These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Author
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#781 - 2012-09-12 21:09:13 UTC  |  Edited by: TheBreadMuncher
RIP to an influential figure. EVE Players aren't the most religious of people - maybe that's why we pewpew each other in pixels rather than ending real lives. It's a shame that a promised afterlife will drive men to the most base and cowardly of acts.

EDIT: I spoke in haste. http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI says something about the people who do not bow down.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Akima Jarka
Universalis Imperium
Goonswarm Federation
#782 - 2012-09-12 21:11:17 UTC
RIP VR

"It does the sheep no good to preach the goodness of a diet of grass, if the wolves are of a different mind." - Nathan Rahl

LOL56
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#783 - 2012-09-12 21:12:26 UTC
o7
Jace Errata
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#784 - 2012-09-12 21:16:04 UTC
I hate when **** like this happens. See you starside, Vile Rat.

tweeten

One day they woke me up so I could live forever

It's such a shame the same will never happen to you

Maxpie
MUSE LLP
#785 - 2012-09-12 21:16:34 UTC
Rest in peace. Hopefully you are in a better place.

No good deed goes unpunished

AdmiralJohn
The Unknown Bar and Pub
#786 - 2012-09-12 21:16:45 UTC
I was never so lucky as to meet him myself, but I still feel as though I have lost a dear friend today. He will be missed.
UDSaxman
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#787 - 2012-09-12 21:19:43 UTC
On behalf of BDEAL, I would like to extend our condolences to the whole Goonswarm/CFC family at the tragic and senseless loss of Vile Rat. He was the most level headed and fair diplo we ever had the pleasure of dealing with and his loss will be mourned by all of EVE and the USA. Our hearts go out to his family and friends while they deal with this sad tragedy.

RIP Vile Rat
UDSaxman
CEO of Important Internet Spaceship League

XO and Recruiter for Important Internet Spaceship League

Azgard Majik
Ilium Skies
#788 - 2012-09-12 21:20:19 UTC
A huge loss and thoughts to family and friends.

Rest in peace chief
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#789 - 2012-09-12 21:22:44 UTC
He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Sakura Nihil
Faded Light
#790 - 2012-09-12 21:23:25 UTC
I was thinking of how to describe him with co-workers earlier today, and the best I could come up with was that he was "the Henry Kissinger of EVE", an influential figure in-game as Mittani noted that shaped galactic events for a good part of a decade. I wish I could have known him as more than a name and an affiliation, he seemed like a chill guy on many levels from the people that knew him best.

I think the Goons (purportedly) said it best...

Quote:
As you grieve, remember that Vile Rat died doing what he loved, eating Libyan food and enraging people to the point of absurdity by his bare existence.
Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#791 - 2012-09-12 21:25:06 UTC
It is always weird to see what people who play this game do in real life Ugh

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Ginger Barbarella
#792 - 2012-09-12 21:25:29 UTC
Rest in Peace, sir. You will be missed. My greatest condolences to his family and friends.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Durka Time
Destructive Influence
Northern Coalition.
#793 - 2012-09-12 21:26:31 UTC
RIP Vile Rat
Jim Era
#794 - 2012-09-12 21:27:19 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Eshtir
*I will give you this one and only warning, do not try to bring politics into this thread. -ISD Eshtir*

Wat™

Ueberlisk
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#795 - 2012-09-12 21:29:07 UTC
RIP Vile Rat.
JustSharkbait
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#796 - 2012-09-12 21:29:22 UTC
RIP Vile Rat.

o7

Hoo Ha Ha!!

Glary Crazy
Empyrean Warriors
#797 - 2012-09-12 21:29:52 UTC
Sincere condolences for the friends and family of Vile Rat. While I only knew of him through his actions and articles, it is still a sad loss to all of eve.
TheBreadMuncher
#798 - 2012-09-12 21:30:02 UTC
Jim Era wrote:
*I will give you this one and only warning, do not try to bring politics into this thread. -ISD Eshtir*

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#799 - 2012-09-12 21:30:41 UTC
Here's a toast

To Vile Rat, to Christopher Stevens, to all the others killed in the attack on the consulate yesterday, to everyone killed in senseless violence, and to all our fellow eve players who have passed on, and their families and friends.

Brave spacecaptains past, and beloved dead, we honor you in death as best we players know how. With copious amounts of alcohol.
TheBreadMuncher
#800 - 2012-09-12 21:32:41 UTC
Saede Riordan wrote:
Here's a toast

To Vile Rat, to Christopher Stevens, to all the others killed in the attack on the consulate yesterday, to everyone killed in senseless violence, and to all our fellow eve players who have passed on, and their families and friends.

Brave spacecaptains past, and beloved dead, we honor you in death as best we players know how. With copious amounts of alcohol.

I support this toast. As we speak I am podding corp members and mailing messages to my alliance diplomat, in Rat's honour.