These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Proposal] Fix Wardec Exploits

First post First post First post
Author
Nguhnn Rama
Doomheim
#281 - 2012-11-30 13:08:18 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

I wish I was as smart as you Sad

Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
The Network.
#282 - 2012-12-01 04:48:07 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
LordShazbot wrote:
So this will still not be fixed come Dec 4th?

No, it will not be fixed.

There is no reason it shouldn't be fixable.


welcome to my hell.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#283 - 2012-12-01 21:54:05 UTC
So RvB - RED Federation has just disbanded (3000 players), and we just stole their alliance name so they can't reform. If only there were some mechanic in place to prevent these alliances from being permanently trapped in wars. I'm not even sure they can reform into a new alliance because they're still stuck in outgoing wars.
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#284 - 2012-12-01 23:00:36 UTC
10 isk says it becomes an "extenuating circumstance" and they get their alliance back.

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Xamiakas
United-Empire
#285 - 2012-12-01 23:22:20 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
10 isk says it becomes an "extenuating circumstance" and they get their alliance back.


would surprise me if ccp would actually grow a pair and.. it wouldn`t happen :D

<-- unbelievably low tollerance to stupidity in people. That + you being your mother's child might aswell be the main reason why i am NOT your father.

CCP Tallest
C C P
C C P Alliance
#286 - 2012-12-03 11:01:43 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
LordShazbot wrote:
So this will still not be fixed come Dec 4th?

No, it will not be fixed.

I would like to take this moment to thank people for white knighting for CCP. But like I said. You will all go free when you can get free on your own. I am not releasing any of you early because the system is not fixed. And it is not fixed until it is. I've not been hiding any of the methods I'm using from anyone. There is no reason it shouldn't be fixable.


Try it on Buckingham. You might be surprised.

[b]★ EVE Game Designer ★ ♥ Team Super Friends ♥[/b]

AssassinationsdoneWrong
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#287 - 2012-12-03 11:17:21 UTC  |  Edited by: AssassinationsdoneWrong
CCP Tallest wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
LordShazbot wrote:
So this will still not be fixed come Dec 4th?

No, it will not be fixed.

I would like to take this moment to thank people for white knighting for CCP. But like I said. You will all go free when you can get free on your own. I am not releasing any of you early because the system is not fixed. And it is not fixed until it is. I've not been hiding any of the methods I'm using from anyone. There is no reason it shouldn't be fixable.


Try it on Buckingham. You might be surprised.


I was hoping an announcement like this was going to be coming on the day before deployment. Well played CCP.
Not sure what I think about the Red Fed thing Zerg. You're basically think-tank griefing now. I've noticed corps aren't getting proper instructions on what to do when they join DecShield or on how many players they can be legally shot by. (The surrender list and the begging that comes with it just for us to let some bears out of a mistake they made by misguidedly joining DecShield bear this out).

I came into this experience thinking the only annoyance for us was the constant notifications (maybe even get some pew out of it) and that you were doing this solely based on philanthropic reasons but the Red Fed name steal and the lack of any kind of movement on your side suggests there is more to this and you're getting a little too much enjoyment out of being the hand on the mixing spoon.

Give Red Fed back their alliance name. You're actually affecting the new player base subbing on a game you claim to be an advocate for.

The Nexus 7's

What we fall short of in numbers we more than make up for in stupidity

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#288 - 2012-12-03 11:34:26 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
10 isk says it becomes an "extenuating circumstance" and they get their alliance back.

The chance of this happening is pretty close to 100%. Got to grant special protections to groups that CCP likes.
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#289 - 2012-12-03 13:43:42 UTC
screwing up low entry PvP IS a good reason to force someone to change their alliance name

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Reppyk
The Black Shell
#290 - 2012-12-03 14:33:12 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
The chance of this happening is pretty close to 100%. Got to grant special protections to groups that CCP likes.
Even another alliance couldn't get this from the devs.

I'm really curious what will happen next !

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#291 - 2012-12-03 20:36:25 UTC  |  Edited by: The Zerg Overmind
CCP Tallest wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
LordShazbot wrote:
So this will still not be fixed come Dec 4th?

No, it will not be fixed.

I would like to take this moment to thank people for white knighting for CCP. But like I said. You will all go free when you can get free on your own. I am not releasing any of you early because the system is not fixed. And it is not fixed until it is. I've not been hiding any of the methods I'm using from anyone. There is no reason it shouldn't be fixable.


Try it on Buckingham. You might be surprised.

Sweet. So you guys changed the rules at the last moment to stop the new loophole? I'm downloading Buckingham now, but I doubt there's enough time left for me to actually verify things before Retribution goes live ^^

Edit: I've just received a second verification from another dev saying that our proposed loophole has been fixed
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#292 - 2012-12-05 23:32:50 UTC
So an update on what we're seeing so far:

1.) We're not sure if the situation has been fixed.

