These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Confirm box against expensive mistypes

Author
Sofia Wolf
Ubuntu Inc.
The Fourth District
#21 - 2012-09-02 13:29:18 UTC
I actually profited from this UI “feature” when someone mistyped buy order and got from me item for almost half a billion above market priceBig smile. Still I support OP proposal.

+1

Jessica Danikov > EVE is your real life. the rest is fantasy. caught in a corporation. no escape from banality. open up yours eyes, peer through pod good and seeeeeee. I'm just a poor pilot, I need no sympathy. because I'm easy scam, easy go, little isk, little know. anyway the solar wind blows...

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-09-02 14:51:15 UTC
Sorry that your clumsy fat fingers cost you a bunch of money, maybe next time you should double check your figures before mashing the confirm button.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-09-03 05:23:51 UTC
I have encountered this issue. Fortunately I didn't lose much over it.

In the real world, transactions like this take a few seconds to happen, so you can easily say "whoa, waitaminute, that's not what I meant to do!" and the one you're working with will most likely let you fix it. Nobody does real business the way chess is played--in chess once you pick your finger off the piece, the move is done and you can't take it back. If people did business that way, other people would form unions against it and it would become profitable to avoid that attitude.

So I support this idea, both to increase immersion and to decrease frustration.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Evolution1979
Hull Down Inc.
#24 - 2012-09-04 09:51:48 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
I have encountered this issue. Fortunately I didn't lose much over it.

In the real world, transactions like this take a few seconds to happen, so you can easily say "whoa, waitaminute, that's not what I meant to do!" and the one you're working with will most likely let you fix it. Nobody does real business the way chess is played--in chess once you pick your finger off the piece, the move is done and you can't take it back. If people did business that way, other people would form unions against it and it would become profitable to avoid that attitude.

So I support this idea, both to increase immersion and to decrease frustration.

Here we go again, someone mistaking Eve Online with real life *sigh* Straight
Previous page12