These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVEMon v1.7.2

Author
Sarmatiko
#21 - 2011-10-02 02:28:36 UTC
My two cents about this version:
ISK amount on character wallet is barely noticeable. Why this critical info is stored between character bithday and bloodline which is not useful at all at main window?
Available certificates message will annoy you forever unless you completely turn off notification for this.
Theodore Knox
Ducks in Outer Space
#22 - 2011-10-02 06:18:06 UTC
Dragonaire wrote:
Quote:
Corporate industry jobs are only available via a Corporate API, which can only be set up by CEOs. This doesn't look like an EVEMon problem, but an oversight on CCP's part.
It's not an oversight it was done so the CEOs and directors (which can also make corp keys) would have some actual control over whom, what and the when of corp data sharing outside of a corp. If you are in charge of managing something in a corp it shouldn't be that hard to have one of them make you the key you need. Many corps were largely unaware how many people had access to this data before and could unknowingly be sharing it. If I had ever been a corp spy I won't have even tried to become a Director or CEO in a corp just offered to fuel some POSes and help out with some building and mining and I'd have had all the intel I needed through the API to know where best to hurt them. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of it either.

This just strengthens the case for CCP to overhaul the corp management tools, eh? Smile
Raiikon Xzinlai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-10-02 22:28:25 UTC
Latex Lover wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

Hit the create link.
Give it a name. This is purely so you can identify which one it is. Something like evemon would do.
Pick which character it's for, or leave it on all, if you want it to be usable for all your characters
Go through the checkboxes on the right hand side to set its access level. Using all of them isn't a bad idea with evemon. same as a full key.

There are no checkboxes on the right.

Quote:

Hit submit.

This button doesn't do anything. Clicking on the "generate" link also does nothing.

Did CCP break their api page?

[i]edit[/i/ I tried to load it in IE instead of firefox and it worked - after I told IE to ignore all of the security warnings it threw up regarding invalid security certificates... Though the checkboxes are on the bottom of the page isntead of the right and the entire layout of teh page is ****** up - like most of what CCP codes...

It just looks like the CSS layout is not set up correctly to account for smaller browser windows. If you maximize the browser (at least when I do), the page looks fine with the API tables centered in the center of the page, and the check boxes on the right of the creation page. But when the browser is minimized to a size smaller than optimal, the tables are condensing as far as they can without cutting of the actual data in the field, and the they hang out of the main area. When this goes to far, the layout pushes the tables down to the bottom of the page.
Tesla Grass
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2011-10-05 16:24:45 UTC
Too bad CCP can't get this and the "My Character" and "Account Manangement" in the same sorta area. Always hurts when you haven't done this for a while. However, the CAK feature is pretty cool.
Kraila
Metallofullerene Addicts
#25 - 2011-10-06 15:47:11 UTC
Sometimes like this morning, EvEMon has issues querying the APi and game servers. My API keys I've supplied the program work, as it was fine last night, however this morning when evemon launched it cant pull down any updates and just spams the bottom right of my task bar with the white notification window saying there is an error while querying the server status. Its not even a single message, its like EveMon is trying to incessantly query every 2 seconds and so the notification pops up again immediately after I close it.

Any known fixes?
Ovetganna
the Eagle-owl mercenary squadron
#26 - 2011-10-06 15:56:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Ovetganna
it's not a problem of EVE MON and it's not only yours problem.

API requests result nothing (they say API is correct but no xml and even no characters to select - you can try to) in both EVE MON (4 chars) and EFT of mine.
this matter both of old and new APIs.

waiting for CCP's comments.

(and sorry for my bad english, yeah)
Mynril
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-10-06 16:10:50 UTC
Kraila wrote:
Sometimes like this morning, EvEMon has issues querying the APi and game servers. My API keys I've supplied the program work, as it was fine last night, however this morning when evemon launched it cant pull down any updates and just spams the bottom right of my task bar with the white notification window saying there is an error while querying the server status. Its not even a single message, its like EveMon is trying to incessantly query every 2 seconds and so the notification pops up again immediately after I close it.

Any known fixes?

Having the same issue this morning.. I basically have to close evemon because my taskbar is just spamming errors. It normally works.. but today its on the fritz.
Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#28 - 2011-10-06 16:54:56 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=18210

The api system is, currently, broken. Nothing to do with evemon.
damnjita
Sinq Laison Collective
Northern Associates.
#29 - 2011-10-06 19:52:35 UTC
Jenn Makanen wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=18210

The api system is, currently, broken. Nothing to do with evemon.

Actually:

Quote:

Update at 19:35 UTC

We have identified an issue with EVE Mon which was making too many calls and slowing the API to a stop and have been working with the team at Battleclinic to resolve the issue. We advise all users to get the fix from EVE Mon which has now been deployed and available for all users. An auto update for all EVE Mon clients will kick in gradually over the next four hours. We expect that the EVE API will return to service within the next few hours
CCP Navigator - Lead Community Representative
Desmont McCallock
#30 - 2011-10-06 20:00:44 UTC
Actually, it was a combined issue.

Both CCP and EVEMon caused the outage.

The fact is that we fixed it as soon as we identified the issue.
Things should be back to normal as soon as everybody updates to version 1.5.1.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#31 - 2011-10-06 20:08:29 UTC
Bah. my tachyon based network link is acting up Blink
Solitudo Servantes
Cutthroat Industries
Viral Society
#32 - 2011-10-07 05:52:57 UTC
Well.

Installed version 1.5.1.
Applied all updates
Made CAK

Evemon is not able to update anything now. No skills training update, wallet... When I want manualy to update everything, nothing happen, and I can see that all updates are having status "pending". So, done and applied all, evemon is not updating anything for me.
Desmont McCallock
#33 - 2011-10-07 11:24:00 UTC
Solitudo Servantes wrote:
Well.

Installed version 1.5.1.
Applied all updates
Made CAK

Evemon is not able to update anything now. No skills training update, wallet... When I want manualy to update everything, nothing happen, and I can see that all updates are having status "pending". So, done and applied all, evemon is not updating anything for me.

Visit EVEMon's forum for troubleshooting.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#34 - 2011-10-07 15:00:18 UTC
Everything is working for me with the new CAKs, except for Industry jobs (even though the CAK key has "IndustryJobs" checked off under Science and Industry). The Industry section in EVEMon is stuck saying "No industry jobs are available".
Desmont McCallock
#35 - 2011-10-07 16:14:43 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
Everything is working for me with the new CAKs, except for Industry jobs (even though the CAK key has "IndustryJobs" checked off under Science and Industry). The Industry section in EVEMon is stuck saying "No industry jobs are available".

Simple because they are Corp jobs and EVEMon at the moment doesn't support Corp queries due to CAK.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#36 - 2011-10-13 15:08:28 UTC
Up until about a month ago, EVEMon notifications of wardecs / bills due would give useful information such as the corp / alliance name. Now all we get are:

againstID: 936774423
cost: 0
declaredByID: 98261303
delayHours: 24
hostileState: 0
Desmont McCallock
#37 - 2011-10-13 15:50:08 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
Up until about a month ago, EVEMon notifications of wardecs / bills due would give useful information such as the corp / alliance name. Now all we get are:

againstID: 936774423
cost: 0
declaredByID: 98261303
delayHours: 24
hostileState: 0

It's because we don't do any parsing of the ID's. We are displaying the raw data as we get them from the API.
Currently I have no way of knowing what data each notification returns and therefore no way what parsing EVEMon has to do.
Desmont McCallock
#38 - 2011-11-20 17:51:13 UTC
EVEMon Development Team is announcing the release of EVEMon 1.5.2.

With Corp CAK support.

Read more: http://forum.battleclinic.com/index.php/topic,154855.0/EVEMon-1-5-2.html#ixzz1eGkP4wdM

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#39 - 2011-11-21 03:23:02 UTC
Desmont McCallock wrote:
EVEMon Development Team is announcing the release of EVEMon 1.5.2.

With Corp CAK support.

Yay. Big smile
Babbuino
DTG Capitals
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2011-11-21 10:53:02 UTC
Thanks... EVEMon is great. I actually downgraded to get the Corp Info back.. It's nice to be on the latest release again.

You guys do great work..