These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

No Eve Player Should Miss This Article

Author
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#501 - 2012-08-31 20:54:59 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
And now reports of IP farming for more goon meta gaming. Apparently the legal section of the website states it will use IP addresses for law enforcement reasons, but they are using them for their own meta gaming and out of game harassment. I guess the hard lesson he learned from fanfest did not sink in.

Question is how many of the goon staff will he drag down with him when the cheese head popo show up and shut down this operation.


Proper details please.

Links etc,

Just checking the gullibility levels in this thread. Shhhhhhhh....
Matriarch Prime
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#502 - 2012-08-31 20:59:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Matriarch Prime
Well, you could say that ninja salvaging looting was nerfed, but it also nerfed high sec income. Both activities that came from it mission running for loot/salvage and ninja salvaging/looting, happened in high security more so than elsewhere, so I think it is more appropriate to call it high sec nerf, which is inline with one of your ideals.

I know many disagree, but I think high sec ganking should have only ever been for revenge, a strategic campaign, or for high value targets. Ganking noobs in high sec to pad kill mails is also something that should not be supported, and in fact highly discouraged, as it is now with the protected systems.

I like big guns. I can not lie. You other suckas can't deny. When I warp in, with an itty bity sig, with an arty in your face, you get sprung. You want to pull out your debuffs, 'cause you want to loot my stuff...deep, in a worm with nary, an escape but you can't stop staring. 'Cause, Oh crap!, Baby's got Point!

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#503 - 2012-08-31 21:41:59 UTC
holy crap.

Great Wall of text hits eyes for infinity damage

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#504 - 2012-08-31 22:05:51 UTC
Matriarch Prime wrote:
Well, you could say that ninja salvaging looting was nerfed, but it also nerfed high sec income. Both activities that came from it mission running for loot/salvage and ninja salvaging/looting, happened in high security more so than elsewhere, so I think it is more appropriate to call it high sec nerf, which is inline with one of your ideals.

I know many disagree, but I think high sec ganking should have only ever been for revenge, a strategic campaign, or for high value targets. Ganking noobs in high sec to pad kill mails is also something that should not be supported, and in fact highly discouraged, as it is now with the protected systems.


How was highsec income nerfed now? I don't see anywhere that lp, mission loot/salvage, or highsec bounties were reduced. If anyhing they get an income boost and risk reduction. Also you are forgetting to take into account people flying poorly fitted ships into that suicide ganking idea. That's basically the reason miners were so gankable they refused to fit a tank.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Matriarch Prime
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#505 - 2012-08-31 22:54:15 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Matriarch Prime wrote:
Well, you could say that ninja salvaging looting was nerfed, but it also nerfed high sec income. Both activities that came from it mission running for loot/salvage and ninja salvaging/looting, happened in high security more so than elsewhere, so I think it is more appropriate to call it high sec nerf, which is inline with one of your ideals.

I know many disagree, but I think high sec ganking should have only ever been for revenge, a strategic campaign, or for high value targets. Ganking noobs in high sec to pad kill mails is also something that should not be supported, and in fact highly discouraged, as it is now with the protected systems.


How was highsec income nerfed now? I don't see anywhere that lp, mission loot/salvage, or highsec bounties were reduced. If anyhing they get an income boost and risk reduction. Also you are forgetting to take into account people flying poorly fitted ships into that suicide ganking idea. That's basically the reason miners were so gankable they refused to fit a tank.


I play off and on, but I clearly remember a deb blog or forum post about reducing bounties, moving more value to tags (and letting supplydemand go to work), and reducing salvage rates.

Ofcourse, I can't rule out that I dreamed the whole thing up. It wasn't exactly recent, but I believe it did happen.

I like big guns. I can not lie. You other suckas can't deny. When I warp in, with an itty bity sig, with an arty in your face, you get sprung. You want to pull out your debuffs, 'cause you want to loot my stuff...deep, in a worm with nary, an escape but you can't stop staring. 'Cause, Oh crap!, Baby's got Point!

