These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Nerfing Highsec manufacuring and the "End of EVE" as we know it

First post
Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2012-09-08 22:43:53 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Overinflated sense of self worth

How on earth you think hisec manufacturers could compete against you guys in any way if hisec prices would double?

1) it won't double
2) have you looked at the costs of transporting anywhere out of (or within) nullsec? No? Why does that not surprise me?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#122 - 2012-09-08 22:47:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Jorma Morkkis
Lord Zim wrote:
1) it won't double

Nerfing refining so that max I could get in hisec with max skills would be around 50%... I can see it forcing prices up.

Lord Zim wrote:
2) have you looked at the costs of transporting anywhere out of (or within) nullsec? No? Why does that not surprise me?

It doesn't cost any more than it costs in hisec.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2012-09-08 22:50:28 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
1) it won't double

Nerfing refining so that max I could get in hisec with max skills would be around 50%... I can see it forcing prices up.

Point out where anyone of any worth says this.

Jorma Morkkis wrote:
It doesn't cost any more than it costs in hisec.

Thanks for confirming so eloquently that you have absolutely no clue what this would involve.

RIP Vile Rat

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#124 - 2012-09-08 22:54:26 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1865084#post1865084
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2012-09-08 22:57:16 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

So he's mentioning "reducing refining rates", and you're going OH GOD REFINING RATES ARE REDUCED TO 50% THIS WILL DOUBLE THE PRICES.

In other words, you're either
1) seeing things which aren't there
2) prone to overdramatization
3) clueless

RIP Vile Rat

Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#126 - 2012-09-08 23:20:33 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

So he's mentioning "reducing refining rates", and you're going OH GOD REFINING RATES ARE REDUCED TO 50% THIS WILL DOUBLE THE PRICES.

In other words, you're either
1) seeing things which aren't there
2) prone to overdramatization
3) clueless

4) trolling you

James315 for CSM 8!

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2012-09-08 23:24:20 UTC
Or that, yes.

RIP Vile Rat

Pipa Porto
#128 - 2012-09-08 23:43:12 UTC
Abel Merkabah wrote:
4) trolling you

You've got to look at the source. If Jorma is intentionally trolling, he's really, spectacularly bad at it.

The type of posting he does just isn't indicative of trolling. Mental Illness on the other hand, maybe.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#129 - 2012-09-08 23:48:17 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Abel Merkabah wrote:
4) trolling you

You've got to look at the source. If Jorma is intentionally trolling, he's really, spectacularly bad at it.

The type of posting he does just isn't indicative of trolling. Mental Illness on the other hand, maybe.

Ah, I was not familiar with Jorma.

I just give posters the benefit of the doubt in that case, and assume deabilitating stupidity is actually intentional for trolling purposes...

Maybe I'm just to kind...

James315 for CSM 8!

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#130 - 2012-09-09 00:04:11 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

It will be reduced to 50% because you nullseccers aren't happy with let's say 75%.
Pipa Porto
#131 - 2012-09-09 00:10:04 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

It will be reduced to 50% because you nullseccers aren't happy with let's say 75%.

Then you'll be happy to show us, with a quote and a link, were CCP Ytterbium (or anyone else, for that matter) said either of those things, right?

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
No Forks Given
#132 - 2012-09-09 00:16:49 UTC
RAGE QU1T wrote:
Karl Hobb wrote:
RAGE QU1T wrote:
ok, lets say for sake of argument i relocate to low sec. what incentives would be good enough for that kind of move? for instance places like Tama, Amamake, Sagain, and the infamous pirate haven Rancer.

That's a stupid argument and you know it. There are plenty of quiet low-sec systems to do your business in.

Not rly stupid when you consider those "Quiet" systems wont be so quiet and you would possible see corps/alliances blockade those systems to protect the use of those manufacuring lines in those stations.

Karl Hobb wrote:

That's a stupid argument and you know it.

You should maybe look at a map sometime, there are roughly tens of low sec systems. TENS!

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#133 - 2012-09-09 00:20:38 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Then you'll be happy to show us, with a quote and a link, were CCP Ytterbium (or anyone else, for that matter) said either of those things, right?

No need since I know attitude of nullseccers: I, Me and Myself! Hisec players should pay to their overlords!
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2012-09-09 00:23:41 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

No need since I know attitude of nullseccers: I, Me and Myself! Hisec players should pay to their overlords!

Ok. That has absolutely no anchor in reality, but ok.

Have fun outside of eve, guy.

RIP Vile Rat

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#135 - 2012-09-09 00:29:36 UTC
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#136 - 2012-09-09 00:29:41 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

Ok. That has absolutely no anchor in reality, but ok.

Have fun outside of eve, guy.

I know the attidute of highseccers: We need to be safer, nerf ganking and all kinds of things that inconvenience or cause setbacks to me!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#137 - 2012-09-09 00:30:56 UTC
i know that has a lot of words in it jorma, but just because you paste a link to his thread doesn't mean james315 states that highsec players should 'pay to their overlords'
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#138 - 2012-09-09 00:31:54 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
i know that has a lot of words in it jorma, but just because you paste a link to his thread doesn't mean james315 states that highsec players should 'pay to their overlords'

Then you don't know who Lord James315 is.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2012-09-09 00:33:27 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:

So wait, next time I'm in a discussion with someone about hisec, I'll just link to your posts and say "that's how all hisec people are"?

Okay then. So noted.

RIP Vile Rat

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#140 - 2012-09-09 00:35:36 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

Then you don't know who Lord James315 is.

You're quoting a highsec player (James315) as a representative of nullsec players.