These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dec Shield - End of the Second Era

First post First post
Author
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#21 - 2012-09-24 10:02:20 UTC
Unless you have enough players inside dec shield it will be useless. The number of merc alliances, griefers, one corps, etc etc etc are way bigger in numbers then the guys who will be inside decshield.

So good idea, cuz its shows the dec mechanism fails. But be careful who you 'trap' Twisted

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#22 - 2012-09-24 10:53:30 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
This is so devious...

No, it really isn't. I've considered doing this for a while but don't really have the time nor the visibility to make anything out of it.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Vladimir Norkoff
Income Redistribution Service
#23 - 2012-09-24 11:11:41 UTC
Lovely... Best part is, this tactic was brought up when CCP was asking for pre-implementation feedback. Working as intended.

Almost makes the Crimewatch ideas palatable. At least that only lasts for 15 minutes.... Maybe... maybe they planned it this way all along.... *tinfoil hat*
Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-09-24 13:56:59 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
This is so devious...

No, it really isn't. I've considered doing this for a while but don't really have the time nor the visibility to make anything out of it.


I considered doing this since last year!

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Jessa Leone
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-09-24 16:42:41 UTC
Now what happens to the corps once they drop from Dec Shield. Do they now get a copy of all mutual wars against dec shield?
Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-09-24 16:52:56 UTC
Jessa Leone wrote:
Now what happens to the corps once they drop from Dec Shield. Do they now get a copy of all mutual wars against dec shield?


Yes, they do. All wars transfer also to the corporation that leaves the alliance, and remain active until the war runs it's natural duration, at which time the corporation/alliance that has initiated conflict can decide to pay the upkeep fee for 50,000,000 ISK instead of whatever it would normally be. We've used this previously to continue wars, and we'd like to thank alliances for keeping it going for us!

(Note: I don't know if making it mutual will do anything.)

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#27 - 2012-09-24 21:37:06 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:

No, it really isn't. I've considered doing this for a while but don't really have the time nor the visibility to make anything out of it.

Ristlin Wakefield wrote:
I considered doing this since last year!

You are both welcome to join Dec Shield at your leisure to siphon off our wars and bring them back to your own corps/alliances. Since you can get exact copies of our wars, we can continue to spread these wars between countless entities in the game, never allowing any to escape.

Last night we trapped C0VEN alliance into a permanent wardec from which they'll never escape. We also had 'Bridgeburnners' disband to avoid being permanently trapped. They reformed into Rock Hard Innovations, when they start another war we'll have them again. We're also getting continuous surrender offers from VR Corp, P I R A T, Die Wildgaense, etc etc. I've been deleting notifications because there are too many. The tears must flow.
Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#28 - 2012-09-24 21:54:34 UTC
Meh, we're more likely to end up at war with you guys. It's not going to be a huge difference either way tbh. We joined DS last time around and didn't see jack **** for like 3 weeks.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#29 - 2012-09-24 21:57:36 UTC
Ya, a lot of our current wars have stagnated, or people transferred out of the corps. It'll probably be a few weeks before we pick up enough live wardecs to present targets. But you're right, you'll probably get sucked into a permawar with us sooner or later. Right now we're sitting at 58 wars, with another 4-5 in the next 24hrs.
jimmyjam
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#30 - 2012-09-25 00:02:51 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
Ya, a lot of our current wars have stagnated, or people transferred out of the corps. It'll probably be a few weeks before we pick up enough live wardecs to present targets. But you're right, you'll probably get sucked into a permawar with us sooner or later. Right now we're sitting at 58 wars, with another 4-5 in the next 24hrs.

What,s the point the if everyone just bails out when the realize the permanence of the dec.
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#31 - 2012-09-25 00:12:48 UTC
They don't all bail. Only about 20% of our victims have bailed. And since we'll continue to accumulate them, the choice of highsec targets we're holding captive will only get better. Some entities will never be able to escape or disband like the nullsec alliances. If any of them are foolish enough to declare wars they'll end up screwed.
Tolene
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-09-25 00:55:47 UTC
Wardec mechanics are like swiss cheese - full of holes P

Nothing really changes for c0ven as we did not expect to escape the mutual war with Penumbra Institute anyway. But the idea is funny.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#33 - 2012-09-25 11:29:00 UTC
Tolene wrote:
Wardec mechanics are like swiss cheese - full of holes P

Nothing really changes for c0ven as we did not expect to escape the mutual war with Penumbra Institute anyway. But the idea is funny.


Pleasure doing business.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#34 - 2012-09-25 11:31:29 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:

No, it really isn't. I've considered doing this for a while but don't really have the time nor the visibility to make anything out of it.

Ristlin Wakefield wrote:
I considered doing this since last year!

You are both welcome to join Dec Shield at your leisure to siphon off our wars and bring them back to your own corps/alliances. Since you can get exact copies of our wars, we can continue to spread these wars between countless entities in the game, never allowing any to escape.

Last night we trapped C0VEN alliance into a permanent wardec from which they'll never escape. We also had 'Bridgeburnners' disband to avoid being permanently trapped. They reformed into Rock Hard Innovations, when they start another war we'll have them again. We're also getting continuous surrender offers from VR Corp, P I R A T, Die Wildgaense, etc etc. I've been deleting notifications because there are too many. The tears must flow.


Pleasure doing business! :)
Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-09-25 13:35:36 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:

No, it really isn't. I've considered doing this for a while but don't really have the time nor the visibility to make anything out of it.

Ristlin Wakefield wrote:
I considered doing this since last year!

You are both welcome to join Dec Shield at your leisure to siphon off our wars and bring them back to your own corps/alliances. Since you can get exact copies of our wars, we can continue to spread these wars between countless entities in the game, never allowing any to escape.

Last night we trapped C0VEN alliance into a permanent wardec from which they'll never escape. We also had 'Bridgeburnners' disband to avoid being permanently trapped. They reformed into Rock Hard Innovations, when they start another war we'll have them again. We're also getting continuous surrender offers from VR Corp, P I R A T, Die Wildgaense, etc etc. I've been deleting notifications because there are too many. The tears must flow.


I'm afraid if I join I'll wake up one day with you standing over me with that look on your face.

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Maldad Asesino
Failed Diplomacy
#36 - 2012-09-25 16:31:18 UTC
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:

I'm afraid if I join I'll wake up one day with you standing over me with that look on your face.



lol!
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#37 - 2012-09-25 16:44:54 UTC
Looks like you managed to pick up some tears on the Suggestions forum.....

Waaaa Mum, make the game change to suit me.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#38 - 2012-09-25 19:18:03 UTC
Go Dec Shield!

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#39 - 2012-09-25 21:31:39 UTC
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:
I'm afraid if I join I'll wake up one day with you standing over me with that look on your face.

People tell me I have a trustworthy face
Pipa Porto
#40 - 2012-09-25 21:35:16 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:
I'm afraid if I join I'll wake up one day with you standing over me with that look on your face.

People tell me I have a trustworthy face


I trust you to do something...


Problem is, I don't want that thing to happen.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto