These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Amarr Under powerd???

Author
Alara IonStorm
#101 - 2012-09-10 06:11:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Liang Nuren wrote:
Yes, Angel and Guristas are ******* terrible to fight with lasers. No argument. Fortunately, you can cross train if you don't like it - and then you have the bonus of being able to use the Right Ship For The Right Job. :)

-Liang

It takes longer then any other race to truly become competent with Amarr between needing Scorch and fitting requirements of Beam Lasers, I don't think a player who plays Amarr should have to jump on the cross train.... well train so quick.

Honestly there are 3 small things CCP can do that right off the bat will give Amarr a good amount of the usability enjoyed by the other three races.

* Thermal and EM Specific T1 / Faction Ammo.
* Beam Laser fitting and Cap use requirements. Right there a little bit of love makes the Apoc easier to get into and use with the Ammo.
* Angel Rats deal Kin / Exp only.

The Ammo thing is kinda big for PvP but really kinda a good thing if there was say a Therm and EM separation between each other.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#102 - 2012-09-10 06:25:55 UTC
You know, if PVE is really the problem we're looking to solve, I'd say just lower the EM/Thm resists on Guri/Angels. In PVP, I'd say they're mostly fine if we neglect obviously bad ships.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Zyella Stormborn
Green Seekers
#103 - 2012-09-10 06:38:46 UTC
One thing I have noticed (and I think I pointed it out somewhere else) is with the current proliferation of Neuts / Nos on seemingly every ship I encounter, my Amarr laser boats get shut down much easier than my Caldari or Gallente ones.

Their laser ships use so much cap, especially when added to everything else that tends to be running. Granted, they start with the highest base cap, but with neuts being the must-have toy for 90% of ships, it gets knocked out very fast. Having a cargo full of cap boosters helps, but its rough having to give up one of their already tight medium fittings for it.

I would love to see them find another way to limit lasers to Amarr ships, other than just cap reduction / level on the ship class. Having that spot for actual weapon buffs (tracking, optimal, firing rate, etc), like the other races have, would be much preferred. I just feel that with the other system buffs, lasers with the ship cap reduction method is a bit outdated now.

(this is pvp, not pve, where I can simply go with an active tank and not worry about neuting).

~Zyella

There is a special Hell for people like that, Right next to child molestors, and people that talk in the theater. ~Firefly

Ereidel Janus
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#104 - 2012-09-10 22:39:19 UTC
IMHO the only ship in the Amarr lineup that needs a buff is the Omen. It needs some powergrid/cpu increases. As of right now, the Omen is very limited in what it can fit.

Most of the other ships in Amarr are fine.
Gitanmaxx
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#105 - 2012-09-10 23:24:33 UTC
Zyella Stormborn wrote:
One thing I have noticed (and I think I pointed it out somewhere else) is with the current proliferation of Neuts / Nos on seemingly every ship I encounter, my Amarr laser boats get shut down much easier than my Caldari or Gallente ones.

Their laser ships use so much cap, especially when added to everything else that tends to be running. Granted, they start with the highest base cap, but with neuts being the must-have toy for 90% of ships, it gets knocked out very fast. Having a cargo full of cap boosters helps, but its rough having to give up one of their already tight medium fittings for it.

I would love to see them find another way to limit lasers to Amarr ships, other than just cap reduction / level on the ship class. Having that spot for actual weapon buffs (tracking, optimal, firing rate, etc), like the other races have, would be much preferred. I just feel that with the other system buffs, lasers with the ship cap reduction method is a bit outdated now.

(this is pvp, not pve, where I can simply go with an active tank and not worry about neuting).

~Zyella


Good points all around.
Klown Walk
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#106 - 2012-09-11 11:15:18 UTC
The ship bonuses for amarr is pretty bad and it's really hard to make a good fit, the guns takes up so much more fitting compared to the other weapons and they don't really have any good t1 ships except for a couple of frigates.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#107 - 2012-09-11 11:19:14 UTC
Probably not a good idea to let non-Amarr ships use lasers since Gallente and Minmatar ships would get huge bonus to damage projection from increased optimal range.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#108 - 2012-09-11 11:55:34 UTC
Klown Walk wrote:
The ship bonuses for amarr is pretty bad and it's really hard to make a good fit, the guns takes up so much more fitting compared to the other weapons and they don't really have any good t1 ships except for a couple of frigates.

Look to minmatar ships if you look for easy mode.
And if by no good T1 ship you mean no good T1 cruisers, yes you're right. But that's not a big deal and tiericide will solve this. Otherwise, you are plain wrong : many frigates, harbinger and *all* of their BS...
Have you ever tryed to fit a gallente boat ? By no mean they are easy to fit ; top gun are almost always impossible to fit.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2012-09-11 23:56:09 UTC
waiting to see how ccp rebalance the ships. right now though amarr is pretty meh. in many situations. the caps/supercaps are IMO some of the best.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#110 - 2012-09-12 00:04:57 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:
waiting to see how ccp rebalance the ships. right now though amarr is pretty meh. in many situations. the caps/supercaps are IMO some of the best.


I'm super jazzed by the upcoming balance changes. I've literally F5'ed F&I most of the day hoping to see more than one thread come up. :)

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Kaikka Carel
Ziea
#111 - 2012-09-12 16:05:38 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
WTF is it with the amarr hate recently???
they are probably the single best overall balanced race.

Good T1 ships, superb T2 ships, fantastic faction/pirate ships and the best caps.
what exactly is not to like?

(yeah, the legion sucks. sorry.)


And there are two others that aren't balanced))

Just kidding.

But anyways amarr key candies are too SP demanding:

1) No fun without scorch.

2) Sub battleship t1 lineup's characterising phrase is "Others have it better"

3) Caps are just too faraway for common folks.

4) And the Legion sucks on top of all.

And then in the end it turns out that everybody in your corp flies Drakes, shield Hurricanes, shield brutixes and even shield harpies.... And there's a dude on a Scimitar for special occasions but he refuses to repp you...