These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Why do missions in this game LAG so much???

First post
Author
Siyis Rholh
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2012-08-23 13:49:56 UTC
Clouds and stations, indeed.

Some if not all of the ruined stations you get in missions have really messed up textures, too, some worse than others. Amarr station ruins for sure, Angel maybe. The whole exterior of the station is covered in flickering black "flakes" and looking at them in general does terrible things to fps.

I actually don't have *terrible* fps even looking at gas clouds (20-30 maybe) but when you're used to 50-60 it's horribly annoying and I generally face the camera away from clouds / stations in all missions it's possible. When it isn't I zoom out all the way to get decent fps but that's kind of annoying too as all ships will become a small cluster of icons at the center of the screen. Have no problems with framerate drops anywhere else in the game.

If clouds and stations can't be easily fixed not to assault graphics cards every time they're on screen (it really sounds like something is wrong with them) I'd rather they be removed completely until they are, at least clouds. Framerate drop annoyance outweighs the eye candy benefits.
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#42 - 2012-08-23 21:59:58 UTC
Thanks everyone :) I will make a defect and look into the clouds this release

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Tanaka Aiko
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2012-08-23 22:08:39 UTC
also have issue with clouds, even if i changed my computer not long ago, cloud are still horrible for fps, that's ridiculous at wshich point if affect it.
Josef Djugashvilis
#44 - 2012-08-23 23:05:38 UTC
Tanaka Aiko wrote:
also have issue with clouds, even if i changed my computer not long ago, cloud are still horrible for fps, that's ridiculous at wshich point if affect it.

Would you please be kind enough to name a level 4 mission which is affected thus.

I have never noticed it on any mission I have done, but then, that is probably due to my lack of attention to such things.

Am I correct in thinking that the frame rate would need to drop below 30 fps to be noticable?

This is not a signature.

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-08-24 00:18:10 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:

Wow, interesting....

Lord Helghast
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-08-24 04:09:47 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:

all i can say is... O-M-F-G FINALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY this effect both looks dated and has a HORRIBLE FPS hit of a crazy amount
Dex Tera
Super Space Chickens
Space Chickens Alliance
#47 - 2012-08-24 05:44:51 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:

YESSSSSSS \o/
Vrykolakasis
Sparrowhawks Corp
#48 - 2012-08-24 18:39:31 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that the frame rate would need to drop below 30 fps to be noticable?

No; average people can start seeing individual frames at 20 or 25 or something like that, and everything above that appears to be moving, but there's still a "smoothness" of motion that will be detectable for a while longer as you go up in framerate.
Korgan Nailo
5ER3NITY INC
The Gorram Shiney Alliance
#49 - 2012-08-26 06:56:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Korgan Nailo
Hehe, sorry to say, but it is just like that. Clouds = lag.

Quick fix? Zoom out. Ugh

We just use the overview + shortcuts (F1, alt+F1, etc) anyway...

Now, I remember that Recon I L4 Sansha, at the second pocket, there are clouds, and boy, there is lag... if it helps CCP Affinity, that is a plus. Smile

--== EvE Online Quick Reference Sheet: E-Uni Forums Link / EvE Forums Link ==--

Pony Lord Planck
Doomheim
#50 - 2012-08-26 11:36:08 UTC
confirming that gas/particle clouds cause a shitload of lag in wormhole space, especially in "TheOruzeConstruct"
coolzero
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2012-08-26 12:14:52 UTC
not only the cloads causign it also some site have a huge amount of structures stacked( i know some mag site have this problem, like there is one where you have one rock.debrye in the middle and somewhat further you have 3 towers stacked with those bunkers.....whenever you get near that you fps will drop (at least for me) to 5 fps

any site that has those bunkers and a lot of them near you will lag like hell
Justin Cody
War Firm
#52 - 2012-08-26 19:25:55 UTC
I have found that a great deal of the lag is actually client side and is due to the heavy use of particle cloud effects to add flavor to the deadspace pockets. Dust and nebula clouds make my gpu cry.
Previous page123