These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[IPO] Domino Investments Bank - Closed Until New Years

Author
Clystan
Binaerie Heavy Industries
#21 - 2012-09-27 23:31:32 UTC
Question:

Invest 10 million - it will repay in 10 months. (Sell the shares back and the money will double to 20 million)

Or

Use a barge for an hour or two

Or - pick up some stuff in an indy and make this in an hour or two

Or - run a mission or 3

Unless I am missing something, why would anyone want to invest a small amount?

Why are you even offering shares so inexpensively and do people really buy in?

Investment Domino
Domino Investments Bank
#22 - 2012-10-02 15:21:17 UTC
Clystan wrote:
Question:

Invest 10 million - it will repay in 10 months. (Sell the shares back and the money will double to 20 million)

Or

Or - run a mission or 3

If all you had was 10m, then yes. I don't think the best way to make money would be to invest it in someone/something else. Especially, like you said, you could easily make as much money back by investing in yourself.

However, not everyone goes out and uses their money, or at least all of it, to make them more money. A lot of people just leave gobs of isk in their wallet collecting space dust. More or less, the essence of how this works is that I'm working for you.

Do people invest? Yes, I have about 4 people that I don't know who have invested. Everyone else are friends that I've met in game or have known for a while. I understand if this looks suspicious, I'd question the whole thing too. I am enjoying what I'm doing though.

Unfortunately there are no shares left to be bought. You can reserve some shares, "prepuchase", some shares for a future share buy. They will come available around New Years. This too is almost sold out. I think I only have about 2000 left, and a lot of those are "verbally" accounted for. This is why I say small sums. It's easier to give people 20 or so shares instead of 2000.

Good speed!

Dethmourne Silvermane
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-10-02 16:32:26 UTC
I'll make a standing offer for 200k isk/share, feel free to evemail me if you're interested in selling yours.

Interested Party (TM)

Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#24 - 2012-10-02 21:09:55 UTC
Can this be validated by any backing parties such as alliances that have something to lose or Trustworthy well known main characters who may have respect to lose?

What access will the public have to the inner dealings information of the internal ISK management?
Clystan
Binaerie Heavy Industries
#25 - 2012-10-02 21:43:23 UTC
Investment Domino wrote:
Clystan wrote:
Question:

Or

Or - run a mission or 3

If all you had was 10m, then yes. I don't think the best way to make money would be to invest it in someone/something else. Especially, like you said, you could easily make as much money back by investing in yourself.

However, not everyone goes out and uses their money, or at least all of it, to make them more money. A lot of people just leave gobs of isk in their wallet collecting space dust. More or less, the essence of how this works is that I'm working for you.

Do people invest? Yes, I have about 4 people that I don't know who have invested. Everyone else are friends that I've met in game or have known for a while. I understand if this looks suspicious, I'd question the whole thing too. I am enjoying what I'm doing though.

Unfortunately there are no shares left to be bought. You can reserve some shares, "prepuchase", some shares for a future share buy. They will come available around New Years. This too is almost sold out. I think I only have about 2000 left, and a lot of those are "verbally" accounted for. This is why I say small sums. It's easier to give people 20 or so shares instead of 2000.

Good speed!

On paper - it makes sense with larger amounts of disposable ISK weighted against risk.

Anyway - good luck and thanks for the response.
David Forge
GameOn Inc.
#26 - 2012-10-03 04:50:06 UTC
I am still not clear on the purpose of this. You are taking on both extra work and new risk with no personal gain at all. If time and effort are money then this venture is a net loss for you.
Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
Seraphim Division
#27 - 2012-10-04 08:32:19 UTC
David Forge wrote:
I am still not clear on the purpose of this. You are taking on both extra work and new risk with no personal gain at all. If time and effort are money then this venture is a net loss for you.

It's a pyramid scheme. You give him 100 mil, and he pays you back out of your own money. Eventually he gets enough people investing where he stops paying anybody and just runs off with the money. It's been done before.
David Forge
GameOn Inc.
#28 - 2012-10-04 17:03:18 UTC
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:
It's a pyramid scheme. You give him 100 mil, and he pays you back out of your own money. Eventually he gets enough people investing where he stops paying anybody and just runs off with the money. It's been done before.

I wanted him to let that slip. Lol
Previous page12