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#506 - 2012-08-31 23:27:58 UTC
ah nvm, James 315

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#507 - 2012-09-01 01:33:07 UTC
Matriarch Prime wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Matriarch Prime wrote:
Well, you could say that ninja salvaging looting was nerfed, but it also nerfed high sec income. Both activities that came from it mission running for loot/salvage and ninja salvaging/looting, happened in high security more so than elsewhere, so I think it is more appropriate to call it high sec nerf, which is inline with one of your ideals.

I know many disagree, but I think high sec ganking should have only ever been for revenge, a strategic campaign, or for high value targets. Ganking noobs in high sec to pad kill mails is also something that should not be supported, and in fact highly discouraged, as it is now with the protected systems.


How was highsec income nerfed now? I don't see anywhere that lp, mission loot/salvage, or highsec bounties were reduced. If anyhing they get an income boost and risk reduction. Also you are forgetting to take into account people flying poorly fitted ships into that suicide ganking idea. That's basically the reason miners were so gankable they refused to fit a tank.


I play off and on, but I clearly remember a deb blog or forum post about reducing bounties, moving more value to tags (and letting supplydemand go to work), and reducing salvage rates.

Ofcourse, I can't rule out that I dreamed the whole thing up. It wasn't exactly recent, but I believe it did happen.


If that did happen that nerfs all areas. Missions and ratting both get hit by that. I'm looking for a more specific highsec income nerf if were talking nerfing highsec reward. Something like a tax based on the security status of the system comes to mind.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Evelyn Meiyi
Corvidae Trading and Holding
#508 - 2012-09-01 01:49:18 UTC
Kryss Darkdust wrote:
[quote=Josef Djugashvilis]
I suppose the outlining question is, would it be bad for Eve if High Sec was perfectly safe and Eve had a larger population as a trade off?


Do you really want a game that rewards sitting in safety?

Personally, part of my initial attraction to EVE was the 'anything can happen' atmosphere. I could get suicide-ganked in high-sec, but IRL I might also step off the curb and get flattened by a speeding bus.

It' that uncertainty that adds depth to EVE -- we're never ever totally safe. Not in EVE and not in our own homes. It's in learning to choose how much we'll risk that keeps things interesting.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#509 - 2012-09-01 04:21:06 UTC
Evelyn Meiyi wrote:
Do you really want a game that rewards sitting in safety?

Personally, part of my initial attraction to EVE was the 'anything can happen' atmosphere. I could get suicide-ganked in high-sec, but IRL I might also step off the curb and get flattened by a speeding bus.

It' that uncertainty that adds depth to EVE -- we're never ever totally safe. Not in EVE and not in our own homes. It's in learning to choose how much we'll risk that keeps things interesting.

Do you live in a POS, because otherwise you're fine if your home is a captain's quarters.

If it's the case that "niche" EVE is not as good a prospect as "WoW" EVE, then maybe it's the case that simply no market can be made for it. But first, we gotta make sure that suicide ganking with Catalysts isn't profitable, since that was clearly never intended, eh

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#510 - 2012-09-01 11:16:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Lin-Young Borovskova
Kryss Darkdust wrote:
Quote:

Low sec vomits trillions of isk only a few are doing because players living there have done of that place what it is, a waste land, and then complain moan and cry lvl4 should come to low sec...give us a break.


Go out to low sec and prove you can make Trillions of ISK ... seriously, no offense but you have no idea what your talking about. It takes serious organization, team work and considerable effort to do well in Low Sec and no matter what your always under threat of losing it on a daily basis. You get that organized in a team in high sec and you stand to make a hell of a lot more ISK and its practically assured since the risk of losing it is so minimal even with suicide ganking.

Experience is the great teacher here, unless you have tried it you should be careful about sharing your opinion on it. I have done low sec to death, I have done high sec to death and its no contest, I can make 1000% more ISK in high sec.



Do you eve realise you have no bubbles in low sec?
Do you even realise gates and stations have gun, weak of course but it's a little support.