2.) Wars that are set mutual by the defender can start a 24hr retraction by the aggressor. We set all our wars unmutual right before the expansion to avoid this (and rightfully so, a dropped corp experienced 74 retractions in under 8hrs by staying mutual)

3.) No wars against Dec Shield have ended in the past 48hrs (by random distribution of our 286 wars around 81 should have naturally ended by now), so something is going on

4.) We proposed a new method of maintaining infinite war by a repeating multi-day staggered sequence of dropping corps out of alliance and rejoining a few days later to restore any dropped wars. Under the old rules this would have been effective because the start date of wars were set fresh when a corp joined/left an alliance. Two devs have sworn this is fixed, but not how they fixed it. Our proposed fix was to inherit the start date from the parent war when making a copy to prevent the 7 day extensions.

5.) Corps dropping out of an alliance still do not inherit the start dates of their parent wars. Because of the dev insistence that this loophole won't work we've concluded that all wars have a hidden end-date that isn't visible to the players. It is possible that copied wars now inherit this hidden end-date timer from the parent wars. Thus it's very possible the loophole is closed and we won't know until it's too late.

6.) But using evidence from point 3 above, something has changed with wardec mechanics. Or it's a "feature" we never knew about before because we had never unmutualed wars. As I said, we should of had 81 retractions by now and we've had none. Therefore we've come to believe that the act of unmutualing a war sets the hidden end-date timer back by at least 48hrs (probably 7 days). Therefore, since it's possible to instantly mutual/unmutual a war we've begun tests along these lines to see if unmutualing extends the end-date. We will know for sure in 5 days the results of these tests.
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#293 - 2012-12-06 04:22:39 UTC  |  Edited by: The Zerg Overmind
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#294 - 2012-12-06 09:36:20 UTC
So nobody really understands the "simple wardec mechanisms introduced in Inferno/Retribution". Straight

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Brib Vogt
Doomheim
#295 - 2012-12-06 17:35:31 UTC
I haven't wrote something in a while. I was hoping for CCP to end it well, but i doubted it. I had so many petitions about the "Copy" mechanism being the root of the problem, but no GM nor any CCP member answered them in a satisfying way. Last petition ended in"It will be fixed".

I am so disappointed by CCP responses in this forum. I do not know if you, ZERG, are in direct contact with CCP, but responses like "Try it on Buckingham. You might be surprised" show no professionalism.

I started another petition, my last one on this matter, to answer for and to explain the current changes.

I have to say, I am not surprised by the actual outcome.


To end it i will use some words from my favorite EVE movie

crap Crap MEGA CRAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnKk2ysyNrA
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#296 - 2012-12-07 00:38:48 UTC  |  Edited by: The Zerg Overmind
We're still investigating whether or not it's fixed. I could use information from our trapped people:

What timestamp is your bill set for these entities?

Dec Shield
Wardec Flopper
Wardec Flipper
Wardec Flapper
Zerg Hatchery
RvB - Red Federation
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#297 - 2012-12-07 01:05:06 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
We're still investigating whether or not it's fixed. I could use information from our trapped people:

What timestamp is your bill set for these entities?

Dec Shield
Wardec Flopper
Wardec Flipper
Wardec Flapper
Zerg Hatchery
RvB - Red Federation


Dec Shield: 2012.12.04 05:16
Wardec Flopper: 2012.12.05 20:54
Wardec Flipper: 2012.12.05 07:55
Wardec Flapper: 2012.12.06 04:26
Zerg Hatchery: 2012.12.04 03:29
RvB - Red Federation: 2012.12.07 00:46

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#298 - 2012-12-07 01:07:38 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
We're still investigating whether or not it's fixed. I could use information from our trapped people:

What timestamp is your bill set for these entities?

Dec Shield
Wardec Flopper
Wardec Flipper
Wardec Flapper
Zerg Hatchery
RvB - Red Federation


Dec Shield: 2012.12.04 05:16
Wardec Flopper: 2012.12.05 20:54
Wardec Flipper: 2012.12.05 07:55
Wardec Flapper: 2012.12.06 04:26
Zerg Hatchery: 2012.12.04 03:29
RvB - Red Federation: 2012.12.07 00:46

That seems to be when the notifications were sent out. What's the timestamp of when the bill is set for?
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#299 - 2012-12-07 01:09:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Hans Jagerblitzen
Derp, one moment.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#300 - 2012-12-07 01:18:02 UTC
Found the due dates, my bad:

Dec Shield: 2012.12.11 05:16
Wardec Flipper: 2012.12.11 05:16
Zerg Hatchery: 2012.12.11 03:29
RvB - Red Federation: 2012.12.11 05:16
Wardec Flapper: *war not listed in bills*
Wardec Flopper: *war not listed in bills*

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary