These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I'm confused. What preceded warp to zero?

Author
Bart Starr
Aggressive Structural Steel Expediting Services
#61 - 2012-09-23 05:40:42 UTC
Oh, I'm not saying it would be perfect.
for instance, they would have to rework slightly how to spawn player around a gate, perhaps increasing the range.
(Because some players would be 'behind' the bubble and it would be annoying as hell to have to go around it to warp to wherever your destination is)

But I maintain it would have two main advantages - mainly it would increase distances (and make other parts of Empire more exotic). And I've discussed it at length. Secondary benefit is it would create a much needed PVP zone around gates. This is something that is currently lacking, because there just isn't much reason to go anywhere other than stations (large docking rings, docking games) or gates, where WTZ reduces player to player exposure to just 'outbound alignment time'.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#62 - 2012-09-23 06:09:31 UTC
Bart Starr wrote:
for instance, they would have to rework slightly how to spawn player around a gate, perhaps increasing the range.
(Because some players would be 'behind' the bubble and it would be annoying as hell to have to go around it to warp to wherever your destination is)

But I maintain it would have two main advantages - mainly it would increase distances (and make other parts of Empire more exotic). And I've discussed it at length. Secondary benefit is it would create a much needed PVP zone around gates. This is something that is currently lacking, because there just isn't much reason to go anywhere other than stations (large docking rings, docking games) or gates, where WTZ reduces player to player exposure to just 'outbound alignment time'.

Not wanting to split hairs but the distance remains exactly the same. You simply increase the time for active players to get anywhere which is the reason why AP is still at 15k.

It would make zero difference to hubs because AP supplies so much and for them, nothing changes. It would actually increase player disparticipation because we may as well just AP everywhere.

Insofar as increasing PvP around gates, how? Your attacking force is currently on gate departure with your scouts on gate entry - plenty of time to aggress unless you're lame.

So maybe you mean you simply want to agress before they even get to gate? Who? The enemy? They'll just warp to BM and stay off range like they do in 0.0. If they can't get to the gate they're not even going to bother. It will restrict the PvP opportunities, not increase. If both parties intend to fight then gate mechanics are irrelevant to this topic.

The only reason I could think of for wanting this "change" is for going after targets for a gank, then, well , good luck with that. Ganking is easy now. Making it even easier for lazy players is counter-productive.

When people start wishing for backward steps, doesn't take long to work out that it beneifts them and their style of play only.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Michael1995
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#63 - 2012-09-23 06:14:42 UTC
It's more like warp to within 2km of the target anyway. Big smile

Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#64 - 2012-09-23 06:27:57 UTC
Michael1995 wrote:
It's more like warp to within 2km of the target anyway. Big smile

Dram pilot?

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

T'Laar Bok
#65 - 2012-09-23 07:01:30 UTC
Before? We walked, nude, and we loved it.

I may have made that up but as a bitter vet you never know.

Amphetimines are your friend.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/T'Laar_Bok

Agent Akari
Dragonfire Industries
#66 - 2012-09-23 07:06:22 UTC
This change was needed or people could never enter 0.0
CCP wants us to get more into null sec, not scare us back to high sec.
Pipa Porto
#67 - 2012-09-23 07:22:30 UTC
Bart Starr wrote:

How? AP times would remain the same, further increasing the incentive to haul things AFK. Separating the HS factions by LS would only serve to concentrate the players in whichever area has a higher starting population (vicious circle of cheaper raw materials because of higher supply resulting in more demand resulting in more supply being routed there. Same reason Caldari space currently has the highest population).

It would simply create a free bubble camp at every gate for LS and Null.

Quote:
would create a much needed PVP zone around gates.

That's rich. Create? Most PVP in LS happens on gates, same with most casual PvP in nullsec, and a good chunk of PvP in HS (not sure what the ratio between stations and gates for HS combat locations is).

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#68 - 2012-09-23 07:41:15 UTC
T'Laar Bok wrote:
Before? We walked, nude, and we loved it.

/me looked hard for fig leaves on the market. Nope.

You lie.

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#69 - 2012-09-23 09:06:12 UTC
Warp to Zero has a Counter: Bubbles.

edit: In Null anyway.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#70 - 2012-09-23 09:54:56 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
1. That's not how forums work.

If I hit the edit button it can be a tech moon whine thread in seconds. Maybe it is you who does not understand forum-jitsu.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Pipa Porto
#71 - 2012-09-23 10:46:24 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
1. That's not how forums work.

If I hit the edit button it can be a tech moon whine thread in seconds. Maybe it is you who does not understand forum-jitsu.

You could, but then we'd hop over to EVE Search, quote your original OP and laugh at you.

-RubyPorto

TheBreadMuncher
#72 - 2012-09-23 10:50:11 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
You could, but then we'd hop over to EVE Search, quote your original OP and laugh at you.

That's not the point. The thread would have changed.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Pipa Porto
#73 - 2012-09-23 10:52:26 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

That's not the point. The thread would have changed.

Why? Being dishonest doesn't change the original topic of the thread.

-RubyPorto

TheBreadMuncher
#74 - 2012-09-23 11:45:42 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:

Never heard of a spiderman thread? Things change, Pipa.

Pipa Porto
#75 - 2012-09-23 11:57:53 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

Never heard of a spiderman thread? Things change, Pipa.

So you're simply trolling and driving your own thread off topic. Cool story.

-RubyPorto

TheBreadMuncher
#76 - 2012-09-23 12:02:00 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:

And you took it hook, line and sinker. My question was answered, the purpose of the thread was fulfilled and therefore any further posting was simply necroing.

ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#77 - 2012-09-23 12:09:34 UTC
Anyone who tells you that "the good old days without WTZ" is wrong and was probably a gate camper when they implemented the change

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Pipa Porto
#78 - 2012-09-23 12:13:53 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

And you took it hook, line and sinker. My question was answered, the purpose of the thread was fulfilled and therefore any further posting was simply necroing.

So, instead of letting it evolve naturally into a discussion of the merits of WTZ, you've decided to troll it out of existence because you shot your wad already? Sounds like you're simply a narcissistic prick.

-RubyPorto

TheBreadMuncher
#79 - 2012-09-23 12:17:00 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
So, instead of letting it evolve naturally into a discussion of the merits of WTZ, you've decided to troll it out of existence because you shot your wad already? Sounds like you're simply a narcissistic prick.

And you sound mad for some reason. Lol

Pipa Porto
#80 - 2012-09-23 12:25:54 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

And you sound mad for some reason. Lol

Lookee there, a meme that I've never heard before. Roll

I like how "umadbro" is your response to being called out for being a jackass.

-RubyPorto