why do the rest of the destros get two damage bonuses, but the amarr one gets a neut bonus? How does it not completely just replace the crucifier?


I hope you mean sentinel....

Anyway considering ishkur is a frig murderer even without a drone damage bonus i think you seriously underestimate drones.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#69 - 2012-09-28 17:40:32 UTC
that amarr one makes you think what would pirate dessies be like mm..

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Marcel Devereux
Aideron Robotics
#70 - 2012-09-28 17:42:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcel Devereux
Can you please, at length, go into the reasoning behind gimping Gallente drone bay. If you are going to gimp them so much please make loading turrets and missiles from cargo holds invalid and add a ammo bay. Then you can make it so that other races can only reload 1.5 times before they have to go and resupply. Also make it so that when they warp off that the ammo in their guns gets ejected. That way the entire fleet has to go back and resupply at the same time. Mood and fleet killer for every ship.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#71 - 2012-09-28 17:42:36 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
if only there were light sentry drones :)



thats what i am saying!

give us light sentry drones...

make them like regular ones have less dps then scouts... but better range... and make them really slow...

plus give us a role bonus to thier optimal ranges....

that way i can also put nuets on the high slots but they wont have any bonus...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#72 - 2012-09-28 17:43:29 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
why you are also going to get a worm?

I can fly one but I hear they're shite, so... I just like the idea of missile spam from the Caldari dessie here. It's looking pretty awesome.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

PinkKnife
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-09-28 17:44:18 UTC
Doddy wrote:
PinkKnife wrote:
Wait so why do the rest of the destros get two damage bonuses, but the amarr one gets a neut bonus? How does it not completely just replace the crucifier?


I hope you mean sentinel....

Anyway considering ishkur is a frig murderer even without a drone damage bonus i think you seriously underestimate drones.


No, I've used them constantly, and then they get left at gates, or blown up, or the spend 90% of the fight chasing a frigate that is barely moving but won't drop out of their MWD orbit so they can actually track/shoot the stupid thing.

If drones could produce reliable, delayed DPS like missiles do, they would be much more viable, as is, they are ridiculous.
Doddy
Excidium.
#74 - 2012-09-28 17:44:26 UTC
PinkKnife wrote:
Doddy wrote:
I'm Down wrote:
MIrple wrote:
I'm Down wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, this puts the new Caldari Missile destroyer in the 200 - 210 DPS at 60+ km range

Does this not negate everything you have already said about HML's, range and damage projection considering this is following the current trends and not the new path you guys were trying to lay down?


Think these ships are meant to operate with precisions what would the range be with this type of ammo fitted?


No, Light missiles are getting a boost to explosive velocity already this patch, and then this ship gets an added boost to hitting small fast targets

And i was wrong, it hits up to 260 dps at 57km w/o rigs/TCs

Ironically, this thing post changes is going to come awfully close to the drake in both dps and range with far less training time


And be instapopped by anything that looks at it at that range.

Its actually in line with the difference between turret dessies and turret bcs. Coercer rocks in at 209 dps with max ramge ammo 41k optimal, and it doesn't even have a damage bonus. Dessies are meant to be high dps, its what hey are for.


Except the drone boats, obv.


wut? The drone boats will out dps them all. Even not fitting any guns they will pull 300 dps. Theysuffers the normal drone drawbacks but dps is certainly not one of them
Zarnak Wulf
Amarrian Vengeance
Team Amarrica
#75 - 2012-09-28 17:45:13 UTC
The Gallente destroyer doesnt cut it. It will be hard to make rails work on the Gallente dessy due to no tracking bonus. It is also the largest destroyer at 72m. And it only has 4 turrets out of 6 high slots. I'm not impressed.

Doddy
Excidium.
#76 - 2012-09-28 17:45:39 UTC
PinkKnife wrote:
Doddy wrote:
PinkKnife wrote:
Wait so why do the rest of the destros get two damage bonuses, but the amarr one gets a neut bonus? How does it not completely just replace the crucifier?


I hope you mean sentinel....

Anyway considering ishkur is a frig murderer even without a drone damage bonus i think you seriously underestimate drones.


No, I've used them constantly, and then they get left at gates, or blown up, or the spend 90% of the fight chasing a frigate that is barely moving but won't drop out of their MWD orbit so they can actually track/shoot the stupid thing.

If drones could produce reliable, delayed DPS like missiles do, they would be much more viable, as is, they are ridiculous.


okay, well you stick to something else and i'll use the drone boats then Blink
PinkKnife
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2012-09-28 17:48:18 UTC
Doddy wrote:

wut? The drone boats will out dps them all. Even not fitting any guns they will pull 300 dps. Theysuffers the normal drone drawbacks but dps is certainly not one of them



You can't just look at straight dps numbers, look at applicable dps. It is the same reason you don't see 1600DPS drone domi's out there with Ogre IIs all the time.
MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#78 - 2012-09-28 17:48:50 UTC
Looks like the Amarr and Minmatar ones will reign supreme, but i'm glad they gave them all a bit of racial flavour rather than just homogenising them like the rebalanced scanning frigs.

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

Eckyy
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#79 - 2012-09-28 17:48:53 UTC
I think the Gallente destroyer has an interesting niche ability to be the most effective frig killer. Damage and range bonused guns, and damage bonused drones - and it has a good slot layout. It is definitely NOT a balanced ship, but frankly I think we have enough "balanced" ships in the game already.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#80 - 2012-09-28 17:49:35 UTC
PinkKnife wrote:
No, I've used them constantly, and then they get left at gates, or blown up, or the spend 90% of the fight chasing a frigate that is barely moving but won't drop out of their MWD orbit so they can actually track/shoot the stupid thing.

If drones could produce reliable, delayed DPS like missiles do, they would be much more viable, as is, they are ridiculous.



if you have trouble with drone tracking just do the recall and engage trick... works for me...

if you dont want them to be lost at a gate click recall then warp... they will be moved but you will not loose them and when you warp back they will come home...

though drone hp is a problem... i wish you could use nano repair paste on them while they are docked in your drone bay so you can repair them that way...

also try webbers and TP if you are having problems appling drone dps...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.