These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

NULL whiners mantra is getting tedious... and CSM lacks HI SEC representation

First post First post
Author
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-08-31 20:12:00 UTC
OP is a known riverini/en24 associate disregard anything he says as rubbish. Ban OP gas thread.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Doc Severide
Doomheim
#42 - 2012-08-31 21:02:43 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
...who don't even care to vote think they should have representation in the CSM ...Well, i'll never understand it.

So you don't understand, who cares?

The fact is EVERYONE deserves representation, including the people who don't vote. The fact you don't "get it" doesn't mean it's not true...

The old "If you don't vote, you don't get to complain" line is such crap...
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#43 - 2012-08-31 21:21:06 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Tippia it may not be entiely true but it is EXTREMELY close to it.
No. The problem with it is that it's all speculation, and speculation from the wrong numbers at that.

You are using the numbers for CSM7 to talk about CSM6, even though they've shifted around a fair bit between the two. More importantly, the numbers denote characters in specific parts of space at the time of sampling. It tells us pretty much nothing about the player population. Combine this with the fallacy of thinking that location and representation must absolutely match 1:1 and the whole complaint becomes void of any basis.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#44 - 2012-08-31 21:33:17 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Anslo wrote:
I do agree with his signature though...

EVE residents: 5% Wormholes; 8% Lowsec; 20% Nullsec; 67% Highsec. CSM 6: 100% Nullsec residents. EVE demographics vs CSM demographics, nothing to worry about...


Why would we value peoples opinions on EVE if they don't care enough to vote?


Well you should value thier opinions because if they did leave Eve in mass because things appeared to be getting stacked against them CCP's resources would shrink significantly andreleases would be smaller in scope and probably longer in between.
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#45 - 2012-08-31 21:38:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Antisocial Malkavian
baltec1 wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Be that as it may, a perspective and voice of a high sec player isn't and shouldn't be discounted.


So they should vote then.




cause you can totally override that one group thatll drop 10k plus (depending on how many alt accounts theyll make just to vote)...
Thats OK because apparently the candidate will override them on his own lol

Tippia wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
Tippia it may not be entiely true but it is EXTREMELY close to it.
No. The problem with it is that it's all speculation, and speculation from the wrong numbers at that.

You are using the numbers for CSM7 to talk about CSM6, even though they've shifted around a fair bit between the two. More importantly, the numbers denote characters in specific parts of space at the time of sampling. It tells us pretty much nothing about the player population. Combine this with the fallacy of thinking that location and representation must absolutely match 1:1 and the whole complaint becomes void of any basis.



Wast it CCP that released numbers like that?

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#46 - 2012-08-31 21:45:30 UTC
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
Wast it CCP that released numbers like that?
Yes. Numbers like that were released by CCP. Their numbers didn't state what he's suggesting they state, though.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#47 - 2012-08-31 22:00:31 UTC
Came into thread thinking title said Hull whiners.

Leaving disappionted.

Mr Epeen Cool
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#48 - 2012-08-31 22:09:11 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Came into thread thinking title said Hull whiners.

Leaving disappionted.
Here you go… well, perhaps not yet, but it'll get there soon enough. P
Belshazzar Babylon
Doomheim
#49 - 2012-08-31 22:10:40 UTC
Not sure how much more of an outreach you could have. I mean it has a big banner up at logon for a while before voting closed.
Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2012-08-31 22:14:31 UTC
abloobloobloo the mean nasty nullseccers can be bothered to get out the vote please nerf people who can be bothered to do things

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#51 - 2012-08-31 22:25:15 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Tippia wrote:
[quote=DarthNefarius]

Combine this with the fallacy of thinking that location and representation must absolutely match 1:1 and the whole complaint becomes void of any basis.



I could agree with thinking that location and representation must absolutely match 1:1 is is not necessary true so I look at the actions of CSM7 & all I have to do is look at the CSM7 minutes table of contents and notice there is a section entitled NULL SEC and no sections titled HI SEC, LO SEC nor Worm Hole space.
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2012-08-31 22:27:14 UTC
Everybody knows hisec players are subhuman. If I had my way you wouldn't even have a vote it's not like you use it anyways.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#53 - 2012-08-31 22:28:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
DarthNefarius wrote:
I could agree with thinking that location and representation must absolutely match 1:1 is is not necessary true so I look at the actions of CSM7 & all I have to do is look at the CSM7 minutes table of contents and notice there is a section entitled NULL SEC and no sections titled HI SEC, LO SEC nor Worm Hole space.

There's one section called nullsec. It's 5 pages long. There's one section that deals with what is pretty much a highsec-specific topic — wardecs — that is 8 pages long. Nullsec gets its own (rather brief) section because it hosts a number of unique mechanics all crammed into one, and highsec gets a (longer) section that deals with its one mechanic.

Oh, and lowsec got its own run-through as well with the FW session.
Gevlin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2012-08-31 22:38:53 UTC
Sorry Dart but this is the most balanced cam you are ever going to see

Get us of the me tal state of hi,low, null, wors, these are just mods to the same game , p, misioning, mining, production,
Etc

If you want change vote! And encourage your friends to vote, for a canadate that you think represents your point of view


Let's get positive

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

Ginger Barbarella
#55 - 2012-08-31 22:45:32 UTC
I think it's cute how some people think CSM is relevant. :)

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2012-08-31 22:50:05 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
The meme that CCP has a perennial “drive people out of high-sec” dilema is just a pile of bull *****. Come on that is a myth thats repeated over & over again by NULL trolls in hopes CCP starts believeing in it.

The only more moronic/tedious myth is James 315's UNABOMBEReske manifestos on how mining is the scurge of all Eve.


Also it appears from the way this thread is moving the general lack of CSM represtation of pilots in HI SEC is lacking

The only people who complain about CSM demographics are people who still think the CSM has any kind of real influence.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#57 - 2012-08-31 22:51:24 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
And a signfigant portion of high sec votes for those null sec csm members, because a signifigant portion of those high sec residents are merely working alts of null sec players to begin with.


Then why the focus of forcing hisec residents out to nullsec?
Ginger Barbarella
#58 - 2012-08-31 22:54:22 UTC
Aruken Marr wrote:
Everybody knows hisec players are subhuman. If I had my way you wouldn't even have a vote it's not like you use it anyways.


Said the dude with high-sec alts. (Yes, I know you)

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#59 - 2012-08-31 22:54:43 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
The only more moronic/tedious myth is James 315's UNABOMBEReske manifestos on how mining is the scurge of all Eve.

To which Manifesto are you referring, specifically?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2012-08-31 22:59:31 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
And a signfigant portion of high sec votes for those null sec csm members, because a signifigant portion of those high sec residents are merely working alts of null sec players to begin with.


Then why the focus of forcing hisec residents out to nullsec?

Who said anything about that?
Before you jump down my throat, no I didn't read the thread.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)