These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

NULL whiners mantra is getting tedious... and CSM lacks HI SEC representation

First post First post
Author
Frying Doom
#1021 - 2012-09-07 12:42:26 UTC
Inquisitor Kitchner wrote:

OK to address those points:


  • CSM Specific Mails: One of the necessary evils of political campaigning is leaflets. I used to design mine to convey a message in the time it takes to pick it off the doormat and put it in the bin, because thats what people do with them so I disagree here. It's not like a traditional election where its hard to contact your candidate, no President posts on a forum or has a personal blog. The CSM do.
  • Billboards: I see no problem with this, and I think it should be on the TV in the Captains Quarters too. I would question how many people actually read billboards and read the TV screen that for some reason ignore the big banner at login and all the news article on it, but it couldn't hurt.
  • CSM Lore: Again, not sure it would have an effect but why not. Nothing stopping someone writing some piece about how Capsuleers elected a Council to negotiate issues of importance with CONCORD, DED and The Empires.
  • Spam Mail From Empire: I suppose ONE generic in character mail from DED/CONCORD reminding all capsuleers that voting is under way with a link to the information portal once a year isn't too bad. Any more is just annoying.
  • People spamming local with "Go vote": If you want to do that fair enough, but if I just had some NPC spamming local telling me to vote I'd be peeved.

Ok By spam emails I meant a 2 monthly or quarterly update on the CSM to players so they know what they are doing and try to engage those players more into the community.

On the last one NO I definitely don't want an NPC spewing crap in local. I have seen that in too Many MMOs.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
Executive Outcomes
#1022 - 2012-09-07 13:40:59 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:


Ok By spam emails I meant a 2 monthly or quarterly update on the CSM to players so they know what they are doing and try to engage those players more into the community.

On the last one NO I definitely don't want an NPC spewing crap in local. I have seen that in too Many MMOs.



Updates from the CSM via eve mail would probably get deleted before they are even read. I'd suggest having a quarterly CSM update as a "dev blog". That way it would be publicised well and available but you wouldn't annoy everyone.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Frying Doom
#1023 - 2012-09-07 13:57:49 UTC
Inquisitor Kitchner wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:


Ok By spam emails I meant a 2 monthly or quarterly update on the CSM to players so they know what they are doing and try to engage those players more into the community.

On the last one NO I definitely don't want an NPC spewing crap in local. I have seen that in too Many MMOs.



Updates from the CSM via eve mail would probably get deleted before they are even read. I'd suggest having a quarterly CSM update as a "dev blog". That way it would be publicised well and available but you wouldn't annoy everyone.

The main reason I prefer the email is that it is away from the forums and people might read it, dobt full I know(Who reads half the crap we get these days), I suppose one of each would not be bad.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#1024 - 2012-09-07 19:25:07 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Yes yes yes, let's try explaining this once again:
In short, the fallacy is to assume that the only metric of a character's interests and opinions that counts is what sec area a character resides in.


It is not theonly metric but it is a very important one else centralized regional interests will take hold and I am certainly seeing that happening.
An' then [email protected], he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
Executive Outcomes
#1025 - 2012-09-08 11:04:55 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

The main reason I prefer the email is that it is away from the forums and people might read it, dobt full I know(Who reads half the crap we get these days), I suppose one of each would not be bad.


Last thing I want is more e-mails coming through that I dont ask for and I'm sure the average player is the same.

If you have like a "dev blog" update for the CSM it gets shown on log in as you're logging into your character. Anyone who doesn't read it then and doesn't vote when the massive banner is in front of them at login probably just isnt interested.


DarthNefarius wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Yes yes yes, let's try explaining this once again:
In short, the fallacy is to assume that the only metric of a character's interests and opinions that counts is what sec area a character resides in.


It is not theonly metric but it is a very important one else centralized regional interests will take hold and I am certainly seeing that happening.


Fine, you'll be ok with James315 for CSM High Sec rep then?

Seriously why don't you get that the current election system actually prevents abuse not propagates it? A High sec candidate would probably win with a lot less votes than the nullsec one (due to less high sec voters) and after the first election you'd just get NullSec puppets elected.