Can you even think I can go there and do whatever I'm pleased to the moment I know what I'm doing and you will probably never be able to catch me because low sec, when you know how to, the chances you get caught by something are very thin.
High sec players issue is that you guys don't even give them a chance to learn they're already pop and podded before they realise whatever.

Now tell us all how you do to not make tons of isk when:

-All you need is a speed tanked frig and an alt to literally make billions of isk with FW playing a couple hours a day
-A little bit of scanning and if you can't make at least 2 billions a day you're doing it wrong, it takes 2/3 hours max

Then explain me how much time as a single player it takes you to make 1 billion running lvl4's, same billion mining, same billion doing other stuff.

The fact you're better being in some organised local corp/alliance is one thing, the fact trillions of isk are there to be made but little to no one doing it is another thing.
The problem is not the amounts of rewards there to be made, it's a myth telling low sec rewards are bad and I'm sure CCP can prove you're wrong just by providing some numbers.

Edit: just to add before I live in null I was a low sec resident, had my hard lessons taken and also rewards, all I've learned over there was with old -10 dudes but didn't made me invulnerable or omniscient in low just learned me some basics and how to have fun over there killing stuff but also how to make easy isk because there's almost no one to bother you.

Now if you still think you can do 10000% more isk in high sec than low I will still tell you that you're doing it wrong and that's a fact. You choose to do stuff in high sec because you don't want to take any risk in low doing it, that simple.
The only way for you to do better isk in high is by banking haulers/freighters/pimp mission boats and only because Concord makes it safe enough for you to do it.

brb

Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#511 - 2012-09-01 11:33:51 UTC
Wow he even has his own domain on the internets! He must be speakin true.

CCP trying to increase the player base? Holy **** and I thought they made their move to keep out all the millions of would be risk loving hardcore Nullsec residents of their game.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Frying Doom
#512 - 2012-09-01 12:01:30 UTC
Seleia O'Sinnor wrote:
CCP trying to increase the player base? Holy **** and I thought they made their move to keep out all the millions of would be risk loving hardcore Nullsec residents of their game.

You are probably right, after all the nerfs, buffs and changes done over the years CCP probably just decided that given the state Null is in now it's not worth having new players in Null. That and the current players have left the place in such a state.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Evelyn Meiyi
Corvidae Trading and Holding
#513 - 2012-09-02 03:55:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Evelyn Meiyi
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Evelyn Meiyi wrote:
Do you really want a game that rewards sitting in safety?

Personally, part of my initial attraction to EVE was the 'anything can happen' atmosphere. I could get suicide-ganked in high-sec, but IRL I might also step off the curb and get flattened by a speeding bus.

It' that uncertainty that adds depth to EVE -- we're never ever totally safe. Not in EVE and not in our own homes. It's in learning to choose how much we'll risk that keeps things interesting.

Do you live in a POS, because otherwise you're fine if your home is a captain's quarters.

If it's the case that "niche" EVE is not as good a prospect as "WoW" EVE, then maybe it's the case that simply no market can be made for it. But first, we gotta make sure that suicide ganking with Catalysts isn't profitable, since that was clearly never intended, eh


What I meant by 'in our homes' was our real homes; we're never, ever one-hundred-percent invulnerable, even in a supposedly 'secure' environment.

I agree that suicide ganking needs to be reduced in profitability, but to turn one-quarter of the game's total space into an unassailable fortress or 'safe haven' would be against the very spirit of the 'sandbox' that EVE is designed to support.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#514 - 2012-09-02 04:59:48 UTC
Evelyn Meiyi wrote:
What I meant by 'in our homes' was our real homes; we're never, ever one-hundred-percent invulnerable, even in a supposedly 'secure' environment.

I agree that suicide ganking needs to be reduced in profitability, but to turn one-quarter of the game's total space into an unassailable fortress or 'safe haven' would be against the very spirit of the 'sandbox' that EVE is designed to support.

So we're settling on the T1 catalyst standard for ganking profitability? Or maybe the T2 catalyst standard?

So it's like ... 30 T2Cs worth for a mack and 70T2cs for an Orca, I guess? Or 90T1Cs for the mack....

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?