These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EvE Online anyone?

Author
veritas primus
Kat 5 Kaos
#21 - 2012-08-29 20:39:11 UTC
12 year old WoW kids = More ppl to shoot

I played WoW for about 5 years, last expansion went downhill. When bean counters start making decisions on the direction of the game then its fail city.

Majority of WoW players are self entitled brats that whine unitl they get their way....further ruining the game for the raiding hardcore players.

When Activision took over it was bound to happen.

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#22 - 2012-08-29 20:42:09 UTC
veritas primus wrote:
Majority of WoW players are self entitled brats that whine unitl they get their way....further ruining the game for the raiding hardcore players.

I've noticed a few of them filtering in over the past coule of years. Even had one on a buddy invite, what a nightmare that was.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#23 - 2012-08-29 20:43:53 UTC
WOW lol those avatars are LEE3T!

sorry, tried that game for less than the trial period offered and left quickly. I'm a graphics junkie anyways.
leviticus ander
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-08-29 22:30:12 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
WOW lol those avatars are LEE3T!

sorry, tried that game for less than the trial period offered and left quickly. I'm a graphics junkie anyways.

yep, welcome to World of warcraft graphics.
I used to play WoW, and I liked it until I started playing eve seriously, then I just couldn't stand the bad graphics, poor game mechanics, spamfest, and inability to gank the people that **** you off on your faction.
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-08-29 22:44:22 UTC
One of the things (probably the only thing to be honest) I've always admired about World of Warcraft is it's stability and performance. It's an MMO you don't really need a gaming computer for in order to enjoy high graphics levels without causing lag. Maybe that's because of it's age, maybe it's optimized programming, I dunno but I like that in a game.
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Matriarch Prime
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-08-30 03:03:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Matriarch Prime
Its a shame really, WoW is a fun game if you like the genre.

Note, wow graphics aren't bad. They are stylized. Not all graphics need to be hyper realistic to provide a fun experience. Look at minecraft, or a pixar movie. WoW graphic style also ever evolving just like eve, but the focus is on performance and character. the new expansion that is coming is no exception, the environments and are very immersive.

I like big guns. I can not lie. You other suckas can't deny. When I warp in, with an itty bity sig, with an arty in your face, you get sprung. You want to pull out your debuffs, 'cause you want to loot my stuff...deep, in a worm with nary, an escape but you can't stop staring. 'Cause, Oh crap!, Baby's got Point!

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#27 - 2012-08-30 03:11:05 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
One of the things (probably the only thing to be honest) I've always admired about World of Warcraft is it's stability and performance. It's an MMO you don't really need a gaming computer for in order to enjoy high graphics levels without causing lag. Maybe that's because of it's age, maybe it's optimized programming, I dunno but I like that in a game.

Nope it's because the graphics make Playstation 2 games look sophisticated.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Matriarch Prime
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-08-30 03:24:57 UTC
They have the production quality to do more if that was the focus.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/media/

The new zones are amazingly beautiful. I find players that criticize the gameplay or graphics couldn't even make it out of the starting zones.

But you know, thats fine if that type of game isn't for you. I don't like street fighter type or puzzle games fun, but some people love em. But WoW is the best of its type. There is a reason it can gain or lose more subscribers in a quarter than most games see in a lifetime.

I like big guns. I can not lie. You other suckas can't deny. When I warp in, with an itty bity sig, with an arty in your face, you get sprung. You want to pull out your debuffs, 'cause you want to loot my stuff...deep, in a worm with nary, an escape but you can't stop staring. 'Cause, Oh crap!, Baby's got Point!

Previous page12