These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Eve Gate. Does anybody at all remember this still exists?

First post
Author
Alayna Le'line
#21 - 2012-08-20 10:45:30 UTC
Marcus Harikari wrote:
I thought this thread was about the actual EVE Gate in the game somewhere in southern lowsec Smile

Took me a while to figure out it was about the EVE Gate and not the EVE Gate as well (giving different things the same name, always a good idea).

And before this post I didn't even know I could check my skill queue on there (and once I knew I still had to search for it...), pretty handy tbh.
Zera Kerrigan
The 420th Token
#22 - 2012-08-20 10:48:05 UTC
EvE gate? Wasn't it a wormhole?
tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-08-20 10:51:54 UTC
I think the problem with EVE Gate there is actually the RSS feed, which seems broken, rather than EVE Gate itself.
Syler Puuntai
Nomadic Asylum
#24 - 2012-08-20 12:16:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Syler Puuntai
tgl3 wrote:
I think the problem with EVE Gate there is actually the RSS feed, which seems broken, rather than EVE Gate itself.

The real problem was that the Jovians couldn't keep the Eve Gate open long enough for more supply ships to pass through. Which caused the newly arrived civilians in New Eden to revert back to almost primitive way of living and crawl back up to where we are today... Many many died..

Oh wait we aren't talking about that Eve Gate....Yeah the site EveGate(which we currently are on) is crap.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-08-20 12:38:19 UTC
The EVE Gate site isn't all that bad. It lets me look at other peoples contact lists, who either have no knowledge of this site or are too stupid to change their settings. A great way to discover who they use as alts.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

XxRTEKxX
256th Shadow Wing
Phantom-Recon
#26 - 2012-08-20 13:47:50 UTC
I only use it to send emails
Cadfael Maelgwyn
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-08-20 13:50:53 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
And remember if it isn't bug free you will disappear in the middle of the night. Lol

Then the entire development team will be gone in less than a week.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-08-20 14:10:58 UTC
Evegate's contact management can do stuff that the in-game can't Cool

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-08-20 14:12:50 UTC
ya, I use it for emails and such. Forgot it was called Eve Gate
Garreth Vlox
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-08-21 02:10:37 UTC
Grayson Freeman wrote:
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Moving this from Market Discussions to General Discussions.

Also, if you'll take a quick minute to look in the upper left corner...

Looked in the upper left hand corner.... What am I looking for? Says EVE|GATE. Your answer is a non-answer. Hope u can clarify it.

How does this reflect the fact that the info he is speaking of is 2-3 months out of date?? That's actually been bugging me for a while.

I think I am wondering:

Why not keep the info there up to date??

While I'm sure the OP was asking a rhetorical question, I have to say I use it every day to check mail when I am away from my PC. My sales and communications depend on it for keeping up to date with my potential customers.

I use eve gate when I'm at work where the client is unavailable to me. On a side note why are people surprised that CCP added a feature (Eve Gate) and then proceed to ignore it for months at a time like everything else they have ever added to this game?

The LULZ Boat.

Tiberius StarGazer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-08-21 02:23:35 UTC
I discovered the EVE Gate function while I was away the past few days. Very handy, would like to see wallet functionality and training queue management.
Maxpie
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#32 - 2012-08-21 04:38:59 UTC
Eve Gate will replace Facebook one day!

No good deed goes unpunished

Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-08-22 02:58:08 UTC
Kryss Darkdust wrote:
Dr Shameless wrote:
It was worth it for the web evemail access alone. So i would say it's a success Cool

I second that. Give me a corp (in game chat) and as far as Im concerned its the single best online tool for a MMO in existance.

Yes! And give EVE Gate its own player counter on the client login screen.

Occasionally plays sober

Radius Prime
Tax Evading Ass.
#34 - 2012-08-22 11:21:12 UTC
Think it's handy tool. Can't always be online so I like to check my SP progression on it when I know it's about that time.

Reopen the EVE gate so we can invade Serenity. Goons can go first.

Previous page12