In the current system for say the CFC to elect the entire CSM as their candidates they'd have to split their votes equally 7 ways and hope that leaves them with enough to get at least someone elected, which probably wouldnt work.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Minmatar Citizen 76959458561
Doomheim
#1026 - 2012-09-09 00:26:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Minmatar Citizen 76959458561
Malcanis wrote:
Tippia wrote:
there doesn't seem to really be any highsec-specific issues


I disagree!



Your manifesto post u linked well


Highsec isnt a starter area losec o.o isnt the real eve all eve is the real eve

every pays they subs they decide were they wana play this game

when someone else pays for my game then they can tell me to move

also mal its the way i started eve also going back long before our fla days bro

but everyone is difrent andnits up to the individual to decide they on way in the game

Only highsec change i honestly think should happen is remove ice belts and wh entrances
but thats just my humble opionion from a drunk welsh pierate


grrr rong toon damn phone
Tort Funaila
Anvil and Sons
#1027 - 2012-09-13 16:51:25 UTC
Botting and AFK mining are major concerns.

sigpic?

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#1028 - 2012-09-17 02:49:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Inquisitor Kitchner wrote:
Fine, you'll be ok with James315 for CSM High Sec rep then?

Yes, my highsec characters will vote for James315.
Tort Funaila wrote:
Botting and AFK mining are major concerns.

Afk mining is one thing, but botting is something that (I think?) CCP is already working on. Then again, you don't need mining bots, since your mack takes a while to fill up, so that's good I guess?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#1029 - 2012-09-18 10:36:56 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Personally I think we will see a lot more people running and voting, education or not, if they start nerfing Hi-sec.


It could even be argued that the fact that so few hi-sec residents have reason to be interested in the CSM is circumstantial evidence that hi-sec needs reworking Twisted

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#1030 - 2012-09-18 17:57:08 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Personally I think we will see a lot more people running and voting, education or not, if they start nerfing Hi-sec.


It could even be argued that the fact that so few hi-sec residents have reason to be interested in the CSM is circumstantial evidence that hi-sec needs reworking Twisted


It is in CCP's interest for HI SEC peeps to vote it makes them more involved in the game & makes them into more of a 'steakholder' so yes HI SEC needs reworking thru the CSM voting system IMHO
An' then [email protected], he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1031 - 2012-09-18 18:30:25 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
It is in CCP's interest for HI SEC peeps to vote it makes them more involved in the game & makes them into more of a 'steakholder'
their valuable perspectives must be taken into account
Yeep
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1032 - 2012-09-18 18:32:01 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
It is in CCP's interest for HI SEC peeps to vote it makes them more involved in the game & makes them into more of a 'steakholder'
their valuable perspectives must be taken into account


Except the vegetarians apparently
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1033 - 2012-09-18 19:48:51 UTC
delete hisec problem solved

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#1034 - 2012-09-19 17:47:10 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Yeep wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
It is in CCP's interest for HI SEC peeps to vote it makes them more involved in the game & makes them into more of a 'steakholder'
their valuable perspectives must be taken into account


Except the vegetarians apparently


Hoped someone gott a laugh from my deliberate typo Big smile

La Nariz wrote:
delete hisec problem solved


Yep delete HI SEC & problem is solved a year or two later when CCP goes belly up from the losses in subscriptions Roll
An' then [email protected], he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#1035 - 2012-10-06 01:25:47 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
delete hisec problem solved

Yep delete HI SEC & problem is solved a year or two later when CCP goes belly up from the losses in subscriptions Roll

Oh you don't need to do such a drastic thing. Just continue along this ~perfectly balanced~ path and we'll get there soon enough.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1036 - 2012-10-30 12:59:49 UTC
I will also vote for James 315 as the high sec rep.

I don't understand what this thread is even about, aren't there far more players who live primarily in highsec than in any other area of the game? You can't blame the voting system, or the null/low/wh players if the highsec terribads, despite their numerical advantage, can't muster the votes.